Author Topic: [Public][S2 W6 D6, 20:45]After Hour Actor[Drama Room]  (Read 8136 times)

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
Re: [Public][S2 W6 D6, 20:45]After Hour Actor[Drama Room]
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 09:31:55 pm »
Soida came back out without her box.  Despite being backlit, they could see her short hair was somewhat tousled and uncombed and the short dress she wore didn't seem to be one that would normal be worn out in public, and there was also the matter that she was obviously barefoot.  The keys went jangling back into Jilaic-like pocket on the front of her dress and she turned to flip out the lights and close the door behind her.  As she whirled around again and the locked clicked loudly shut, the candlelight finally caught her eyes through the gap and she paused.  Her dark furred hand reached in her pouch a little suspiciously and her light furred hand reach up lightly rest her fingers on her chin in a little bit of fright; her ears perked fully for any sound.
"Hello?"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 03:04:25 pm by Renessa »
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student
Soida Hopea/Fox (blue)/31/Music Professor
Tejaswi Calumb/Equine/20/2nd year Whitesmith and Art minor
Fejin Majinai/Taboa/19/2nd year Music major, Martial Artist
Sriek Denae/Wolf/28/Professor of Voice Performance, part time Speech Therapist

Forum progenitor of just about everything dark/mature.
devArt

Offline Vashiel

• Wuffus Beast Dramatus
  • Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
    • Understanding the Vanderian Psyche
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 12:18:08 am »
(OOC: Renessa... I don't want to sound rude, or condescending, but I think your ears do the hearing, not your eyes. X3')

"Hello, Professor," Vashiel replied quietly. He realized that he was rather invisible still in his dusky clothing. "I realize that students normally shouldn't be allowed here after hours, but... well, I have permission."
Bad way to start a conversation, but he didn't exactly know what else to say.
MARPG Characters:
Cyrridel Cordanis; Lift Pilot student, 2nd year, Black Panther. - A & A
Vashiel Valeryal; Performing Arts student, 4th year, Wuffus Beastus - A & A
Fritzgerald "Fritz" O'Dregaun; Owner of Fritz's Rec and Health Center, wuffus beastus. - A & A
Markus Vugdragovich; Restaurant Manager, Mouse - A & A

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 03:07:26 pm »
((I don't know what you're talking about, my eyes hear perfectly fine. ;P))

"Ah." Her hand came out of her pouch and her ears waggled into a more relaxed position.  She stepped into the room and hovered her hand near the light switch. "Do you mind? ... Or are you in some sort of compromising position?"
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student

devArt

Offline Red Falcon

• Mars RPG Alumnus
  • Eternal Egg
    • View Profile
Go for it!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 02:21:12 am »
          The time for ?checking it out? had come and gone; reduced to an impossibility as it had come out of the place to check, and then swept inside to the place from which to start the checking! The result, though, could still be thought satisfactory. The fellow night wanderer had been revealed, or rather, had revealed herself and any mystery that might have been in the making was nipped in the bud.
          However, an opportunity for bewilderment was still present, as Cedric could plainly see. The question of ?compromising positions? struck him worthy of a joke or two, even if not for the reasons some might think, but alas! The best he could muster in the presence of instructing authority was, ?Well, we were kinda hoping to finish burying the body before anyone started bringing things to light.. You know, maybe slap on some fresh floor polish, nail back down the floor boards, and all of that nifty stuff.?
          ?Bu~u~ut, if you feel that you?ve REALLY got to,? he exaggerated a sigh, paused for a sense of drama, and then brought his musing crashing down with a thumbs up. ?Yeah, sure, why not? That's what they're there for, right? Go nuts!?
Cedric Supel: Cynical Terran human, age 17 - Student programmer.

