Author Topic: Re: Questions about EGS products?, Questions about EG products in general.  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Doink

• Mars RPG Alumnus
  • Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea.
    • View Profile
Missing transfered starter posts from most recent forum move:
Post by: Josh the Aspie on August 15, 2006, 11:43:35 PM

Posted by: Josh the Aspie Dec 7 2003, 03:35 PM
When the EGS products where seized by the fox military, and then many of them where sold off, what kinds of contracts of sale where issued?

What kinds of EG products would have been kept by the military, or sold by them? Would any Siracs have been seized by the military? What kinds of 'creatures of war' did EG create?

I've heard that all the Siracs before Collin and Quinn where considered 'failed'. What sorts of 'defects' or 'shortcommings' caused these siracs to be considered failed projects?

Are there any skunks who's smell isn't quite as plesant as it was intended to be? Or are all of the skunks plesant smelling?

If a fox with an EG product under their ownership were to leave fox space, and visit a mounty, or wolf city, what would happen? Would the wolves or mounties atempt to liberate this EG product? What if the EG product didn't want to be liberated?

Would some wolves or mounties possibly own EG products?

What would Darius and the other people in charge do if a currently owned EGs product was brought to the Academy? Would a fox that owned an EGs product and brought the product with him or her be allowed to take classes at the academy? Would they be able to enlist the EGs product in classes as well? Would they have to to have the EGS product in the class with them?

Posted by: raptor Dec 7 2003, 05:23 PM

When the EGS products where seized by the fox military, and then many of them where sold off, what kinds of contracts of sale where issued?

Im blank there.

What kinds of EG products would have been kept by the military, or sold by them? Would any Siracs have been seized by the military? What kinds of 'creatures of war' did EG create?

Siracs were defenitly helt by the military, since the only knowledge of siracs is the excistance of Quinn, Collin and Ryalto, though Ryalto is fanbased character. So we can assume that the rest of the siracs are still helt by the militia. There isnt much said about other 'creatures of war' mencioned in the strips, but we can name the roos, which were clearly made for the sole purpose to be war machines.

I've heard that all the Siracs before Collin and Quinn where considered 'failed'. What sorts of 'defects' or 'shortcommings' caused these siracs to be considered failed projects?

That I havent heard of, perhaps I have missed something in the past....

Are there any skunks who's smell isn't quite as plesant as it was intended to be? Or are all of the skunks plesant smelling?

Only the C-group is pleaently smelling. Chatin, Cilke, Cisco, Carrde, Camie, some other guy, and the last one is Chrome, fanbased character like Ryalto

If a fox with an EG product under their ownership were to leave fox space, and visit a mounty, or wolf city, what would happen? Would the wolves or mounties atempt to liberate this EG product? What if the EG product didn't want to be liberated?

Most likely, not. Trying to get the EG product will lead to political inflict, which the foxes are desperatly not trying to make, because of their lack of numbers, but the wolfs and the other species will most likely dislike the fox greatly.

Would some wolves or mounties possibly own EG products?

Yes, not all wolves think that not having slaves is moraly correct, they would perhaps like the idea, and have an EG product. But the common looking at things, they would have to keep it a secret or being elsewhere than on Cyantia overall. Wolves law says that they shouldnt keep slaves.

What would Darius and the other people in charge do if a currently owned EGs product was brought to the Academy? Would a fox that owned an EGs product and brought the product with him or her be allowed to take classes at the academy? Would they be able to enlist the EGs product in classes as well? Would they have to to have the EGS product in the class with them?

Mars Academy is based on rules of the wolves, so I would say that owning EG product would most likely lead to dislike towards the owner. There isnt much that they can do though, but Darius has the power to deside if someone would attend MA or not, like any other headmaster can. The reason why they cant do much about the matter that some fox comes with EG product that he owns, is that though it is illegal for the wolves to have slaves, it isnt illegal for foxes to have slaves.

Posted by: Josh the Aspie Dec 7 2003, 05:30 PM
So a wolf could not own an EG product, and be in wolf teritory then?

Then again, what if the contrract termed it an indentured servitude? I know that the difference there is slight... but still...

Posted by: raptor Dec 7 2003, 05:33 PM
Well, yeah, he could be in the northern states, or in the fox lands (wolves territory is biiig) and owning an EG. And he could live secretly in wolves lands owning a EG.
Enron didnt do anything wrong till they got caught

But the latter part, I have no idea what is mencioning there, perhaps my lack of english volcubary...

Posted by: Josh the Aspie Dec 7 2003, 05:44 PM
An indentured servitude is where you owe a debt, and because of that debt, you are legaly obligated to do work to repay the debt. A teen who has been sentanced to work at a resturant to pay back the cost of a window they broke would be an example of an indentured servant. A person who owes a debt, but cannot pay it through money, but can through services rendered is one of the most common examples of an indentured servant. A child who must do work to pay the debt of a parent is another. These contracts of indentured servitude can also be sold to other people in some cases, just like any other contract of debt (like a bank selling their rights to the collateral put up for a loan to a collection agency when someone is delinquent in their payments on the loan).

