Author Topic: Re: Modifications of character after registration  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Josh the Aspie

• Mars RPG Alumnus
    • View Profile
Re: Modifications of character after registration
« on: October 20, 2006, 07:14:01 pm »
Missing starter posts from the forum move:
Post by: Anchelyn on October 11, 2006, 10:22:04 AM

Is it possible for a character, Ral to modify his profile after registration, or must he be resubmitted through planning/spaceport? The change I'm stating is not a personailty or behavioral change, but rather an addition to Ral's history.

I've realised I had left out the details of the Xeon family itself (head of the family, siblings, etc.), and there migth be a need to add that into his profile. I know I've stated Ral to be uninclined to reveal his past, but it gets a little annoying to type (and read) the word "family" everytime he had to explain something that was related to the Xeons, or to a specific member of the Xeons.

-Anchelyn
Post by: raptor on October 11, 2006, 11:38:40 AM

A description of the family members can be good, though what they do for a living may have some restrictions. You cannot for exsample suddenly make one of them a leader of some science group that is making more 'friendly' implants than the fox have. I would be okay with names and description of connection of the family members, but anything more than that, I dont feel so comfortable with that if I dont know what's coming. You have already descriped them as wealthy, though not as wealthy as the Akaelae family. Tell us what you have in mind, and I will give you a honest answer of what I think, as if it was in the planning thread.
Post by: Anchelyn on October 12, 2006, 12:51:03 PM

Eahl Xeon - Head of the Xeons; Retiring former entrepreneur near the age of 65; Married with one child; First of the three brothers decended from the previous Xeon family generation.

Heran Xeon  - Co-head of the Xeons; Unmarried teacher in one of Centralis's less prestigious schools; Currently at the age of 62; Second of the three brothers decended.

Depen Xeon - Co-head of the Xeon family; Business partner to Eahl and Jenna; Widower with two children; At the age of 61; Youngest of the three brothers descended.

Jana (Coran) Xeon - Wife of Eahl; Business partner to Eahl and Depen;At the age of 58.

Lafen (Enre) Xeon [Deceased] - Former wife of Depen; Former teacher at the same school Heran currently works at; Would be 55 if she were still alive; Died when she was near 46 due to a fatal accident.

Amia Xeon - Only daughter of Eahl and Jana Xeon; Unmarried; At the age of 32.

Laren Xeon - Elder son of Depen and Lafen Xeon; Engaged; Near the age of 29.

Tomas Xeon - Younger son of Depen and Lafen Xeon; Unmarried; At the age of 25

(All ages are according to when Ral passed his 17th birthday.)

Extra Notes:

The Xeons only gained their current status in the current generation (i.e., Eahl's generation). Before that, they were just a common wolven family. Eahl, Jana, Depen and Herad own the Xeon estate, with Amia and Ral staying in it, while Laren and Tomas shifted out of the estate, preferring to live their own seperate, indepent lives.

Eahl is also considered a influential businessman, influential enough to be requested for the adoption of Ral.

-Anchelyn
Post by: raptor on October 12, 2006, 04:42:21 PM

That's good, doesn't do any drastic changes to the profile.
Post by: Anchelyn on October 12, 2006, 04:56:43 PM

So it'd be just basically be added into the profile, right?

-Anchelyn
Post by: raptor on October 12, 2006, 05:09:39 PM

If you can find a place to put it in the profile. But if you can't do it, or think it could look too out of place, you can post it in a new post in Ral's thread at the Character Information forum.

Josh's actual response:
You should see how many changes and updates I've done to Ishamel's and Allie's profiles. These are mainly due to me finding out more about the universe, and bringing the character into line with it.  Allie started with short hair, before I found out about wolf hair customs, for example.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:45:36 pm by Renessa »
Ishmael grey & white male rabbit, Technomage Student
Allimarita "Allie" Rolar - Grey female wolf Biome Integrity Expert & Teacher
Kol Prorer - Black and White Male Silvestri, 18, Mathematics Student
Hesta Prorer - Female Sirac, 25 (equiv), Medical Student, Personal Assistant