Author Topic: Saige's line of work  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Eboreg

• Dumbass
    • View Profile
Saige's line of work
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:57:19 pm »
You all remember Saige from the original Campus Safari? The were-puma that was hunting down the Cil to get them off the planet? A thought that has been bugging me for a while is that she may actually be working for the AMIB.

Now, I know this sounds crazy but consider for a second who we're talking about here, a killer who executes her tasks with cold-blooded efficiency and a certain degree of moral flexibility. She straight up assaults Twinky and Cilke just to prove their innocence but then when it becomes clear that they are, she just moves on, admits that mistakes happen, and leaves them be as if nothing happened. Now, this may just be me projecting here but that sounds like the kind of psychology that you would find in an AMIB field agent, as in not being afraid to crack a few eggs but stopping at killing innocent civilians. Hell, she even orders the alleged alien possessing Twinky's body to leave before engaging him suggesting that she doesn't want to kill any possessed humans if she doesn't have to.

Of course, this does leave the question of whether or not she knows about the Cyantians with them being one of the most important species that the AMIB has to research and possibly combat. However, there is the fact that she likely doesn't have to deal with Cyantians and was just told to test all of her targets BEFORE engaging them. This would make sure that she doesn't knock off some innocent skunk who just happened to be in the neighborhood as well as ensuring better compartmentalization, a good thing for keeping secrets when you're working at high governmental levels. Of course, the AMIB may have been grooming her for some espionage.
"Combat is the crack cocaine of all excitement highs-with crack cocaine costs."
-Karl Marlantes, Vietnam veteran

Offline hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
Re: Saige's line of work
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 10:12:06 pm »
*Shrugs.*

Or she's just the type to fight back with disproportionate retribution if someone tries to kill her.

It's also possible that she lost a friend or friends to the Cil, which would give her even more reason to attack the Cil.

Not everything has to be AMIB, and the AMIB isn't crawling under every rock.
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

Offline Eboreg

• Dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Saige's line of work
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 08:28:54 am »
I dunno ... forget I said it.

Just keep finding patterns where there aren't any.
"Combat is the crack cocaine of all excitement highs-with crack cocaine costs."
-Karl Marlantes, Vietnam veteran