Author Topic: [Cesilee's Diary] The Rotating Roomie  (Read 12572 times)

Offline Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
[Cesilee's Diary] The Rotating Roomie
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:44:24 am »
As many of you know, I am going to be sending off completely finished stories for Cesilee's Diary to Furrlough.  I'm going to redo the comic from the beginning and with that redoing, I'm rescripting, adding characters and redesigning.  With that, comes a slot which is just going to be the 'rotating roomie' slot.  This slot will be filled by a student who is in transition to another room for some reason or is temporarily staying there while things are done to his or her room... or maybe they were supposed to be assigned to the room and for some reason have to move to another one after awhile.  They will never be permanent members.

The permanent roomies are: Phoenix and Merrick (Her little brother).  They have seperate quarters with their own bathroom that goes off from the kitchen area.  They share the kitchen and living/dining area with the rest of the roomies.  Ness and Autumn Cisaan will be sharing a room.  YOUR roommate will be Cesilee who will most likely creep out any roomy with her obsession with humans alone.

Right now, this is only open for ONE slot.  In the future, I will alternate and post every other opportunity up as an auction.

How do you participate?  This is a contest.  Send all submissions to request atat shivae.com.

1.  Who is your character? - Basically, just send me your application for your character here in the RPG if you have one or use it as a template if you don't.  Be sure to list your friends, because they may get cameos if they are okay with their characters being used.
2.  Why should your character be a roommate?  Give a good reasoning as to how they end up in that room.
3.  Note that you are giving me permission to use your character in a story and this is not a transferance of ownership.

The only payment I can give is a copy of the comic it appears in.  Furrlough isn't a paying publication, but it'll be good for spreading Cyantia.

Deadline is Feb 1st
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:26:47 pm by Tiffany Ross »

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [Cesilee's Diary] The Rotating Roomie
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 04:12:58 pm »
*snicker*

Hey, Red Falcon...  submit Cedric.  I'm sure Cesilee would LOVE to have a human male as her roommate.  ;D
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies

Offline Red Falcon

• Mars RPG Alumnus
  • Eternal Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 06:48:55 pm »
:o - "That sounds dangerous!"

:'( - "But alas, poor Cedric be but a guy, as you have so clearly pointed out! I can see not how he could venture forth into that place. (It's a female dormitory, right?)"

::) - "Alright, that's a lie: I can think of plenty of ways it could happen (computer glitch brands him female in the MA-records!), but it still sounds like it wouldn't end well."

Besides, Cedric's current profile is way out of date and isn't all that useful anymore. Even the updated one I'm working on would still make him look prone to being grumpy 24/7, so I really don't think I want to submit either. More to the point, Cedric is a human. Wouldn't it be better to stick a Cyantian in there?

;D - "Like Prenna! Yeah, then we can have twin Mounty chaos to think about."
Cedric Supel: Cynical Terran human, age 17 - Student programmer.

Offline Frost

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Ceiling Cat - Posting Iz Gud
  • Absolute Zero
    • View Profile
    • Mah Buh'ket
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 09:38:17 pm »
I have to agree with Demo, submit Cedric. I can see Marcus and Cedric hiding in a closet. "Is she gone?" "Shut up! She'll hear you!" Then the door opens and they both scream like little girls. Priceless. 8)
"Apparently, having common sense and using common sense is an evolutionary leap"

MARPG Aproved:
Tyberisu Frost Luthera, 22, Wolf, Mechanic Leadsman
Mimi Nesolagas 17, Rabbit, student/apprentice/assistant
Odin O'Malley Malius, Feline Cross, 2nd yr Chem. Student/ Janitor
Sgt. Major Abraham Obsidian 25, Black Saber Tooth/Tiger Cross, Security Drill Sargent/Officer
Tokala Toki Velox 29, Gold Fox, Shrink

NPC:
Zeeka Crassadon,
Vaughn & Virgil Orion (Twin Wolves)

The best Villain never lets on he's the bad guy.

Offline KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
    • Ivy Trellis's SL store!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 06:16:06 am »
It did subtly imply that the roomie could be either male or female, when she said "his or her room."

