Author Topic: [Public][S2 W5 D2 19:07][Anatomy Lab] The foot bone's connected to the shin bone  (Read 10557 times)

Offline Madwolf

• Mars RPG Alumnus
    • View Profile
Osric sat at a lab table, looking at a sheet of bone names as he held in his paw a skeletal model of the Wolf foot. Around him were several skeleton models for both human and Wolf. He saw little reason why he was required by the course to learn the human skeleton, though he wasn't one to argue about it. Complain a little bit, perhaps, but not argue. As he examined the foot bones, he attempted to memorize each of the necessary named bones. The big wolf sighed, thinking that this would be much easier if he was studying with a buddy, but his normal lab partner was busy elsewhere. Osric stretched his back, popping a few vertebrae, then he returned to his studies.
Osric Morinis - 17 year old brown Wolf, Physical Training Student

Offline raptor

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
    • http://elizarverant.livejournal.com/
Without as much as a 'howdoyoudo' Thoran found the oppertunity to sit down by Osric in mid-stretch.

"Broken here, here, here, and I think here." Thoran says while pointing at different parts of leg, both on the upper part and the lower part. "Of course, not on the same leg mind you, I got more than one." He smiles. If it had been a real class, Thoran would have had his ears boxed for his act.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 09:53:33 pm by raptor »

Offline Madwolf

• Mars RPG Alumnus
    • View Profile
Osric was taken slightly by surprise with this sudden description.

"Excuse me?" he asked with a bewildered look on his brown-furred face. It took him a moment to gather his thoughts and then asked, "I guess you mean that's all the places you've broken on your legs? Sounds like you've seen some action, Thoran."

Offline raptor

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
"I gravboard, breaking bones is what comes if you are not completly balanced and that." Thoran looks at the human knee intently, checking the ligaments and muscle connections. "Seen some action, that is correct. I try now to be more careful, don't really want to be drugged for the pain."

Thoran pushes the two scuptures together. "Here is what I read some time ago, in a cyantian biology book. One of the reasons humans were such faliour, is that they were more prone to knee injury than the talin and ricael. Now we got to dismiss that notion, since we come from humans." Thoran points to the ligaments. "But it is how the knee is structured. Whilst ours, Ricael, is quite good at what it does, the human, and some Talin, do the job of being straight, but it could be done better." Thoran lets out that gem of knowledge quickly out while pointing rather randomly at places at the knee.

((OOC: I heard somewhere about that, forgot where. If I am wrong, Thoran is wrong then. :P))

Offline Madwolf

• Mars RPG Alumnus
    • View Profile
"If you were to ask me, the weakness in the plantigrade leg would actually be in the ankle, not the knee, as the knee structures are actually quite similar," Osric countered, sounding more intellectual than any jock would, "The plantigrade ankle does a lot more side-to-side movement than a digitigrade does. The freer the joint, the more likely it is to be injured by overextension."

As he discussed this with Thoran, he pointed out the bones, ligaments, and muscles on both models.

Offline raptor

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
"It is not just about movement, it is also about pressure." Thoran leans bit back, deciding not to point at the sculpts. "We may move our heel alot when walking, but when standing, most bending movements are in the knee. Kneel down to pick something up. It is also the pressure the leg is under, and the joints."

He looks bit better at the sculptures, then does the slight shrug. "But then again, you may be right. I am more into the organs themselves, since they are the first ones to worry about when piloting. When you got to worry about your external limbs, that is when you have crashed."

Offline Madwolf

• Mars RPG Alumnus
    • View Profile
"I was beginning to wonder why you were here in the first place, though bringing up a comparison of joints distracted me," the large wolf chuckled, "So you're studying more about your innards being squished about by high G's, aren't you?"

Osric set the models down on the table and turned in his chair to face Thoran. He absentmindedly rubbed his thumb over his fingers with one hand for no other reason than to fidget.

Offline raptor

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
"Correct." Thoran answered. "I got to know just the level of difficulty to breathe is the level of being in serious danger. I didn't notice until much too late two weeks ago that my cockpit was leaking somewhere. I nearly threw up from the pressure difference I got hit from." He swivels his chair also to face the much bigger wolf.

"Piloting is fun, once you get it to your mind that what you are studying aside of the actual control over aircraft is very useful." He leans bit back. "I think it is quite obvious why you are in this class, learning how sport injury is not as fun as it is being told it is?"

Offline Madwolf

• Mars RPG Alumnus
    • View Profile
"I know that injury isn't a pleasant part of physical training, but one must be prepared for it," Osric replied with a slightly more serious tone, "And yet, I'm also learning anatomy so that I know my muscles better and how they work. Proper knowledge on the muscles would be of great use for strength training, which is where I specialize, of course."

A smile crept onto the big wolf's face as he mentioned strength training, which was not only his specialization, but his true passion.

Offline raptor

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
"It sounds to be quite limited, just strength, but some oppertunity to work in a gym, as you said before." Thoran said. "So the injuries you got to fight is ripped or damaged muscles." Thoran said. "Reminds me, we need to arrange another practice run."

Offline Madwolf

• Mars RPG Alumnus
    • View Profile
The brown wolf chuckled and replied, "I don't do just muscle, mind you. Everything in the body is interconnected, so while studying the muscles is important, so is studying the joints, the tendons, the ligaments, and the bones. Even studying the internal organ systems is important because diet and other things are tied to overall good health. Sure, my specialty is strength training, but I must also know everything else that supports good fitness, and it's definitely a lifestyle since it takes organizing your whole body."

As he talked, he continued to rub his thumb over his fingers, but the smile on his face and gleam in his eyes said that he wasn't doing this out of nervousness, but rather a from a touch of excitement in discussing his life passions.

Offline raptor

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
Thoran did a slight 'hm' as he looked at the scuptures. "So everything's connected, right? Maybe I need to look into that. I am bored with studying everything but the organs, but, well, as you said it." Thoran waved his hand casually and looked at Osric. "There was a terran movie which touched that subject bit, I know that because I had to grab a dictionary." He chuckled to himself. "That everything is connected, it is called the Chaos Theory. I am having bit hard time how it relates to bunch of dinosaurs, appearently big lizards that were on Terra hundred something million years ago. That is what the movie was about, bunch of big lizards."

Offline Madwolf

• Mars RPG Alumnus
    • View Profile
"I don't know much about chaos theories or giant extinct Terran reptiles," Osric replied with a shrug, "I just know that everything in the body is connected in one way or another. I don't know if that applies to life, but perhaps it can. Who knows for sure?"

Offline raptor

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
Thoran took up from his backpack his dataplate, then opened up the biology book program. "The teacher is having a quiz wednesday, what chapters, I dont know, do you?" He said as checking the summary of the chapters.

Offline Madwolf

• Mars RPG Alumnus
    • View Profile
"I think it's chapters eight and nine on the muscular system, but you shouldn't worry too much about it. If you took good notes during the lecture, the quiz should be fairly easy," Osric said, picking up the model Wolf leg again, but more for just the sake of holding it than actually using it for study.