Offline Vashiel

• Wuffus Beast Dramatus
  • Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 07:52:59 am »
Vashiel barked a laugh at that. Goodness, was Cedric a character.
"Cedric! Nobody was to know about that!" He had to pause to regain his composure. "Of course you may, Professor. We're not hiding anything... at the moment, anyways. A few nights from now... you never know."
MARPG Characters:
Fritzgerald "Fritz" O'Dregaun; Owner of Fritz's Rec and Health Center, wuffus beastus. - A & A

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 10:08:54 pm »
The plunk of the switch came and in the light, with an ear cupped in each of their directions, her disheveled and almost haggard look became more obvious.  Her dress looked more like a knit shirt that was entirely too big for her, and her frazzled bangs were only held to her head of short hair by a couple of blue clips.  A thin pair of drug-store reading glasses were also perched on the end of her muzzle.  Her eyes immediately settled on Vashiel and swept over his odd attire for a moment before settling back on his face.  Her finger still hovered at the light switch. "You said you had permission, but what exactly are you doing?"

devArt

Offline Red Falcon

• Mars RPG Alumnus
  • Eternal Egg
    • View Profile
The Truth . . . Sorta
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 10:23:57 am »
          The lights were now on, and thus the room in its entirety illuminated. Cedric switched over to exploration mode and began roaming over to the places he could not see before, surveying every nick and cranny of the area without any lasting interest or apparent reason. Aimless wandering was the name of the game, and he played it well!
          ?When I came across the Boy-o, he was practicing this musical thing,? the human informed her, accurately at first . . . and then less so. ?You know, the one about that phantom dude? The one where he gets like, imploded in the end? ?Cause it?s that one.?

Offline Vashiel

• Wuffus Beast Dramatus
  • Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 03:51:51 pm »
Vashiel's hand rose to cover his eyes with a sigh. A character Cedric may be, but an expert on opera he was not.
"I'm rehearsing a part for the Phantom of the Opera, which is running sometime soon here... I'm in the running to play the Phantom himself. Cedric stumbled upon me whilst I was practicing getting into character." He paused to give Cedric a sly smile. "Gave him a good scare, too."
MARPG Characters:

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 04:56:03 pm »
"Ahhhh," she sighed, her hand dropping back to her side, the stern look dropping away from her face, although she still looked tired. "I just came from the beginning negotiations on which of us would be conductor for the orchestra, and who would be tutoring any drama students with less than desirable voices."  She scratched behind her ears and covered a wide yawn with her other hand before she continued. "I'd be honored to do it myself, but I've taken up so many tutoring hours on top of grading and teaching that I might kill myself in the process." Her dark, sleepy eyes settled on him again and she smiled a little. "If you like, you can practice in my room tomorrow night.  Many upperclassmen get the use of our practice rooms in the Music wing at night, so you wouldn't sound as out of place and get... interrupted." She glanced at Cedric with a little bit of disdain before looking at Vashiel again.

devArt

Offline Red Falcon

• Mars RPG Alumnus
  • Eternal Egg
    • View Profile
Victory is Assured!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 12:08:39 am »
          Thankfully, Cedric saw naught but a crack running across the ceiling when the evil eye was squinted his way, for any who knew him well could predict what he might do in response. There would?ve been foulness, to be sure! Be it through verbal jabs galore, or dark looks of his own design. Yes, there were so many irksome things that could have happened, but what turned to regard them instead was that of a happy-go-lucky smile.
          ?You?d let him practice at your place? I mean, even at this hour? Wow!? His awe was genuine, lacking so much as a trace of sarcasm to call his own. ?The more time I spend up here, there more impressed I am with you lot! Isn?t the first time I?ve seen this sort of generosity presented, and it?s . . . pretty amazing that it isn?t some sort of horrible trick like it would be back on Earth.?
          He addressed Vashiel directly as he chimed, ?And you managed to get an offer for aid off a tutor, no less! Nice, man. Your stuff sounded pretty good from what I heard of it, so I guess that means you?ll be a shoe in to get that part now, eh??

Offline Vashiel

• Wuffus Beast Dramatus
  • Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »
Vash was thankful for his fur just then, for surely he wouldn't like to be seen beet red in such a situation. He cleared his throat nervously, offering Cedric a sheepish smile.
"I... wouldn't quite put it that way, Cedric... I'm not that good. I don't think I'll get the part, but I'd still like to try anyways. Auditions are open, probably the only way I'd ever be considered." Actors are indeed their own worst critic. "However, Professor, thank you for the offer. I'd be most interested in using a room in that wing."
MARPG Characters:

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 11:39:59 am »
"If I could hear you sometime, I could probably tell you if you've got a shot or not.  I've been hearing the score practiced for the past week by some of my students, as well as a few hopeful drama students who have begged practice rooms out of other instructors." She leaned against the door jam and yawned again. "What was your name again?"

devArt

Offline Vashiel

• Wuffus Beast Dramatus
  • Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 03:40:47 pm »
"Vashiel, Professor." He did not provide his surname, unlike with Cedric. "And, if you really wouldn't mind staying up a little while, you might...?"
Vashiel left the question hanging, hoping Soida might put two and two together and come out with four. He was embarrassed enough, though a visage of confidence shrouded it, just implying it, let alone spell it out. Still, he could feel his heart start to quicken its pace at the prospect of a performance... and maybe one without interruption this time.
MARPG Characters:

Offline Red Falcon

• Mars RPG Alumnus
  • Eternal Egg
    • View Profile
Sidelines
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 02:53:50 am »
          Like a fish out of water, Cedric felt the need to thrash about for activity?s sake, and he found this very puzzling. At the time, there was no music to dance to, and with the presence of others, clearly there would be no opportunity to do so without drawing a number of odd looks! Those facts alone should have been enough to stifle any outlandish desires to bound about, and yet . . . he still felt that something was lacking.
          There was no need for a mountain of investigative thought; the answer came to him of its own accord while he stood to one side of the room, watching the two Cyantians discuss Vashiel?s immediate future in the wonderful world of drama. This wasn?t his field of expertise! Moreover, his viewpoint on music was merely that of the enjoyment angle. All he could view it as was that of a game, or perhaps the foreshadowing to one. They, on the other hand, viewed it as a serious matter worthy of intense concentration and deliberation.
          In other words, his mind was grafted to a single track of dialogue and there wasn't anything for him to do about it. The only thing he could offer up for conversation was that of jokes or witty banter, and the present situation called for neither. A professional in the art was present, and from what Cedric could see, her full attention was transfixed upon Vashiel. It would be a travesty to squander such an opportunity!
          ?Hmm, I should probably leave the two of them alone,? the human to did think to himself. ?He doesn?t seem to put much stock in his skills, but I bet he wants that part more than he lets on. He IS here, after all. Kinda a lot of extra work to be putting in for someone who doesn?t really think he?s gon-eh, but whatever. Hopefully this lady can see what?s wrong, if anything?s wrong, and help him hammer out the dents while bolstering his confidence.?
          ?Then again . . . he?s already gotta be pretty confident to be wearing something like that around, so maybe just the hammering part ?ll be good enough. Ye~eah, that?s probably all he needs. Yeah.?

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2008, 09:48:12 pm »
Soida sighed, but still smiled a little and gave a dry, strangled chuckle. "I doubt I can keep my eyes open long enough to get back to my apartment." Her eyes lifted from the floor again and settled a serious and deeply boring gaze on him. "But my ears are always open for something beautiful... Still," she sighed again, this time obviously out of fatigue and stood on her own two feet without the aid of the door jam. "I have early classes tomorrow.  I'll look you up on the academy register and send you a message on what room to meet me in for the keys, and I can listen then." Her hands settled in her pocket in relaxation and she turned to Cedric. "As for you... Cedric," her voice turned stern. "While there is no real curfew here at Mars, I doubt the security looks lightly upon people who go wandering about at night entering classrooms without permission, unlike certain responsible others." She gave a glance to Vashiel, turned, and walked out of the room, flipping the light switch off as she went.
"Good night, boys!" she called back over her shoulder.

devArt