I wonder how many submissions there are.
I thought of submitting Juna, but figured that would be a bit of a stretch, unless they happened to be fumigating her shop for fleas after a repeated prank. But still, I think that would be a bit of a stretch. Could be amusing, though.

What do you think, should I submit the quirky mouse for the role?
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Xi Li Kai, 17, Rifier, linguistics student. APPROVED room 04-N440
Carrie Foxx, 16?, caracal mounty, AMIB agent (captured) APPROVED
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix
Fur Affinity ~ Weasyl ~ Deviant Art
Also: ShivaeWiki!

Offline Mike

• Mars RPG Alumnus
  • The Academy's "Mad Scientist in Training"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 02:26:02 pm »
Heh heh.

I can see a lot of hilarity if Mike ended up in that position, "Is she *that* bad? - Eeep!"  :o

Who knows, if Cesilee could contain herself, he might end up asking her to hide him from Pavta.  ;)

I can think of reasons why he'd end up with a need for new quarters, such as his current quarters being the "Zephyr" being unavailable to live in due to a lengthy inspection by a Security team concerning it's mystery orgins and his assigned room unavailable as something happened there while he was away. And there'd be opportunity for quite a few cameos as Mike's met quite a few people over time.

But a girl roommate sounds a bit unlikely (there were mixed pairings early on in the RP, but the only ones Tiffany has done that I'm aware of were family). The only reason I can think of that they might be a match, they're both good engineers. Someone who could do calculations while half asleep would normally be a dream partner to Mike.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:33:17 pm by Mike »
short human male, 19, Student (Engineering)

Offline Red Falcon

• Mars RPG Alumnus
  • Eternal Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 02:31:05 pm »
I have to agree with Demo, submit Cedric. I can see Marcus and Cedric hiding in a closet. "Is she gone?" "Shut up! She'll hear you!" Then the door opens and they both scream like little girls. Priceless. 8)

:-\ - ". . ."

:-[ - "You guys are just pulling me leg here, right? Do you really want me to submit him?"

It did subtly imply that the roomie could be either male or female, when she said "his or her room."

:) - "I missed that part completely. Thank you, KJ Fellie."

I wonder how many submissions there are.

Chances are, there's at least one per member of the MA-RPG, and possibly even more if people have multiple characters available to submit. However, even if they don't have a character, Syke did say that you could send templates. This makes it so anyone can send one. It also allows for those who are already in the MA-RPG to send even MORE than the number of characters they already have. The odds are rather daunting if you think about it.
          My advice: ignore the odds and pretend you're the only one going for it! Unless, that is, such an attitude has the adverse effect of making your performance sloppy. If it has that sort of effect for you . . . then assume the opposite; expect that everyone's going for it and give it your all! Always good to have some friendly competition to keep you sharp, eh?

I thought of submitting Juna, but figured that would be a bit of a stretch, unless they happened to be fumigating her shop for fleas after a repeated prank. But still, I think that would be a bit of a stretch. Could be amusing, though.

She has a very charming personality, and from a visual standpoint, I'm sure her preferred attire would be quite pleasing as well. If you really can't think of a reason for her shop to be out of commission for a time (or at least for the living quarters to be), then allow me to remind that there are more than simple pranks that could occur. The Mars Academy is for the best and brightest, and thanks to areas of expertise such as lift operation and technomagery, there's plenty of chances for an experiment/exercise/sheer idiocy to go horribly, HORRIBLY wrong.
          Nothing like coming home to find there's gaping hole in the store . . . forged of oddly colored goo, courtesy of a legion of lab coat wearing students that swear innocence. Chemistry gone awry: such fun.
          On a saner note, perhaps you could suggest that the living quarters simply having been built at that point, so she needs a place to crash for the time being.

What do you think, should I submit the quirky mouse for the role?

I don't see why not; just remember, though, that there are still four (five if you count the deadline) days left for character's to be submitted, so there's no need to feel rushed in slapping together reasons and the like. Take your time, construct something that strikes your fancy, and then go for it!

Addition

I can see a lot of hilarity if Mike ended up in that position, "Is she *that* bad? - Eeep!"  :o

Who knows, if Cesilee could contain herself, he might end up asking her to hide him from Pavta.  ;)

;D - "From what I've read from some older threads, it looks like Mike would be used to getting glomped, too!"

:) - "Could be a nice match up, really."

But a girls dorm sounds a bit of a stretch. The only reason I can think of that they might be a match, they're both good engineers. Someone who could do calculations while half asleep would normally be a dream partner to Mike.

;) - "Stick him on the couch; he'll be fine . . . until night falls and Cesilee creeps forth from the darkness!"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:38:46 pm by Red Falcon »
Cedric Supel: Cynical Terran human, age 17 - Student programmer.

Offline KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 01:23:57 am »
Very well, I think I will submit the quirky mouse for consideration.

Also, I think it would be interesting to know how many people submitted once the deadline arrives. For all we know, there could just be a few. On the other hand, there could be tons of entries. That would make it hard for her to make a decision, I'm sure. I look forward to seeing the result.

EDIT: It is now definitely Feb 2, and I'm going nuts because It will be hours before anyone gets up and I want to know who won!
I suppose, though, that there are some places in the world that it is still Feb 1, but that will be a moot point soon enough...
I also want to know all of the secrets of the universe, but so far have only uncovered the meaning of life (and since forgotten it). According to the Vague Theory, though, it falls under the category of "stuff." I can tell you the purpose of life though. That's easy: To continue producing more life and thus ensure the continued existence of life, this is the purpose of life.
EDIT (again): Okay, so I was wrong, It is the 2nd all over the world, though it's already the 3rd in some places.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 05:02:59 am by KJ Fellie »
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 03:00:07 pm »
*Shrug*

Well, I did submit Prenna, so there was at least one other... though there could have also been a number of non-forumites who submitted too.  We'll just have to wait and see.  ;)
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies

Offline hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 08:51:48 pm »
I''m willing to bet that a decent number of people submitted ALL of their characters.  And the Non forumites are another possibility.  Who knows how many people lurk on the forums but never really join or post?

As for me?  I didn't submit an entry.  Any character I could've put together would have likely  been rushed and half-arsed.  Quirky, yes, but still too rushed for my tastes.
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

Offline Frost

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Ceiling Cat - Posting Iz Gud
  • Absolute Zero
    • View Profile
    • Mah Buh'ket
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 08:53:33 am »
Well good luck Demo. I would like to see Prenn in a strip, I'm still guessing on her coloration. :P

Lets see, I've got a psychotic bunny. And an oafish, barbaric, odd ball wolf. Glad I didn't submit. ;D
"Apparently, having common sense and using common sense is an evolutionary leap"

MARPG Aproved:
Tyberisu Frost Luthera, 22, Wolf, Mechanic Leadsman
Mimi Nesolagas 17, Rabbit, student/apprentice/assistant
Odin O'Malley Malius, Feline Cross, 2nd yr Chem. Student/ Janitor
Sgt. Major Abraham Obsidian 25, Black Saber Tooth/Tiger Cross, Security Drill Sargent/Officer
Tokala Toki Velox 29, Gold Fox, Shrink

NPC:
Zeeka Crassadon,
Vaughn & Virgil Orion (Twin Wolves)

The best Villain never lets on he's the bad guy.

Offline Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 02:28:23 pm »
Who knows how many people lurk on the forums but never really join or post?

That does explain the elevated Thread Views : Thread Replies ratio.
All puns are intentional unless otherwise specified.

Offline hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 12:50:55 am »

That's probably part of it.  The other part is probably the new players and forumites who haven't noticed the "Show unread posts since last visit." link.
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

Offline Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 03:06:00 am »

That's probably part of it.  The other part is probably the new players and forumites who haven't noticed the "Show unread posts since last visit." link.

Or the bleeding obvious [NEW!] tag placed after the title of threads with unread replies...
All puns are intentional unless otherwise specified.

Offline KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 05:45:01 am »

Or the bleeding obvious [NEW!] tag placed after the title of threads with unread replies...

That's what I go by. Quote chain! Woo!
Okay, time to ingest more sugar...