EG just takes it one step further, by selling contracts of indentured servitude to people to gain money, rather than to repay debts. Acording to my understanding, this isn't true slavery or ownership, as the contracts have
termination dates. The main resemblance to slavery is that the indentured servants have to work for the owner of the debt, and don't have a choice about it.

It was actualy -very- common in the early history of the American colonies.

Posted by: DrBob Dec 7 2003, 06:08 PM
Mice would probably own them if they wanted to. They live all over the place.

Posted by: raptor Dec 7 2003, 06:22 PM
Well, that I wouldnt know of, JtA

Posted by: Flinthoof Dec 8 2003, 11:18 AM
I would think that any fox visiting the Academy with a EG product in tow would be safe. Neither Fox or Wolf want to start an incident that could then lead to a greater conflict. True, the Fox are smaller in number, but their technology and lack of hesitation to use it is somewhat of an equalizer.

I would expect a visitor might have the Wolves acknowledge the EG product, but not necessarily treat them as such. More likely they will treat the EG product as an individual, offering counseling or any other assistance within official channels. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fox owner met with some unpleasantness or some other incidents totally unrelated to the Wolf government though. You might even find that there is a fund available for the Wolves to 'buy' EG products from their owners upon arrival if they warrant the need is great enough to liberate said product.

It's all about playing within the rules. Those rules might be bent an awfully long way though.

Posted by: Josh the Aspie Dec 8 2003, 09:05 PM
Mmmm. *nods*

I'm still waiting on offical word on whether or not wolves might/could own indentured servitude contracts on an EG created person.

Posted by: Chrome Dec 9 2003, 04:30 AM
Wolf law may have some provision for indenture, but it has been made pretty clear that they view what EG does as slavery, and that is illegal throughout the wolf territories.

If a fox owner came to the Academy with such a servant, their legal status would instantly be changed. If they didn't want to leave their master, of course, they wouldn't have to - you can't force someone into freedom...

The only way a wolf can own one is to be residing in another territory - and he might find himself shunned if he came back.

Posted by: Josh the Aspie Dec 9 2003, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the info guys, this really helps.

In case you haven't guessed, I'm designing a character (or two) for after the time jump, and I'm trying to explore some facts, and options. The info will also probably be helpful for playing in Forum 80 (yaknow, for some reason, I feel like I'm saying Area 51 instead).

Posted by: Flinthoof Dec 9 2003, 12:21 PM
If I were participating in such a group, I'd be tempted to play a slave owner just for the conflict possibilities.

Do wolves make any attempts to liberate those held in bondage by visitors when they arrive in wolfen territories?

Posted by: DrBob Dec 9 2003, 06:12 PM
I think a Fox in possesion of one in Wolf territory wouldn't have to worry about trouble with actual government related entities as much as he or she would have to worry about trouble with individuals.

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 17 2003, 07:07 PM
I wonder what would happen if they came upon a person who liked his or her life of servitued, would they force her into freedom? Or would they let her continue her life as is?

Posted by: Lenisa Dec 18 2003, 02:38 AM
"The Wolf government wouldn't do anything, Chicky, but well meaning individuals among the Wolves might try to convince him or her to seek asylum among the Wolves. Really, if the servant has a good owner and the work he or she does isn't unpleasant, why trade that for living with the fear that bounty hunters will try to capture you?"

"For that matter, the servant has job security which might not be true in Wolf territories unless they were adopted by an influential Wolf family. Vin is proof that there are poor people in Wolf territories while on the other hand, most people that own an EG product are millionaires. It takes a fair amount of luck to earn the wine and caviar lifestyle in Wolf territory, so leaving a Fox owner that is fairly nice would be a significant risk."

Posted by: Flinthoof Dec 18 2003, 10:54 AM
Bands of wolves trying to convince... nay, convert poor indentured servants from slavery to the freedom of life. If they don't want to be freed, could they then turn around and accuse the wolves of interfering in their own lives? Interference seems to be something the wolves are very apprehensive to do.

Do they wish to liberate those captives for their own sake or for the wolves' own sense of right? Who are they doing it for? Charity is one thing, doing something to make amends for some old wrong could be another.

EEEEEEEnteresting.

Posted by: DrBob Dec 18 2003, 03:32 PM
(Lenisa @ Dec 18 2003, 01:38 AM)
"The Wolf government wouldn't do anything, Chicky, but well meaning individuals among the Wolves might try to convince him or her to seek asylum among the Wolves."

'Xactly

(And Flinthoof said)
EEEEEEEnteresting.

Yes, intriguing.

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 18 2003, 05:52 PM
Well, now that youve answered that one, heres another thats similar but different!
What if an EG product or person was a 'PET' and liked being so? Its gotta be a confusing life, but they would get fed and pampered so it would be easy living (unless they were mistreated). Plus they wouldnt have to work probably for anything, twould make someone lazy if you ask me...... I think that active ones would try to escape, but the lazy ones would most likely stay where they where.....but thats just my lil' ol' opinion ^_~ The mistreated ones wouldnt count unless they couldnt adapt to anyother life, then what would become of them? Is their some kind of care center that seemingly 'souless' people are sent?

Posted by: DrBob Dec 20 2003, 02:18 PM
They can be pets. Misty and Shadoo (am I making these names up?) were going to be pets.

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 20 2003, 08:49 PM
(DrBob @ Dec 20 2003, 01:18 PM)
They can be pets. Misty and Shadoo (am I making these names up?) were going to be pets.

I remeber them, but they were rescued... So I guess there really is no true answer to my question then huh?

Posted by: LilFluff Jan 2 2004, 03:43 AM
(Flinthoof @ Dec 9 2003, 10:21 AM)
If I were participating in such a group, I'd be tempted to play a slave owner just for the conflict possibilities. Do wolves make any attempts to liberate those held in bondage by visitors when they arrive in wolfen territories?

Sounds a bit like my thoughts when developing Pithani's background.

I kept reading other characters backgrounds and there seemed to be a common theme that ran, "In the past the character suffered some unfair life even (indentured servitude, suddenly becoming an orphan, having to hide from the community because they were different), but through luck and effort they're now at Mars Academy where they'll have a second chance at life." I'm not intending this as an attack on anyone, just that this seemed a common pattern.

So I decided to put a twist on it by asking, "Okay, so bad things have happened to the character. What if it was his own darn fault? Let's see, maybe he gets caught up with a bad crowd and ignores the voice in his head that is saying, 'Hey this is really stupid, wait this is more than stupid it's wrong, yoohoo this is your conscience speaking, STOP IT!'" At which point I write out the background of Mars Academy's resident convicted criminal.

Heh, you know, writing could term out to be really dangerous if the old line about what happens to writers in hell is correct. That being that writers are locked into a room with the characters they created, who have been told who the writer is.

Posted by: Ryalto Jan 2 2004, 04:26 PM
Lil, if that happened to me then I suspect something similar to those one stories I wrote that started with an R would happen.

>.< I can't remember the name of that story! And I wrote it! Me big baka head....

Posted by: Josh the Aspie Jan 3 2004, 01:52 AM
Mmm. Well, the reason I posted this question in the first place is that after the time jump in MARPG I am going to be introducing a master/slave pair.

I'm going to go post the first working summary in the character planning thread to see if I can get some input on them.

Posted by: Timberwolf Amaroque Jan 23 2005, 12:03 AM
Well, My idea is a bit more of reverse effect on the "Sink or Swim" theory. As we all know it was somewhat based on furries landing on earth, meeting a couple humans, bringing them back, and the humans adjusting to cyantian life. But what about the reverse idea? What would happen if a couple cyantians went to Earth willingly for research study and rather try to introduce humans to cyantian life, why not cyantians to human life. Trying to live as they do and see how humans would react. almost like a review of us furs IRL coping with society and the way we live out lives. I think it could turn out to be a very interesting plotline, but thats just my thoughts.

Posted by: Camby Jan 24 2005, 12:36 PM
That sounds a little like my character's background, though he was the only Cyanthian and his extended stay was unintentional.

Doink's actual response:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:48:36 pm by Renessa »
Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Offline raptor

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
    • http://elizarverant.livejournal.com/
Re: Questions about EGS products?, Questions about EG products in general.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:27:38 pm »
Can breed with mounties. Their base DNA is mounty.

Offline Camby

• Mars RPG Alumnus
  • Terran History & Geography Instructor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 11:36:33 am »
Siracs and Cyantian Skunks can with other plantigrade Cyantians (Mice, Rabbit, Ram), and presumably humans - although Syke's stated that although there might have been a few Cyantian-human crossings, there have been no confirmed cases (kind of like bobcats & housecats in the real world).

Offline raptor

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
    • http://elizarverant.livejournal.com/
EG addmitance age to MA
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 08:17:58 am »
Should the rule "You need a damn good explanation if younger than 16" apply to EG true age?

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 01:19:44 pm »
I suppose in part it depends on how much younger their true age is.  Though not stated, the strips seem to suggest that they might be bred for high intelligence, and receive a heavy duty learning program while with EG... though they might lack social skills even if they're academically ready.  Then there's whether they have the same stats/background as the standard EG (such as, those sold early or escaped wouldn't have all the training... or if they're 'defective' they might not have the intelligence).
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies