Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Important: READ!  (Read 8891 times)

Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
Re: Important: READ!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 03:01:25 PM »

No, no, read it again, these are posts that happen SINCE I've visited not ones I left unread since last visit.  I know all about when the icons shows and when it doesn't, I noticed those rules long ago.  These are instances were it should show but does not.
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student
Soida Hopea/Fox (blue)/31/Music Professor
Tejaswi Calumb/Equine/20/2nd year Whitesmith and Art minor
Fejin Majinai/Taboa/19/2nd year Music major, Martial Artist
Sriek Denae/Wolf/28/Professor of Voice Performance, part time Speech Therapist

Forum progenitor of just about everything dark/mature.
devArt

hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 03:04:17 PM »

Hmm. It's not the new posts Icon I've had trouble with, it's just the notifications being weird. It might have something to do with the reading the forum while updates come in and posting in a thread of the same section that as the new post.

Renessa's issue is one I don't think I saw, mainly because I'm not looking at the same things.
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »

Well.  I can just upgrade this forum and have a secondary forum section for it on the primary one if problems arise?

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
    • Ivy Trellis's SL store!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 05:07:29 PM »

Sometimes notifications don't send.
Notifications are sent by the server forum is on, but claim to be sent by Tiff's private email address.
Some anti-spam systems may get suspicious about that.

Userpics will load one week and not thee next
I do have problem with KJ's pic not loading - but that's the only one hosted not "inside forum" but on Imageshack. Not forum's fault.

new post signals never show up.
For a long time the skin was missing the image for the new post signal - but this has been fixed a while ago, I see them every time...

It didn't used to be that way, but it's been starting to act up since I came back a few months ago and bringing it up in IRC KJ said he noticed things getting a little lame recently as well.  Lill may have said some stuff had gotten weird too, but I'm not sure.  If there are things that refuse to update because they have errors, then something is definitely wrong somewhere and it's not really going to get better with another update.
Have anyone tried running the consistency check in the maintenance tab of the admin panel?

And yes, I am defending the forum, in a way. Call it a bit of a professional pride.

I found that the notifications, as well as messages from google+ were getting caught in the spam filter by gmail (hurr hurr) as I had suspected might be the case. As for the pic, I see it load at some times and then a couple minutes later, it won't, then later, it will. It could be the forum, it could be image shack, but I will say that image shack is retarded as (profanity).
The image it's supposed to be is http://imageshack.us/a/img695/8281/snapshot2041s.png

I've also noticed that when I hit the "new" button to go to the new posts I haven't read, it kinda misses and puts me a post or two higher than it should...
As for profile pics, only today has hariman's pic shown up for me, and like I said, mine has been spectacularly indecisive on whether or not it wants to show.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:17:25 PM by KJ Fellie »
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Xi Li Kai, 17, Rifier, linguistics student. APPROVED room 04-N440
Carrie Foxx, 16?, caracal mounty, AMIB agent (captured) APPROVED
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix
Fur Affinity ~ Weasyl ~ Deviant Art
Also: ShivaeWiki!

Lillowen

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Bunnyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 05:16:45 PM »

Yanoi, Ren, if you want to test whether it's Imageshack or the boards, I've put Yanoi's / KJ's image up in my Dropbox.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63430134/snapshot2041s.png

That's the link to it.  If you update your forum image to that link, KJ, you should be able to test.
The whole history of science has been the gradual realization that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be divinely inspired.  --Stephen W. Hawking : "A Brief History of Time"

Some people are like slinkys They aren't good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumbling down the stairs.

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
    • Ivy Trellis's SL store!
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 05:22:02 PM »

I tried that. Lill, but it wouldn't accept it, so back to the image shack one :P
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Xi Li Kai, 17, Rifier, linguistics student. APPROVED room 04-N440
Carrie Foxx, 16?, caracal mounty, AMIB agent (captured) APPROVED
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix
Fur Affinity ~ Weasyl ~ Deviant Art
Also: ShivaeWiki!

hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »

As for profile pics, only today has hariman's pic shown up for me, and like I said, mine has been spectacularly indecisive on whether or not it wants to show.

Actually, I haven't had a profile pic until today. I think the pics in question are the miniature pics, although I could be wrong.
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 05:31:44 PM »

It was showing a broken image as if you had one but the path was bad.  Maybe that's another weirdness to list, thinking Hariman had pic when he never did.
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student

devArt

Frost

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Ceiling Cat - Posting Iz Gud
  • Absolute Zero
    • View Profile
    • Mah Buh'ket
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 06:42:20 PM »

I would suggest Option 3

Of course, I also suggest we pillage and take all the shinies, enslave the women and children, then burn wats left......
"Apparently, having common sense and using common sense is an evolutionary leap"

MARPG Aproved:
Tyberisu Frost Luthera, 22, Wolf, Mechanic Leadsman
Mimi Nesolagas 17, Rabbit, student/apprentice/assistant
Odin O'Malley Malius, Feline Cross, 2nd yr Chem. Student/ Janitor
Sgt. Major Abraham Obsidian 25, Black Saber Tooth/Tiger Cross, Security Drill Sargent/Officer
Tokala Toki Velox 29, Gold Fox, Shrink

NPC:
Zeeka Crassadon,
Vaughn & Virgil Orion (Twin Wolves)

The best Villain never lets on he's the bad guy.

Tiffany Ross

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 06:46:02 PM »

I would suggest Option 3

Of course, I also suggest we pillage and take all the shinies, enslave the women and children, then burn wats left......

:D
Frost.
:D

Frost

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Ceiling Cat - Posting Iz Gud
  • Absolute Zero
    • View Profile
    • Mah Buh'ket
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 08:10:03 PM »

what? its a legitimate strategy for progress!  >:D
"Apparently, having common sense and using common sense is an evolutionary leap"

MARPG Aproved:
Tyberisu Frost Luthera, 22, Wolf, Mechanic Leadsman
Mimi Nesolagas 17, Rabbit, student/apprentice/assistant
Odin O'Malley Malius, Feline Cross, 2nd yr Chem. Student/ Janitor
Sgt. Major Abraham Obsidian 25, Black Saber Tooth/Tiger Cross, Security Drill Sargent/Officer
Tokala Toki Velox 29, Gold Fox, Shrink

NPC:
Zeeka Crassadon,
Vaughn & Virgil Orion (Twin Wolves)

The best Villain never lets on he's the bad guy.

Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »

Oh hey look!  There's a 2.0 compatible upgrade to forest :D http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=336

devArt

Lillowen

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Bunnyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 08:17:46 PM »

Did the upgrade occur between 6 PM and 9 PM on Thursday?  The forums were using a green theme when I left work, and now, from home, they're blueish-white...
The whole history of science has been the gradual realization that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be divinely inspired.  --Stephen W. Hawking : "A Brief History of Time"

Some people are like slinkys They aren't good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumbling down the stairs.

Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 08:19:51 PM »

Yeah, I think philpem decided to show some "initiative" :P

You should have  been here right after it upgraded and the old theme was still on.  All KINDS of broke! :P

devArt

Lillowen

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Bunnyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 08:22:58 PM »

Well, that was an unexpected action, this I have GOT to say.  Not that I mind.  Needs one last thing other than the compatible theme, and that's the section that lists who'se been online in the last 5 minutes, a feature I liked.