Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Error Reporting Thread  (Read 11098 times)

Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Error Reporting Thread
« on: February 23, 2010, 12:59:50 PM »

Please report problems with the board here.  I will be checking back a couple times a day.

Just as a note:  I've disabled registration.  If you are viewing this and you want to register, you are going to have to go to the website and email me. :D  I'm doing this because there are SO MANY registrations that come pouring in that are not legitimate and purging them is a waste of time.  One of the reasons I want to ultimately move this to Wordpress.  Easier to clean out and prevent the spammers.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:12:57 PM by Tiffany Ross »

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
    • Ivy Trellis's SL store!
Re: Error Reporting Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 01:29:55 PM »

Well, I've been going through marking things as read and noticed that the posts in the 2006 archive disappeared... :P Not that I'm particularly concerned, though. That was quite a while ago. ;D

Also, on an unrelated note, one of the previous crashes wiped out all my PMs, but did not wipe out the 5 pages where they had been. So now I have to wade through 5 blank pages and 1 full page to read my PMs, and it's a bit frustrating. I tried deleting them after that crash had happened, but that didn't fix it. If there's a way to get rid of those blank pages, that would be great, even if I lose the ones I have now. I have them all in email, anyway.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:45:26 PM by KJ Fellie »
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Xi Li Kai, 17, Rifier, linguistics student. APPROVED room 04-N440
Carrie Foxx, 16?, caracal mounty, AMIB agent (captured) APPROVED
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix
Fur Affinity ~ Weasyl ~ Deviant Art
Also: ShivaeWiki!

Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:20:19 PM »

I'll try to fix that in a moment.  Guess that's what all those log files were for. ;)

Hmm.. tried to fix it, but not sure if I did or not.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:37:37 PM by Tiffany Ross »

Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 03:01:24 PM »

Oh, wait, I see what happened.  2006 is alive and well in the 2005 archive.  It's the 2005 posts that are missing.  2006 registration archive child board is in the proper place though.
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student
Soida Hopea/Fox (blue)/31/Music Professor
Tejaswi Calumb/Equine/20/2nd year Whitesmith and Art minor
Fejin Majinai/Taboa/19/2nd year Music major, Martial Artist
Sriek Denae/Wolf/28/Professor of Voice Performance, part time Speech Therapist

Forum progenitor of just about everything dark/mature.
devArt

Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »

Well... that's odd. 0.o  Now, I've already spent most of the day getting the forums moved around.. is it really necessary to move them around? :D  (I don't know how and I don't want to search for how!) 

Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »

Oh wait, no, my sleep deprived self failed to pay attention.  The 2006 posts, with the exception of the registration stuff, are missing.  2005 is all in place.

Also, I just discovered that 90% of the FAQ threads are missing... And so is my whole fanfic thread for 14th Variation of a Theme on Mars in Entertain Me (but I know I saved that somewhere during the initial reports of a move, maybe; I know for sure I have all the files I'll need to re-up, it's the discussion and comments that are missing).  Page 2 of Entertain Me is behaving strangely, with blank spots and an incomplete list of what threads should be counted on that page.  Page 2 and 3 of general discussion, page 2 of the OOC, page 2 and 3 of the Spaceport, and page 2 of Character Planning is doing it as well.

Daemonschile, didn't you have a pinned rule thread in registration discussion?  If you did, that's missing too.  OH!  The pinned rule threads in Planning are missing too!  :o

If we find anything truly out of place (disregarding all lack of attention on the part of sleep-zombies), then the little blue arrow that mods and, I assume, admins can see to the far right of a post allows you to move things around.  You just have to do it one at a time that way.
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student
Soida Hopea/Fox (blue)/31/Music Professor
Tejaswi Calumb/Equine/20/2nd year Whitesmith and Art minor
Fejin Majinai/Taboa/19/2nd year Music major, Martial Artist
Sriek Denae/Wolf/28/Professor of Voice Performance, part time Speech Therapist

Forum progenitor of just about everything dark/mature.
devArt

St Anger

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 05:14:11 PM »

The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.
'An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded'

David Kelly O'Neill, 26, Human, Refugee
Altius Caelis Aeschyr, 27, Wolf, Teaching Assistant/Demonstrator

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 05:23:25 PM »

Hmm... also noticed in changing the links in my signature that Shyssa is listed twice... and Prenna not at all.  
Seems like a section of it was replaced by a doubling.

Would it be easier if we copied and pasted the missing parts?

[Edit] Also... Forum 80 seems to be empty... if we wanted to carry that over.

[Edit 2] By the way... want to give a shout-out when the wiki is moved?  It's needed updating for a while... but didn't want to tinker with it when you mentioned changing servers so things wouldn't get lost.  ;)

[Edit 3] Looks like for the avatar thing... if we go to the admin function under avatar settings it's trying to save them in the org forum files... do you have a place to store them for here? (Don't want to just change org to net... and have a non-existant location)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 05:42:11 PM by daemonschile »
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 07:44:22 PM »

The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

One way around that is to link to an online avatar or picture, or whatever. However for an avatar, the image must be square, or it will be distorted. Fortunately, I had an online avatar that I had put up just for that purpose on image shack. ;D

However, I will be most pleased when I can upload my own again. I like my pouty goth fox pic. :P

On a slightly related note, those of us with links to things in our signatures will need to replace any links into the old forum with ones into the new one. I am currently procrastinating on that. :(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:53:23 PM by KJ Fellie »
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix

Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »

Ok, I think I CAN fix that.

Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 06:39:33 AM »

BTW, the old forum IS still up for retrieving stuff that is important that didn't get uploaded.  The only reason some stuff didn't make it is that the database is a 29meg file and I had to break it up into 1.5 meg files by hand... not really sure why some files made it and others didn't.

Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 09:04:30 AM »

Hmm... might just download each of the threads for 2005 and 2006 and set up a separate archive that's not dependent on SMF.  The database was just a LITTLE bloated and I really do not want to EVER HAVE TO MOVE IT AGAIN.  The bigger it is, the more likely a mistake is made and I have no idea where all the bits and pieces are. :P  I tried to find the 2006 posts, but can't. 0.o  (Then I can DELETE the 2005/2006 areas completely.)

carlhh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »

You might want to update the link in the cyantian.net Community tab.  It's how I get to the forum and it still goes to the old forum.

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 04:22:16 PM »

I notice that the clock seems to be off... by about 17 minutes... O.o' That just strikes me as kind of weird. It's not an incredibly important thing, but I thought I would point it out in case no one else noticed.

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »

Ok... updated the links in the majors and species breakdown... which means everyone's profile should be somewhere. (KJ... it didn't like yours   :D)

If yours was copied over and you'd prefer it in your own name, copy it again and I'll remove my copy of it.  Also people might want to glance at their profile at some point... question marks were substituted for other punctuation in some profiles.
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies