Author Topic: [Public] [S2, W2, D6, 9:15 PM], Pumping Iron  (Read 1767 times)

Offline daemonschile

  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,153
    • View Profile
[Public] [S2, W2, D6, 9:15 PM], Pumping Iron
« on: February 26, 2010, 12:15:00 pm »
from http://shivae.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3928

[Public] [S2, W2, D6, 9:15 PM], Pumping Iron

Posted by: Doink May 7 2006, 05:35 PM
Alraune walks into the gymnasium wearing a synthetic tank top and exercise shorts. She hated to expose so much of her body, but comfort during exercise was a greater priority for her at this point. She had brought along a water jug to keep her cool; she believed that if she didn't end up needing the water, she wasn't working hard enough. In her other hand was a CD player that she had bought the previous day, along with a few CDs from Earth. She hadn't been able to listen to them until now, and she sincerely hoped that they were worth the credits.

Normally she would spend more time at the gym each week, but the assignments from her security class had completely overwhelmed her. She hadn't expected to spend her days filing paperwork like she did during her brief stint at Centralis Express, but she was willing to grit her teeth and push through, because unlike her old job, she was certain that there were other duties that would be much more enjoyable.

First on the list was the treadmill. She inserted a CD into her CD player ("Dookie" by Green Day), clipped it to her waistband, and slipped her headphones on. Her fingers punched in the instructions for the treadmill, and as it started up she set down her water jug and hoped that the CD player would hold.

(OOC: I'm going to assume that the academy has a gym.  )


Posted by: Darius Fan May 7 2006, 05:47 PM
OOC: Wow... someone has made a thread that Rystall won't end up in... amazing.  Yup... my wuffie doesn't do that ex-ker-siiz thing...  Then again, I think fitness is mandatory for someone in Security.

Anyway, ignore this post if you want, because it's the only one you're going to find here from me. 


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 7 2006, 06:51 PM
{ooc} I plan on bringing either Rifa or Ruti into this thread, but I am waiting on some information before deciding which. May edit this post to add them when I find out.


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 9 2006, 01:14 PM
{ooc} Rifa is the better fit, especially since they met before in the Cedric Spaceport thread.

Time to work off all that food. Rifalia thought, as she walked in wearing a black tank top and a matching pair of exercise shorts.

And for that, there was no better place than the gym. Do some running on the treadmill, look at the often well-built guys, and perhaps get in a flirt or two while she was there..

There were only a couple of guys to look at by the treadmills, but there was a familiar looking vixen listening to a CD of some sort. As Rifa set the treadmill up for a good run, and began to jog, she tried to recall where she had met this vixen before.

As she did so, she popped in a cryscord music track of party music to run to, and put her headset on. (I assume there is a handheld device for this.)

"Come here often?" she asked the other vixen, her music quiet enough she could hear her surroundings.


Posted by: Doink May 9 2006, 07:31 PM
Alraune begins to speed up to a trotting pace before noticing another vixen talking to her. "Oh. Hello. No, this is my first time here at the gym, but that's because I just got here this week. I hope I get to come here frequently, though."


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 9 2006, 11:40 PM
"I like this gym." Rifa says with a grin. "For one thing, all the big, strong guys like to come here to show off. It's a fun to watch sometimes. An amusing way to work off a meal. My name's Rifa, by the way. I think we've met before, but I can't remember where just yet."


Posted by: Doink May 10 2006, 03:42 PM
"I'm Alraune Belmora," Alraune replied. The treadmill she was using hadn't gotten up to running speed just yet, so conversation remained somewhat easy. "I'm mainly doing this to stay in shape for my security assignments. They haven't actually given me any that require fitness yet, but I'm not taking any chances."

She gave her tongue a brief rest and focused on her music.

"Although I guess seeing todds work out isn't bad, either," she confessed.


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 10 2006, 11:18 PM
"Oh, I can imagine trying to keep up with the troublemakers up here will help a bit with that too." Rifa chuckles, her own treadmill moving into fairly high gear now. But Rifa seemed to keep up with relative ease, being the active sort.


Posted by: Doink May 11 2006, 03:56 PM
Alraune's treadmill speeds up a bit, matching Rifa's in terms of speed. "Ugh. If they're anything like some of the wolves I knew in Centralis, my blood pressure's going to be massacred. What job are you taking?"


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 11 2006, 08:34 PM
"I'm a mechanic by trade." Rifa says. "After this semester, I'll take a job servicing lifts and small aircraft. I can't wait." Rifa is grinning at the thought.

"I have seen some of the pranks and random silliness from last semester though, and there are some inventive people here. I don't know what you're used to though."

Rifa neglected mentioning the fact that many of the troublemakers were her own friends, or that she had known of their plans beforehand and been there for when the prank was pulled. In her mind, they were harmless pranks, a form of amusement. Most of the time, the victims were fellow troublemakers, although they did occasionally target a professor they didn't like.


Posted by: Doink May 12 2006, 02:25 PM
The treadmill continues to increase, and soon Alraune drops and begins running on all fours. "Eh, it was mostly this one pair of twins that really got on my nerves. They weren't really full-time pranksters, but they did occasionally give someone a good scare. They just really irritated me, I guess."

She decides to shift the topic to Rifa's job. "What makes you so happy about servicing lifts?"


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 12 2006, 11:57 PM
"I'm not sure exactly." Rifa replied, dropping to fours herself. "I fell in love with mechanics many, many years ago when I was first introduced. There's just something satisfying about taken that which is broken, and making it right again."


Posted by: Doink May 13 2006, 12:19 PM
"Yeah, that's true," Alraune admits. Her body's beginning to heat up, both literally and figuratively. "But what happens if you can't fix something?" She turns and looks at Rifa curiously.


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 13 2006, 01:28 PM
"I can fix anything." Rifa replied proudly, rejecting the premise. Well, almost anything.

Rifa frowned for a moment after thinking of several times she had struggled with some device that almost worked right that she had had to give up on. She had been in a noticeably bad mood for several hours afterwards, despite her friend's best efforts.


Posted by: Doink May 13 2006, 03:43 PM
Alraune scoffed. "I wasn't talking about machines," she said jokingly. "But you seem pretty confident in your abilities. I'd like to say that about myself, but I haven't really had much opportunity to prove myself right just yet."


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 13 2006, 11:42 PM
"Oh, you meant other than machines. Well, I've found that some things can't be fixed. Those would have to be frustrating situations." Rifa replies. "Although having a sense of humor sometimes help make it easier to live with."


Posted by: Doink May 14 2006, 08:40 AM
"Yeah," Alraune replies. "I need to work on my sense of humor."

She waits a few seconds before continuing.

"So how often DO todds come in here?"


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 14 2006, 09:15 AM
"I saw them fairly often last semester." Rifa answered her fellow vixen. "It's just a shame we're a minority now, or else there might be more."

A minute after Rifa answers, a young todd comes in to start his workout, stretching out without taking any notice that he might be watched. Slightly taller than a normal fox, his physique is clearly that of one with discipline in training rigor.


Posted by: Doink May 15 2006, 05:24 PM
Alraune gives the newcomer a glance, and immediately finds it harder to concentrate on her treadmill. "What about this one?" she asks. "Do you know him?"


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 15 2006, 06:04 PM
"He came in a lot last semester, but I don't think I ever thought of saying hello." Rifa admits. "He strikes me as someone here for business, and not given to conversation, at least within these walls. As a matter of fact, I've run on the treadmill right beside him and he never so much as looked over."


Posted by: Doink May 16 2006, 03:10 PM
Hmm, sounds good so far... Alraune's breathing quickens as the pace of the treadmill peaks. "So no one's ever talked to him, as far as you know?"


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 16 2006, 03:31 PM
"Not in here." Rifa replied. "I have little doubt that once he leaves the gym, though, that he has his own circle of friends and interests and such. You could try to talk to him after his routine here. It wouldn't surprise me if he was friendly. After all, I hate to be interrupted when I'm working on something, but I'm friendly."


Posted by: Doink May 23 2006, 07:22 PM
"That's good," Alraune says. "I thought he was one of those loner types. So do you find it hard to live on your own?"


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 23 2006, 09:26 PM
"Nah, I got several good friends whose company I enjoy. Plus my roommates are all good folk." Rifa responds.

"Have you met many of your fellow students here yet?" Rifa asked.


Posted by: Doink May 25 2006, 07:44 PM
"I haven't really gotten to know any of them yet," Alraune replies. "Same goes for Rayne and Vedoo. I hope that changes soon, because I'm gonna have to work under them someday."


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 25 2006, 07:47 PM
"No doubt you'll get to know them better. I can tell you Khaelis is quite the character, but I haven't heard much of his tales recently." Rifa chuckles at this.

"What about your fellow students in other fields of study? What do you think of them so far?"


Posted by: Doink May 28 2006, 08:09 AM
"Khaelis?" Alraune asked. "Yeah, I think I heard a few things about him. It sounds like the security field is completely wrong for him.

"As for the other students, I haven't really seen that much of them. No, wait, there are a few that I've managed to remember. There's this one wolf, Rystall? He's got an insecurity problem the size of a heavy lift. I can be with him for a little bit, but it gets on my nerves after a while. I hope he gets better about it, 'cause otherwise he's pretty nice.

"There's also this Terran guy that I've seen hanging around, what's his name, Cyric? He's a horrible dresser, you can't miss him. He's pretty quirky, and he has a pretty negative opinion of his people, which I guess I can relate to. I mean, it's not that I hate myself for being a fox, but I'm pretty damn frustrated at our history."

(OOC: I'm just going to give Alraune's impression of some of the PCs, okay?)


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 28 2006, 08:20 PM
"Horrible dresser, eh? I think I know the guy you're talking about. Chased him and a female wolf down when he first got here. Quite an interesting character."

After thinking for a moment, Rifa vaguely connects Alraune to the chase. "Come to think of it, I seem to recall seeing you somewhere around that day." (Up until this point, Rifa hadn't connected Alraune to Cedric.)


Posted by: Josh the Aspie May 29 2006, 12:45 AM
It?s about this point that a neutral white, enclosed hover-chair appears, nose-first, at the entrance to the Gym. The occupant is a short-hair Silvestri feline whose tops appears to be a close fitting red tank-top, or perhaps the top part of a leotard. He?s wearing a pair of dark black sunglasses which cover his eyes. His fur is white with black spots, and one of those spots covers his right eye and ear. The chair uses the main walk-ways between the equipment, as it navigates into the room, and through it.


Posted by: Doink May 29 2006, 08:10 AM
Alraune sighs. "Yeah, I ratted him out to the authorities when he tried to run away. It was a stupid thing of me to do. All he wanted was to get away from his escort and have some fun."

Her ears droop, but thankfully the new arrival diverts her attention before she can get too depressed. "Wow. It's nice to know that he's so dedicated to fitness." The treadmill begins to slow down, and her pace slows down to match it.


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 29 2006, 08:27 AM
"Don't worry too much about it." Rifa comforts her fellow vixen. "It was kinda stupid for him to try to run off like that as well. I suspect though that he'll fit in just fine when all is said and done."

Looking at the sylvestri who just came in, Rifa replies, "I agree. That's dedication."


Posted by: Josh the Aspie May 29 2006, 02:42 PM
He twitches his left ear in their direction, as he passes bye, it has a slight notch out of it. He then slows, as he approaches the parallel bars, and moves along them, running his hand over each of the bars, before he begins adjusting the height, to lower it, apparently the last user had been a lion, tiger, or a bear. Oh my! It certainly does need adjusting.


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 29 2006, 10:57 PM
"You know, I'll have to note this in my journal." Rifa says. "It really speaks to the heart of what it means to be Cyantian."

With that Rifa slows her treadmill, reaches into her gym bag and pulls out her journal, and starts typing an entry about the the cat, whose name she has yet to learn, to speak of what it means to pursue something despite great difficulty and major obstacles. Her treadmill moves at a normal walk was she types in her entry, watching with interest as his does his routine.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie May 30 2006, 01:29 AM
After adjusting the bars to a more reasonable height, he takes his chair to one end, and opens up a latch, swinging the chair door open with a soft hiss. He is indeed wearing a leotard. He opens up a small compartment on one arm of the chair, and removes his sun glasses, folding them and placing them with practiced precision into the arm and closes it.

As the glasses come off, he reveals the fact that his eyes are closed, and there is a fair amount of faded scar tissue about the eyes, interrupting his fur, even causing patches of it to be missing on his eyelids. He reaches up, and pulls himself out of the chair. He winces as he uses his legs to push, then pauses, and adjusts to be leaning almost all of his weight onto one arm, and gently pets down his tail, getting the kinks out of it, then moves his arm back to the other end of the parallel bars, and begins walking himself down their length.

His legs and tail are atrophied. They aren?t withered by any means, but they are obviously no longer of enough utility to him that they get regular use of any kind.


Posted by: Doink May 30 2006, 10:54 AM
Alraune's treadmill slowly comes to a stop. Rising from her four-legged position, she lets her gaze fall on the mounty. She can't help but feel curious about him, as well as a bit of admiration, albeit not as much as Rifa's.

After a short pause for stretching her legs, she retrieves her water bottle and takes a few swigs. "I think I'll try talking to him," she says, moving towards a bench next to the mounty's parallel bars. The bench had barbell above it, making it the ideal setting for bench-pressing.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie May 30 2006, 12:09 PM
About half way down the bars, he takes a deep breath, and the slowly spreads his legs to the sides, he gets them up to a 10 degree angle from the vertical, and holds it for a few moments, before letting them come back to their natural rest position, then moves them about 10 degrees forwards, and holds them for a few moments again, then back together, then he splits them apart each direction, each time 10 degrees from the vertical (approximately), and each time held for a few moments.


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 30 2006, 11:24 PM
After making an entry into her journal, Rifa stops her treadmill and wanders over towards Kol. Pausing she attempts to gauge the wisdom of interrupting the process or perhaps testing her own strength on the parallel bars, just to get a feel for the difficulty.

I wonder how he came to be that way. However it happened, it looks like it was quite tragic.

{ooc} Requesting an advise on the feasibility of Rifa talking to Kol as he exercises. Rifa can wait until after he finishes his routine if his absolute focus is required.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie May 31 2006, 12:55 AM
((OOC: Well, about as feasible as talking to anyone else on the parallel bars. It takes a fair amount of concentration and physical exertion, and one needs breath to keep their muscles moving, so conversation would often be slow.))

Kol does another two sets of the work on his legs, his tail swishing this way and that weakly as he moves, then walks himself down to the end of the parallel bars, and then upon feeling the end, he backs up a bit, and forces himself over to having both hands on one bar, then again uses a fair amount of force so that he?s facing back the way he came, and begins moving himself down in that direction, to about mid-way down the parallel bars again, then takes a few deep breaths, and glances from side to side. ?Hello there.?


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 31 2006, 01:43 AM
"Hello." Rifa smiles at the mounty, deciding it best to start off low-key. "Just watching your workout for a moment. I hope you don't mind. I find it inspirational."


Posted by: Josh the Aspie May 31 2006, 04:49 AM
He begins working his legs again, this time at 15 degrees. ?If it helps you work out, sure? but I don?t see what there is to be inspired about. I?m just a guy trying to stay fit, and not doing a very good job of it.? He comments with a frown, then takes a deep breath, sucking it up as he holds his legs out another moment longer, wincing at it.


Posted by: Doink May 31 2006, 04:35 PM
Alraune has already set a modest amount of weight on her set of barbells, and slowly lifts them into the air, keeping them quite steady. "You're doing pretty well for someone in your condition," she replies. "I think that's the inspiring part." She brings down the barbells just as carefully and holds that position for a few seconds. "Would you mind spotting me, Rifa?"


Posted by: Shippou-chan May 31 2006, 11:13 PM
"Sure." Rifa replies, moving into position for a spot. "But I must warn you I work more on endurance than strength training."

"May I ask your name, sir?" Rifa asks, willing to converse at whatever pace Kol was comfortable with, given the task he was focused on.. "Mine is Rifalia."

Her journal lies at her feet as she awaits the slightest signal that her spotting help is needed.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie May 31 2006, 11:39 PM
He nods a little bit. ?My name is Kol Prorer.? He says, rolling the first and second rs, but not the third. It is pronounced Pro-r-er. He continues, again doing three sets in full as he speaks with them. ?And if that?s inspiring, I hope the inspiration does someone good.?


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 1 2006, 11:04 AM
"Kol Prorer" Rifa repeats, managing the combination of rolled r's and unrolled r with some difficulty. "It is a pretty name."


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 1 2006, 01:06 PM
He chuckles a bit, as he pauses after his set of 3 reps. ?Care to tell me your name?? He asks, before beginning to walk down the parallel bars again.


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 1 2006, 01:46 PM
"Rifalia Mekiska" replies the fox, whose attention seems focused on keeping the other vixen from harm done by a falling barbell. "But most everyone calls me Rifa."


Posted by: Doink Jun 1 2006, 03:11 PM
"Alraune Belmora." Alraune holds the barbell in place at the top briefly, then lets it come down again. "Nice to meet you, Kol," she says, neglecting to mention that she can't pronounce his last name.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 3 2006, 07:31 PM
He nods, as he gets near the end of the bars, and feels the post with his fingers in order to make sure of his position. ?A pleasure to meet you Rifalia Mekiska, and Alraune Belmora.? He turns once again, facing away from the chair. He takes a deep breath, then starts walking down the bars again. "You're obviously here to exercise, but why in particular?" He asks with a soft smile.


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 3 2006, 08:55 PM
"Well," Rifa starts after she thinks for a moment. "I like the freedom to choose my own path to be honest. But if I never made sure I could run the path I chose, I would trade in that freedom for something less."

Pausing for a moment, she asks, "Have you ever imagined what it would be like if you could simply walk away from your chair, and leave it forever behind?"

For many people, this question would be very risky, yet somehow she thought Kol the sort of person who didn't dwell on the negative. He wouldn't be here trying to improve himself if that were true.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 4 2006, 01:54 AM
Kol stops, gripping both of the polls, and just stays there, for a very long moment, before he takes a deep breath, and says, with some strain in his voice. "In all honesty, I?d rather have my eyes back." He then takes a few slow breaths, and takes another step forward with his hands, though he?s slowed down a bit, and is taking shorter steps.


Posted by: Doink Jun 4 2006, 01:15 PM
"I -ngh- exercise so I can handle anything that comes my way," Alraune answers, completing her fifth lift.

"I wouldn't be able to decide, myself. I guess -ngh- I could still do things in both cases, but I like how -ngh- I am now."

That makes six lifts. "But don't worry about it. I can think of worse things to happen to a person. Your -ngh- brain is still working fine, after all."


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 4 2006, 01:56 PM
"Hmmm, yes. The things most of us take for granted." Rifa responds to Kol's statement.

She saw in this mounty a type of strength few people would ever possess, because few people were ever placed in a position where they needed it.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 6 2006, 04:43 AM
Kol smirks a bit, before he replies. ?True. I just have to learn to use it differently now. Sort of like how I have to use my body differently.? He moves forwards again, to approximately the middle, and begins another set, at 20 degrees.?


Posted by: Doink Jun 8 2006, 03:51 PM
Alraune finishes her last set on the benchpress and gets up, taking another drink of water as she does so. "How long have you been like this, Kol?" she asks.


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 8 2006, 04:11 PM
Her spotting duty finished, Rifa takes up her journal again, and begins making another entry, while listening to the exchange, and prepared to ask a question if need be.

This sort of discussion was linked to the very meaning of life, as far as she was concerned, and it fueled a sort of passion which for the moment was more powerful than even her pursuit of mechanics.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 8 2006, 09:44 PM
He winces, as he finishes the set, and replies. ?About 4 rots since the injury. About 2 since I got on a maintenance schedule of exercise, rather than a rebuilding one.?


Posted by: Doink Jun 10 2006, 09:52 PM
"What injury?" Alraune asks as she gets up and stretches.


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 12 2006, 10:01 AM
Rifa pauses writing and listens quietly.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 13 2006, 02:55 AM
((OOC: Pardon, lost track of this thread for a bit.))

He sighs a bit. ?Well, the one that took my sight and most of the use of the lower part of my body... are you... sure you want to hear the rest of this??


Posted by: Doink Jun 13 2006, 04:46 AM
"If you don't mind telling it," Alraune replies as she lies face down on a mat, preparing to press her hands down and do some pushups. "It can't be any worse than my life story."


Posted by: Madwolf Jun 13 2006, 06:26 PM
Osric entered the gym with dataplate and water bottle in tow. The others who were present were obviously engaged in conversation, so he did what he could to remain unnoticed by them. He didn't want to interrupt or steal anybody's thunder.

First, he set his dataplate and water bottle nearby and went to the cable machine. He set it for use for lat pulldowns and set his desired weight. The wolf sat himself in the seat and quietly pulled about twelve reps for a warmup set.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 16 2006, 11:31 AM
He nods and sighs. ?Alright then.? He begins walking down the parallel bars again. About five year ago, my mother was taking us to school, as usual. My sister Hesta was already out of the car, and I was getting out when I heard this sudden loud blaring sound. Suddenly the world was spinning, and my back hurt. I was staring up into the sky when suddenly my upper body started to burn, and the world went green, then black. A tanker had slammed into our car. Except for Hesta, my father, and myself, my entire family was dead. He pauses, taking a deep breath. He chuckles a little bit, then snuffles. ?If it hadn?t been for them I would have gone mad with grief.?


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 16 2006, 12:28 PM
Rifa's ears droop at the tragedy of the tale. "I don't think many people would have done well after something like that. It was hard enough for me just to handle the fear of tragedy looming just out of sight. But to live with such heavy loss from something that came out of nowhere, and should not have happened.. You have my deepest respect, Kol."

Rifa thought back to the scare so many years ago, where even a single case of the plague nearby might spell doom for everyone. Rifa counted herself very lucky


Posted by: Doink Jun 16 2006, 02:56 PM
Alraune stays silent for several seconds, letting Kol's story sink over her. While the tragedy in her life was spread out over her kithood, he seemed to have taken his all at once, and spent the rest of his life trying to cope.

"Wow," she finally gasped, from the story and the push-ups. "I guess your story CAN compare to mine."


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 16 2006, 03:04 PM
He sighs softly. "I... thank you, both. I suppose." He sighs, and finally reaches the end of the bars. "I suppose since I've shared this much, I should share the last bit of why I would have gone mad, were it not for the part of my family that remained. Before the accident, I was a painter." He takes a deep breath, then turns around, and begins on his way back down the bars.


Posted by: Madwolf Jun 16 2006, 03:38 PM
'Harsh,' Osric thought as he set the weight a little higher between sets, 'Life must be hard for him because he can't do what he loves. I can't imagine not being able to workout and train. That guy's got serious guts to keep on going.'

He pulled another set of reps and then got up and chugged from his water bottle. He had to keep focused on the lifting, not on the conversation.


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 20 2006, 10:49 AM
All Rifa can say to Kol's last revelation is "Wow."

Nothing I can do for him that I haven't already done. I ought to add arm workouts to my exercising, in his honor.

Rifa sets her dataplate back down and walks over to the other set of parallel bars. With a jump she mounts fairly steadily. She takes a few 'steps' with her arms up and down to get a feel for it, having a little trouble turning around.

"Quite the workout for your arms. I may have to add these bars to my routine."


Posted by: Doink Jun 21 2006, 10:43 AM
Alraune continued her pushups, thinking about Kol and his future. What could he do with his life now?

"So now what do you do?" she asked.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 21 2006, 01:44 PM
Kol nods a bit. ?I?m working on becoming a mathematician.? He comments over to Alraune, before he pushes off of one side of the bars with his left hand, and then lands his lower hips against the bar, as he latches onto the bar with his left hand. He then pushes off of that bar with both hands, and swings his right over to take the bar that his left hand used to be latching onto.


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 22 2006, 03:02 AM
"Sounds like a worthy field." Rifa comments while paused. "Are your classes going well?"

Rifa then does another arm-walk the length of the bars, doing her best to breathe properly.

A lot of this could wear me out. I will start doing this once a week I think.

Reaching the end, Rifa tries some leg lifts, and finds the difficulty is in keeping the legs up, rather than getting them up.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 22 2006, 07:25 AM
He nods a little bit. "Yes, I have been so far. Thank you for asking. And the excersise can be a bit straining, yes. I'd reccomend not pushing yourself while getting used to it."


Posted by: Doink Jun 22 2006, 03:22 PM
"I take it niether of you are used to this?" Alraune asked, now trying to do her pushups with one hand. "I've been doing this for rots, now. But I agree with Kol, at least in your case."


Posted by: Madwolf Jun 22 2006, 04:03 PM
"Your friend is right," Osric added as he got up from his last set of pulldowns, "When starting out on an exercise, it's smart to start off a little easy. Overworking yourself gets you nowhere."

The wolf drank from his water bottle again and stretched his arms. He then went to the dumbbells. He selected a 75 pound dumbbell from the weight rack and sat on the bench for concentration curls.


Posted by: Doink Jun 22 2006, 06:16 PM
"Uh huh." Alraune nodded as she switched to her other hand. "Thing is, I've been doing this for a while. I'm used to working out regularly."

She looked up at Osric, noticing for the first time how fit he was. "Oh, and hello. Who are you?"


Posted by: Madwolf Jun 22 2006, 06:58 PM
"Name's Osric," the Wolf grunted as he finished his first set of curls. He then switched hands and before starting the next set asked, "What's your name?" He continued pumping out the curls, his bicep bulging with each repitition. He usually liked to focus while lifting, but he didn't mind a little chitchat between sets.


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 22 2006, 11:10 PM
"Yeah, you're right. Just like everything else, sometimes you have to work your way into something new." Rifa admits. However, she is still feeling up to one or two more times travelling the bars, and turns around and 'walks' down the bars, and turns around again.

"Hello Osric. Name's Rifa. A pleasure to meet ya." She replies as she tries to see how long she can hold her legs up. She finds though, that she's about at her limit and sets herself down.

He's pretty big, even for a wolf. Good thing he's friendly.


Posted by: Doink Jun 23 2006, 08:23 AM
Alraune finished her pushups and flipped over, laying on her back with her hands behind her neck. "I'm Alraune," she replied, before beginning her sit-ups. "You're obviously used to working out, too," she noted, looking at Osric's arm.


Posted by: Madwolf Jun 23 2006, 01:41 PM
"Nice to meet the both of you. And to say that I'm used to working out is a bit of an understatement, to be honest," Osric replied as he finished his left arm's set. He rested for a moment and continued talking, "It's practically my life. I'm a physical training major and I have always had an interest in fitness and bodybuilding."

He rested a bit more, then returned to his right arm for the second set of concentration curls.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 24 2006, 12:41 AM
After finishing another rep of the excersises on his legs, Kol speaks up. "A pleasure to meet you Osric. And to answer your question Alraune, I am used to this. I was just making sure Rifala didn't strain herself."


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 24 2006, 02:18 AM
"I think I do more of the aerobic and flexibility exercise than the strength-bearing exercise." Rifa comments. "But I may have to carry something heavy in the course of my duties and not have a lift available to me, so it's probably best I start building at least a little strength. Thanks for the concern, Kol."

She stands and rests for a minute or two before her next mounting.

Let's see. I made two complete trips last time. Let's see if I can repeat that here in a moment.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jun 28 2006, 09:03 PM
He sighs deeply, as he gets to the end of the bars one more time, then turns once again, and sets down into his chair. He then guides it over towards one of the collections of dumb-bells, and feels across their surfaces. As usual, they haven?t been put back in order of weight, so it takes him a while to find the weight he's looking for. He takes one of those belonging to the smallest denominations available, and begins doing curls.

"From here I'm going to do some laps in the pool."


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jun 28 2006, 11:20 PM
As Kol heads over to the weights, Rifa is focused on walking the bars a couple of extra times, and working her legs as well.

She was available and attentive for any comments, but for the moment there is nothing in need of saying, and a few silent moments in the fairly upbeat atmosphere were relaxing.

Hmm, I may have to ask the big guy for some advice on starting strength training sometime.


Posted by: Madwolf Jun 29 2006, 03:52 PM
Osric watched Kol search for a dumbbell. He was compelled to help, but when he stood up, the Mounty had found the desired weight. The wolf sat back down and continued in his concentration curls.

'1...2...3...4...' he counted out his reps in his head, refocusing on his lift.


Posted by: Doink Jul 1 2006, 12:04 AM
The rest of Alraune's situps were finished without further word. She took a brief moment to lie down and stretch out her abs, then walked over to the rack on which all of the dumbbells rested.

She stared at them, trying to determine which would be best, then selected a 35-pound one and sat down next to Osric. She began doing the same type of curls that he was working on, and although the weight slowed her down, she never lost her balance.


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jul 1 2006, 11:59 AM
Rifa finished up another 2 set of parallel armwalks with leg-lift-and-holds, and sat down to rest a moment.

"So Osric, I take it you come in here often?" Rifa guessed. "I'm thinkin' I could probably get some advice on good strength-bearing exercises to balance out cardio and flexibility."


Posted by: Madwolf Jul 1 2006, 12:21 PM
The big wolf watched Alraune sit next to him and do her own concentration curls. For a vixen, her strength was impressive. Then the other vixen approached him and asked for some advice on strength training.

Osric finished his last set then answered Rifa, "If you want to get greater strength, then weights is the way to do it. Anaerobic exercise is the best thing for developing strength, and weight training is most effective, I think. Just tell me what you want to work and how, and I'll give you some suggestions for a good workout."

He was more than happy to help. This was his area of expertise. In fact, this was a sample of what he was planning on doing for a career.


Posted by: Doink Jul 2 2006, 06:53 PM
"Nnnnghyeah!" Alraune grunted as she began her curls. Her bicep's contraction wasn't as big as Osric's, but it could still be seen through the sleeve of her jumpsuit. "You can ask me, too, if you want. I enjoy all sorts of exercise, but I like sparring matches the best. Do you spar, big guy?"


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jul 3 2006, 03:42 AM
He listens in on this, nodding a bit, then after a moment asks. "Say Osric, do you plan on helping average people get in shape, helping in shape people get more in shape, focusing on helping in recovery work, or a mix?" While asking, he shifts the weight to his other arm, having done only 10 reps in a row on that arm, with only 5 lbs.


Posted by: Madwolf Jul 3 2006, 03:09 PM
Alraune spoke to Osric after pulling off a couple more sets.

"You can ask me, too, if you want. I enjoy all sorts of exercise, but I like sparring matches the best. Do you spar, big guy?" she asked.

"I love to spar," he said, ears perking, "I think that it's one of the finest full-body workouts anyone can do. And I happen to have an interest in melee combat, so all the more reason to enjoy it."

Then Kol asked him, "Say Osric, do you plan on helping average people get in shape, helping in shape people get more in shape, focusing on helping in recovery work, or a mix?"

"I'm planning on helping both average and in-shape people with their exercise programs," the wolf answered, "But recovery is more along the lines of physical therapy and is a more medical practice. I don't consider myself able or qualified for recovery training programs."

Osric got up and set the dumbbells back into their respective place on the racks. He took a long drink from his water bottle, then found it was near empty. He looked for and found a water fountain and began to refill it.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jul 3 2006, 04:54 PM
He nods a bit, with a smirk, as he does 10 on the other side as well. "Believe me, I'm familiar with physical therapy." He then replaces the 5 lb weight, and retrieves a 10 lb weight, and begins lifting with the earlier arm.


Posted by: Doink Jul 3 2006, 05:02 PM
"Great!" Alraune switched her dumbbell to her other arm and continued curling with it. "Maybe we could try for a match now?"


Posted by: Madwolf Jul 3 2006, 08:25 PM
"Well I don't know, Alraune," Osric said, "I've still got a few more lifts before I'm done with my workout."

Then the wolf took a drink of his refilled water bottle and thought, 'Of course, I was going to go a bit light today... and it's been a while since I've had a good sparring match. But should I spar against someone half my size?'

Osric mulled it over for a moment or two longer then shrugged and decided, "I guess I could spar now, if you want. I'm ready whenever you are."


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jul 3 2006, 08:41 PM
Kol ?looks? up from where he?s working out, eyes still closed, and after 11 reps, moves the weight to his other hand, and starts going into it again. ?Say, where is the sparing area? In case I ever get invited to watch a spar.? He asks with a smirk.


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jul 3 2006, 08:56 PM
Rifa sees a spar is about to occur and decides it best if she went elsewhere. She wasn't a fan of sparring in the slightest, although if Alraune was in security, it was understandable she would need to know how to spar.

"Well, I was going take a swim to relax. Have fun guys. Remind me to look you up later for some weight training." she replied as she headed for the pool, taking her datapad and making an entry as she went along.

Her black outfit was designed to work as a swimsuit as well, one reason she wore it.


Posted by: Doink Jul 4 2006, 08:08 AM
Alraune sets down her dumbbell and springs up from her seat. "Okay, then!"

OOC: Where IS the sparring area?


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jul 4 2006, 08:31 AM
He nods in Rifa's direction. "Don't forget to shower!" He calls out, before returning the weight after the 11th rep, then gets the 15 lb weight off the wrack.

((I'd suggest a mostly encloved alcove with padded walls and floors, and floor markings for various standard match types.))


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jul 4 2006, 12:45 PM
"I won't!" Rifa calls back grinning, always the sanitary sort.

A few minutes later she's in the pool swimming laps, her stuff in a minilocker.


Posted by: Madwolf Jul 4 2006, 02:26 PM
(OOC: I'll have the sparring mats in an open room next to the gym.)

Osric took his dataplate and bottle with him into the designated sparring rooms. He expected Alraune to follow. He set his dataplate and bottle aside and then began to stretch on the mats. He felt the need to loosen up before this match.


Posted by: Doink Jul 6 2006, 05:05 PM
Alraune followed Osric into the gym and did a few stretches to loosen up. She was grinning; she had the perfect strategy for taking down the big lummox.

OOC: PM for Madwolf.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jul 10 2006, 09:34 PM
Not to long after this, Kol is using his hands to slowly pull himself backwards into the swimming area. His fur already hangs tight around him due to his showering. He's in a blue male bikini. He finds the edge of the pool, then pulls himself over to a lap lane, and calls out. "Anyone in this lane?"


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jul 10 2006, 10:28 PM
"I'll move to the next one." Rifa calls out after looking to see which land Kol was using. She had just finished her fourth lap back and forth and still has energy to burn, but as there were very few in the area of the pool, she didn't mind moving over a little.

"Feeling refreshed after your weightlifting?" she asked.


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jul 11 2006, 05:49 AM
He winces a Bit, then shakes his head. "No, it's okay. Is the next one over free? I can use that one." He pauses, then nods. "Yeah, getting that sweat off of me felt nice."


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jul 11 2006, 12:05 PM
"I'm already in the next lane." Rifa responded. "And yeah, it feels good to wash all the sweat off."


Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jul 11 2006, 01:45 PM
He shrugs a bit. "Well, if you're already the next lane over..." He sighs, and shrugs, then just falls backwards into the water with a splash, then floats to the surface, and begins swimming backwards with a backstroke. Ahhh. The cool water feels good."


Posted by: Shippou-chan Jul 15 2006, 08:36 AM
"It is very nice to take a dip in the pool after a workout." Rifa acknowledges, deciding to swim on her back for a lap, before she renews her faster pace of swimming.

Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies