Author Topic: Character Planning Thread #16  (Read 44749 times)

Offline Shippou-chan

• King of Foxes & NPCs
  • Administrator
  • Postaholic
  • Chatin Suiter #4
    • View Profile
Re: Character Planning Thread #16
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2011, 05:22:58 pm »
My impression of Mounty culture and politics where industry is concerned is that 'owners' have a lot of leeway about how to use their resources, but they do have to obey any orders which come down the line, as they are stewards rather than owners.  Unlike Terran communism, the Mounty government does not see the need to control everything to the same degree, and those who run businesses and such do get to reap benefits from improved productivity.

Am I right about this Syke?

At any rate, this information from Syke concerning pack mentality amongst Cyantians helps highlight probably one of the key differences between Cyantians and Terrans, despite their similarities.
The Fidael Family - Noiya, Taisha, Rutilus, Rokfriez, and Double-Q
Rifalia Mekiska - Socialite Revolutionary
Leikki Biegle - Painfully Shy Mouse Mechanic
Amala Kanara - Highly Competitive and Mischievous Special Ops Cheetah
Rhiadi Kaelynn - Graduate Level Education Major
Krytus Yami - Intimidating Security Personnel
Jyala Oppa - Cheerful Otter Athlete
Sharib Akhim - Shelved - Proud and Grumpy Ram (but not a bad guy)
Fictional Characters - Such as Ruti might read.

Offline Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2011, 08:02:15 am »
Yes, that would be it.  Overseers who know what they're doing make the decisions.  Their fields are community owned as are the forests, herds, orchards, etc and everyone works.  If you do not work, you do not eat - unless you're unable to.  School counts as work and it is considered very shameful to NOT do your part.  They do have a choice in what work they do, but just about everyone will serve time in the fields at some point because it's the least desired job. ;)  Being cat based, they prefer meat to crops, but crops feed their animals and they often trade with others for more choice animals.  (They really don't like getting their hands dirty in dirt.)
Some DO have their own personal fields, but they are not as big as those owned by the community and likely tended on the side as an extra project.  Same goes for other personal property.  Most large trade is done by barter, even though they do have money.   

Offline hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2011, 11:03:38 am »
*Double checks Nevix' back story*

Still works. It requires a few changes to some of the assumptions I made, but it still works.

If the main supervision is done by specific overseers, then there must be a good review process to keep bad overseers from holding the position too long. I'm willing to bet that it's both done by internal review by the workers and mid level supervisors and occasionally by an external review system for the really bad/corrupt cases.

I'd like to join the RP, but the only character that I really want to play is my skunk, Nevix. But, I'd also like him to be a technomage. Since I know that's already a restricted profession, I'm not sure how to get around that or if I should just try with him as a technomage anyway. :(
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

Offline hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2011, 12:54:17 pm »
You know, it's not really clear that the rules for submitting a character are here in this thread. Maybe we need a few notes here and there to point people here.

Also, Nevix Astari, my character, has been submitted to Character Planning. First up? Streamlining it a bit an organizing it a bit.
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!