Author Topic: [Public] [Cafeteria] Christmas/Resolutions Day Party 2002 continued  (Read 1898 times)

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
This is topic [Public] [Cafeteria] Christmas/Resolutions Day Party 2002 continued in forum Mars Academy RPG at The Nice.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://nice.purrsia.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=32;t=000138
Posted by Starcat5 (Member # 821) on 12-04-2001 08:24 PM:

Lets do this right this time...
  Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-04-2001 08:38 PM:

At this point Grief remembered something he's been working on and off for the last year or two. And now... It was time to unleash it on the public at large.

Standing up on the stage, which should be empty by now I hope, he taps the mike and starts talking to the crowd.

"Testing. Testing. Cough. Good evening folks! I'm Grief and if you let me sing, you'll be grieving as well." Weak laugh, some coughs and sounds of crickets from earth.

"Anyway... I'd also like to do a little number for the folks out there. Its half country and half rap. I call it crap!" Rim shot. Still no laughter.

"Tough crowd. Sigh. Time to bring out the big guns."

"U C D E D B D Ducks?"

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-04-2001 09:06 PM:

Dave turns towards the stage as he hears Grief on the stage. He turns towards said stage, a blank expression on his face at Grief's sense of humor, or rather, lack thereof.
Looking at the stage, he fails to notice Varam go flying by behind him.
  Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-04-2001 09:22 PM:

quote:"The question is: Will she get a Zimre ring, or a collection of from-the-heart gifts over a few weeks and then an expensive hunk of jewelry?" Dataran smiles, hintingly.

Alliana looked up at him questioningly for a moment, then back at Varam who managed to literally throw himself away from Vix. She didn't bother to suppress her giggle and tugged Dataran over towards Spooky and Dave. "Come on, let's go say hi!" she chirped. "I want them to see you actually looking GOOD for a change."

Posted by Spooky (Member # 1190) on 12-04-2001 09:37 PM:

quote:Originally posted by David Stevenson:
    Dave turns towards the stage as he hears Grief on the stage. He turns towards said stage, a blank expression on his face at Grief's sense of humor, or rather, lack thereof.
    Looking at the stage, he fails to notice Varam go flying by behind him.

Spooky moves up behind David and touches his arm, "Is... is everything okay David?" she asks.

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-04-2001 09:55 PM:

Sammantha sees Varam make a grab for the stick, Vixara letting go, and -

quote:Originally posted by Varam Rathien:
    Varam, thrown back by his own force of pulling, fell backward, nightstick and all.

Sammantha hums he flies through the air with the greatest of ease.

quote:Originally posted by Gryphon_2:
    Standing up on the stage ... he taps the mike and starts talking to the crowd.

"Testing. Testing. Cough. Good evening folks! I'm Grief and if you let me sing, you'll be grieving as well." Weak laugh, some coughs and sounds of crickets from earth.

"Anyway... I'd also like to do a little number for the folks out there. Its half country and half rap. I call it crap!" Rim shot. Still no laughter.

"Tough crowd. Sigh. ...

Sammantha sees Grief's act, and gives the first two jokes a couple giggles. At least he trie.s

quote:Originally posted by Alliana T'sari:
    She ... tugged Dataran over towards Spooky and Dave. "Come on, let's go say hi!" she chirped. "I want them to see you actually looking GOOD for a change."

She then notices a couple people at the corner of her eye, and turns, There's Dataran, but who's that with him?

-------------------------
Human Female/Age 23/Student
"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-04-2001 09:56 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Spooky:
    Spooky moves up behind David and touches his arm, "Is... is everything okay David?" she asks.

Dave turns back towards Spooky and takes her hand in his. "Oh, yes. I'm just trying to figure out what that last line was supposed to mean."
He then notices the approaching couple.
"Mister Banclave, Miss T'sari. Good evening, and happy Resolutions Day to the both of you."
  Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-04-2001 09:57 PM:

Varam gets up and dusts himself off. he then walks over and says to David.

"If you need me, I'll be seeing what that whitish stuff in the third bowl is."

He then gets on Holocaust, makes a stop by the tree, opens a box on top of it, and puts the contents (presents) under the tree. He then rides Holocaust to the drink table, gets off, and pours some eggnog in a glass.

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-04-2001 10:15 PM:

"Mister Banclave, Miss T'sari. Good evening, and happy Resolutions Day to the both of you."

Alliana rolled her eyes and sighed. "David, how many times have I told you not to talk to me like I'm a dignitary? Just call me 'Alliana' or 'Allie'." She smiled at him and Spooky knowingly. "But Happy Resolutions Day to the both of you, too."

"So, I trust you two have settled the little misunderstanding earlier?" she laughs, not unkindly, tapping just below her throat to indicate the Zimre that Spooky had tucked under her dress.

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-04-2001 11:22 PM:

Dataran blinks, expecting a slightly more vicious reaction out of Alliana; and then he chuckles.

"Good evening all," and then, slightly suggesting, but not that much so, "You know, David, you are amazingly lucky. You have a lady who does not bite you at every offence, and you will eventually get to take your pick of marriage rituals."

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-04-2001 11:27 PM:

Alliana looks up at Dataran, feigning shock and disbelief. "I don't bite you on EVERY occasion! Only when you're being stupid!"

She turns and winks at Spooky. "You should try it sometime. It's a great way to keep 'em in line! " she says with a glance to David and a smile to let them know she was joking.

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-04-2001 11:43 PM:

Alliana rolled her eyes and sighed. "David, how many times have I told you not to talk to me like I'm a dignitary? Just call me 'Alliana' or 'Allie'." She smiled at him and Spooky knowingly. "But Happy Resolutions Day to the both of you, too."

"Heh. Sorry, Allie - just a habit of mine when addressing staff."

quote:
    "So, I trust you two have settled the little misunderstanding earlier?" she laughs, not unkindly, tapping just below her throat to indicate the Zimre that Spooky had tucked under her dress.

"Yeah, took a little bit of explaining. Its all settled, now. Just probably going to have to be explaining to everyone over the next few days."

quote:Originally posted by DataBank:
    "Good evening all," and then, slightly suggesting, but not that much so, "You know, David, you are amazingly lucky. You have a lady who does not bite you at every offence, and you will eventually get to take your pick of marriage rituals."

With a chuckle of his own, Dave quirks an eyebrow at Dataran. You say that like its a bad thing. As for the choice of rituals, well, that's a hurdle we'll jump when we come to it."

Alliana looks up at Dataran, feigning shock and disbelief. "I don't bite you on EVERY occasion! Only when you're being stupid!"

"So then that would be every time, yes?"
  Posted by Spooky (Member # 1190) on 12-04-2001 11:46 PM:

Spooky nods, "Yeah. Not to say that it might not happen for real some day, just not today." she then smiles thoughtfully, "Today, my boyfriend just bought me a very pretty and very expensive piece of jewelry." she says, taking David's hand into her paw.

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-04-2001 11:50 PM:

Dataran smirks at David's reply.

"Oh that is a good thing, really. Do you know what I have to do?"

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-04-2001 11:54 PM:

quote:Originally posted by David:
    "So then that would be every time, yes?"

Alliana cocks an eyebrow at Dave, as if debating something, then smiles in a way so evil that only a vixen could pull it off.

"Nah, just most of the time."

She reaches up and swats his chest ruff lightly. "See, he gets all this fur whenever it gets cold for a while, and I can hardly bite through all of it! It acts like padding, so I have to settle for tackling him now, and only bite him on special occasions." She said, slipping behind him and jumping up on his back to nip at one of his ears.

"GOTCHA!" she giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck and shoulders while she hung from his back.

[edit]

Spooky nods, "Yeah. Not to say that it might not happen for real some day, just not today." she then smiles thoughtfully, "Today, my boyfriend just bought me a very pretty and very expensive piece of jewelry." she says, taking David's hand into her paw.

"Awww.. now that's sweet." she sighed, leaning her head against Dataran's neck as she continued to hang from his back. "You two really do make a nice couple."

quote:Originally posted by Databank:
    "Oh that is a good thing, really. Do you know what I have to do?"

Alliana glared at him fiercely and fastened her jaws around his neck. "Ohn yuh arr ay uh errd!!"* she mumbled around the white fur pelt filling her mouth.

(*Don't you dare say a word!)

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-05-2001 12:24 AM:

quote:Originally posted by Alliana:
    Alliana cocks an eyebrow at Dave, as if debating something, then smiles in a way so evil that only a vixen could pull it off.

"Nah, just most of the time."

Dave shudders in mock fear at the sight of the all-powerful evil vixen grin. "You know I'm just messin around."

quote:
    She reaches up and swats his chest ruff lightly. "See, he gets all this fur whenever it gets cold for a while, and I can hardly bite through all of it! It acts like padding, so I have to settle for tackling him now, and only bite him on special occasions." She said, slipping behind him and jumping up on his back to nip at one of his ears.
    "GOTCHA!" she giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck and shoulders while she hung from his back.

"Well then, thank God for the cold weather, huh Dattie?"

quote:
    "Awww.. now that's sweet." she sighed, leaning her head against Dataran's neck as she continued to hang from his back. "You two really do make a nice couple."

Dave gives Spooky's paw a quick squeeze. "As do the two of you."

quote:
    Alliana glared at him fiercely and fastened her jaws around his neck. "Ohn yuh arr ay uh errd!!"* she mumbled around the white fur pelt filling her mouth.

Dave can't help but break out in laughter at seeing this display.
  Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-05-2001 12:25 AM:

Dataran reaches up and very gently pulls her off his neck, being careful to not get his fingers between her teeth. Last time he did that, he couldn't write for a week.

Unfortunately, Dataran is not a dentist, and cannot understand someone who's mouth is full of fluffy white stuff.

Once free, he takes a few breaths experimantally and continues, "Did you know, David, that Fox males must start courting at the beginning of the month, and I mean the old Fox calendar's months here, and continue to lavish gifts on their chosen for 15 days? We have to get the parent's approval to court first as well."

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-05-2001 12:37 AM:

Alliana looks at him, a little puzzled, then starts giggling. "Ohhhh...I thought you were gonna tell him what you do to get bit half the time!" She laughs, resting her head against Dataran's neck for a moment more, before dropping neatly back to the ground.

"You see, Dataran has a tendency to really earn his punishments sometimes, like bursting into the right room at the wrong time." The black tips on her ears were actually starting to gain a reddish hue from the blush underneath as she stepped around beside him.

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-05-2001 12:52 AM:

"You see, Dataran has a tendency to really earn his punishments sometimes, like bursting into the right room at the wrong time." The black tips on her ears were actually starting to gain a reddish hue from the blush underneath as she stepped around beside him.

"Eh, it can't be all that bad as what happened to me. I don't know if you were here when it happened, but this one night, these Technomage Mice broke into my room to do horrible, unspeakable things to me. Well, I escaped into the ductwork and…"
He then notices Alliana's sudden blushing.
"Ohhhhhhhh…"
  Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-05-2001 01:04 AM:

Unfortunately for those who wished to see a pink fox, Dataran's fur is much too thick for anybody to see him blush.
  Posted by Chrome (Member # 619) on 12-05-2001 02:40 AM:

Chrome, raised in the semi-isolation of an elite foxes home, looks on the conversation; understanding maybe half of it...
  Posted by AngelFish (Member # 1521) on 12-05-2001 05:53 AM:

Back in Medical, Angel looks at the stack of inventory forms and the rubber stamp.

-Ummm, Oookay...-

"Thank you, Owen!"

A short flurry of stamping later, she is on her way back to the party.

Posted by Lenisa (Member # 1222) on 12-05-2001 03:53 PM:

The Scythetail giggles as she watches everyone being themselves in spades. The ambience of good feelings seems infectious, as if nothing could go wrong at this very moment. "So what do you say, Mrs. Nedi? Would it be all right if I took Teela for a ride? In case my reputation has preceded me, don't worry, I'll keep it to a safe speed."
  Posted by Solan (Member # 1213) on 12-05-2001 04:03 PM:

The mouse like instructor enters the room with a large package, still wearing that same style jump suit that she’s appeared in through most of the academy days. (Yes folks. she has a lot of them ^.^). The package, wrapped in plain brown paper, she carries under her arm. She gives a few nods to those she knows and a few she doesn’t as the instructor makes her way to the tree.

Placing this strange package under it, the single tag reads. “To the Academy.”

With ears folded back to dampen the noise, even through the noise filters, she quietly leaves the party.

Posted by AngelFish (Member # 1521) on 12-05-2001 05:47 PM:

Angel returns to the room and walks over to give Lenisa a quick hug. (She's the only other person there with blue scaly skin, you know.)

"Oh, good, you've met Graum's family!"

Posted by Spooky (Member # 1190) on 12-05-2001 06:46 PM:

"Eh, it can't be all that bad as what happened to me. I don't know if you were here when it happened, but this one night, these Technomage Mice broke into my room to do horrible, unspeakable things to me. Well, I escaped into the ductwork and…"
    He then notices Alliana's sudden blushing.
    "Ohhhhhhhh…"

Spooky covers her muzzle with a paw and giggles, "What I wouldn't give to have seen that. I did see him in the hall aft... oh dear..." she says before giggling some more, the insides of her large ears turning pinkish.

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-05-2001 07:17 PM:

Spooky covers her muzzle with a paw and giggles, "What I wouldn't give to have seen that. I did see him in the hall aft... oh dear..." she says before giggling some more, the insides of her large ears turning pinkish.

Now it is David's turn to turn a bit pinkish. "Love, I don't think there's anybody who had met me those first few days, who didn't see me in the hall afterwards."
He turns back towards Alliana. "At least you've got fur. "
  Posted by Owen (Member # 1661) on 12-05-2001 07:33 PM:

Shortly after the quiet instructure leaves the scean the doors open once more on the most amusing sight posible. Led by a matched pair of gigling white cubs Owen enters. His ebon scales and feathers are a washed in light from a set of christmas lights strung along his body. Strands wrap his torso and run along his arms, legs, wing edges and spine covering the major bone structures. The little ones quickly take the hover sled and start placing gifts under the tree.
  Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-05-2001 08:31 PM:

Now it is David's turn to turn a bit pinkish. "Love, I don't think there's anybody who had met me those first few days, who didn't see me in the hall afterwards."
    He turns back towards Alliana. "At least you've got fur. "

Dataran is busy stiffling a snicker at this. Is it for the memory of things past, or something more sinister?

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-05-2001 08:42 PM:

Alliana punches Dataran in the arm lightly, not sure why he's snickering, but knowing that it can't be good.

quote:Originally posted by David:
    At least you've got fur."

"Heh.. yeah, but it doesn't do any good if you're still soaking wet." she says, starting to laugh a little at the memory.

"Ah, even with all his little quirks, I still love the big guy." Alliana smiles up at Dataran, wrapping both arms around him from the side. "But he needs to get trimmed, badly." she said, ruffling the fur on his chest without breaking the hug. "Maybe I'll take you to the ED-3... I hear they're good with clippers!"

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-05-2001 08:46 PM:

"Hey, you know thay hate me," Dataran returns, "Besides, I'm one of the few Foxes around who's known for massive shedding."
  Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-05-2001 08:53 PM:

"Hey, you know thay hate me," Dataran returns, "Besides, I'm one of the few Foxes around who's known for massive shedding."

"Aw, don't take it personal, Dats." she chuckled. "They hate EVERYBODY! I remember one time when one of them decided to give me a hard time while I was running the 'Jack, so I just picked her up and dumped her outside the bay."

She can't help but start laughing when she remembers this. "Oh by Dios, it was beautiful, the look on her face!"

Posted by Timothy Pine (Member # 1184) on 12-05-2001 08:55 PM:

Tim wander over to Dave and Spooky. "Tha rumer mills goin strong. I just heard that you wern't gettin married. If thats true, I apologies. Just thought I over heard Spooky mention somethin bout a proposal ta Lenisa. I must'a jumped to conclusions again."
  Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-05-2001 09:00 PM:

Dataran whispers in an aside to Alliana, "What's this about?"
  Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-05-2001 09:20 PM:

"Oh, David gave Spooky a Zimre, without realizing what it meant." she whispered back. "Lenisa and Tim saw it, and Tim jumped to conclusions and started celebrating."
  Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-05-2001 09:22 PM:

"Ah," Dataran utters, fidgeting with the case in his pocket.
  Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-05-2001 09:30 PM:

Still on stage Grief plops his head into his hands and whispers "Come on people... It's a simple riddle."

Then a thought struck him and he asked off stage "R D E D B D Ducks alright?"

Posted by Owen (Member # 1661) on 12-05-2001 09:39 PM:

The iluminated lizard turns just in time to see a set of waterfoul walk by.
For a brief moment he studies them intently and shouts to the stage
"O S M E D B D Ducks R O K"
  Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-05-2001 09:40 PM:

Paddock pushed off from his spot on the wall and made for the stage, still carrying Angel's bag from the habitat and balancing Tim's hat on his head.

"All right, Grief. Enough is enough!" he said loudly, climbing up on stage.

"If you're going down in flames, I may as well go with ya!"

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-05-2001 09:48 PM:

"Excuse us, everyone, but the events on the stage at this moment are starting to hurt my brain," Dataran says politely, but somewhat insensitively.

"C'mon, Alliana, we might be able to put those two out of their misery," he says far less sensitively as he slips off to the food area to find the right ingredients for his bit.

Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-05-2001 09:54 PM:

"GET THEM!" Grief yelled in a panic "That's tonights special award dinner!!"

He leapt off the stage and landed heavily. Withdrawing his stungun he shouted at Owen "WHICH WAY DID THEY GO!?"

To himself he said "Man Darius is going to kill me. How'd I let a hard days catch get away from me..."

Then yelling hard at Owen "DON'T YOU DARE MAKE A PET OF THESE THINGS! I already got something for you under the tree."

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-05-2001 10:01 PM:

Alliana taps his arm as Grief hauls it off-stage, chasing some ducks.

"I think the act just committed hari-kari, sweets." she laughed, while Paddock looked at Grief with a very confused expression.

Posted by Owen (Member # 1661) on 12-05-2001 10:04 PM:

Head swiveling around first to Grief and then to the dashing ducks, Owen points with the lights strung about him all sudenly strobeing in sequence flickering on and off with the band of on lights moving from the tip of his tail down to his out stretched arm to add emphesis.

"After the falcon almost ate all the others I'm staying away from birdies quite thank you"

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-05-2001 10:05 PM:

Dataran saw this.

Not many things can get this kind of a reaction out of him, but this did.

"That Falcon is completely insane�" he said, shaking his head.

Posted by Spooky (Member # 1190) on 12-05-2001 10:06 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Timothy Pine:
    Tim wander over to Dave and Spooky. "Tha rumer mills goin strong. I just heard that you wern't gettin married. If thats true, I apologies. Just thought I over heard Spooky mention somethin bout a proposal ta Lenisa. I must'a jumped to conclusions again."

Spooky grins broadly to Tim, "Hey, it's quite alright. When we do get married, you'll be the first to know." ^_^

Posted by Starcat5 (Member # 821) on 12-05-2001 10:16 PM:

Grief is suddenly cut off my a hissing lynx. Before anyone can respond, she runs over to, and matches pace with the waterfowl (Ducks?), and began flanking manuvers to keep everyone away from the feathery...birds.

Fangs could only shake his head. "What is with that gel and Ducks?"

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-05-2001 10:27 PM:

Sammantha listens to the conversation, and giggles when she sees Alliana jump on Dataran and try to nip him.

Sammantha giggles some more, then has an idea, pulls her datapad from her purse, and starts accesses something. At one point, she's using her "pen" on the pad.

"Maybe I'll take you to the ED-3... I hear they're good with clippers!"

"Be careful. I heard they've been up to more than just that. Not that they've been very good at it for a while."

She also sees Owen show up decked up in Christmas lights and Darius' necies, and smiles, thinking it's really cute.

Sammantha then turns to Spooky, "About what you said earlier, about wanting to see Dave in the hall afterwards?" She then grins wickedly in a manner rivaling the vixens, "Well, my cousin's not the only one with a camera. Get a load of what one of the girls gave me!" She hands her datapad over to Spooky.

And on the viewscreen visible only to Spooky ...

no pic, a note ...

Let's have a little fun with David. Don't let him see this. Make him think there really is a picture of him out there. ; )

OOC - if Sam's little act of evil is too much, someone tell me and I'll edit the post

"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-05-2001 10:52 PM:

Vix tries to get a look at the pad, but gives up and comments to Sam, "You know, not many are trusted any pieces of Spike's ameture espionage picture collection," she pauses, "Well, not anymore that is. 'Zat a picture of him in the middle of the ductwork incident? I heard Spike had his camera with him at that meeting, and it was� interesting� to escort him back to his room."
  Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-05-2001 11:37 PM:

Sammantha grins, still with a hint of wickedness in her smile, "I'll bet it was."

"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-06-2001 01:10 AM:

"What act?! I was doing a general announcement! The winner of the most appropriate karaoke song gets a live bird to eat as he or she sees fit." He shouts at everyone else.

"The problem is that these things are smarter than everybody realizes. The only way we can fool them is to use code."

At this point the ducks are flapping around, being chased by a lynx running underfoot. Pointing away from the cat, he kneeled and drew aim on another duck that was now running in a straight line. The moment he drew a bead on the thing, it ducked and zigged zagged into the crowd.

"Damn! They already learned how to get under cover?! It took me a year to learn how to dodge bullets and these things learned my attack pattern in one hour?!"

In a loud voice Grief said nice and calmly.

"Now then. Nobody panic. This will not turn out like the nalokat scenario last year. Rest assured thaaaargh!!" As a camoflagued duck took him out at the knees in a sneak attack. The small tazer hit the floor and seemingly, by accident, was propelled across the floor. Where it ended up, no one knows...

"Oh dear... It's begun." Grief said sprawled on the floor.

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-06-2001 01:54 AM:

Dataran's ears fold back as he draws Alliana in front of him and holds her. His right ear starts twitching the "What next?" twitch* as he buries his face in Alliana's hair, grateful for the familiar scent.

A low growling can be heard as a duck lands on his head for a second, and ends when it takes off.

His right ear repeats the "What Next?" twitch code.

*Up, right, left, center, left, down, up, center, up, STRAIGHT BACK.

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-06-2001 02:25 AM:

Alliana reaches behind her and lays one hand on the back of Dataran's neck, the other she rests on his arms around her midsection.

"You all right?" she asks quietly, tilting her head back.

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-06-2001 02:29 AM:

Muffled by her hair, "I'l be alright, this is just not how I'd imagined this night would be like."
  Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-06-2001 02:34 AM:

Alliana smiled happily. "Mmmm...well, I think it's pretty pleasant at the moment." she replied, still keeping her low tone. "I can definitely think of worse ways to spend an evening." She emphasised this by flicking her ears back against his face gently.

"Besides, when was the last time an entire night's plans went perfectly?"

Posted by Chrome (Member # 619) on 12-06-2001 02:35 AM:

Chrome looks around the room, frowning slightly, then wanders over to the food. He stands very still until a duck goes by, then snatches it out of the air and stuffs it into his empty bag. As he carefully fills a plate, the mutters "I just don't remember anything in the traditions about ducks!"

With the plate in one had, he walks by Grief, handing him the bag with the squawking duck inside, then finds a place near the tree to sit.

Aurla catches his eye, looking eagerly from him to the scattered ducks.

"I don't know, Aurla - you probably aren't supposed to chase them..."

...and she's off, chasing after a duck that's almost her size.

"Oh, squid."

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-06-2001 02:43 AM:

"Hmmmph," he vocalizes gently, smiling when she bats him, "I just would rather not look back on this night and laugh years from now."

He picks his head up and watches Aurla chase a Duck.

"Could be worse, I guess. Someone could have brought a real Terran skunk."

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-06-2001 02:53 AM:

"A skunk? Oh Dios, that would be a death sentence for someone!" she laughed, tipping her head all the way back to rest on Dataran's chest, eyes closed. "Hey Dataran, can you do me a favor?" she asks, smiling in her trademark Scheming Vixen Smile.

(OOC: The "Scheming Vixen Smile" is not quite an Evil Vixen Grin. It's a couple levels under it, and it's not always a bad thing. It just means you're going to get something that you don't expect. )

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-06-2001 02:59 AM:

"You know, that's like asking me if I'm busy tonight. It depends on what the favor is," Dataran says, using the phrase that just about everyone at the academy who's ever asked him for a favor got.

Still, the shift in how he's holding her indicates that there are very few things that could be considered gifts she wanted that he wouldn't risk life and limb to get her right now.

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-06-2001 03:14 AM:

Alliana smiles a little wider, still not opening her eyes. "There is one thing that I would love to see more than anything in this universe right now..." she begins, and slides both hands to either side of Dataran's head.

She opens her eyes and matches his gaze. "...and that would be to see you have fun and enjoy yourself tonight." she finished, breaking into a full-blown Evil Vixen Grin.

"Think you can handle that, ya big pillow?"

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-06-2001 03:28 AM:

"I think I can arrange that," Dataran says offhandedly, looking out into space and muttering like he does when counting how many signatures a project will need.

Then he kisses her, quickly and out of the blue.

He holds his head up, and shouts out to Paddock, "Minstrel, could we get some music to dance and chase ducks to?"

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-06-2001 04:10 AM:

Alliana smiled contentedly, returning the kiss. "Good." she murmured, leaning back against him.

When Dataran shouts for the dancing/duck-chasing music, she can't help but laugh out loud. "I don't think that there's a song written that you can do both of those to, love."

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-06-2001 04:21 AM:

"Well, I am planning on monopolizing you for this evening, but I think there are others looking for ducks," he explains gesturing to the antics of Grief, Aurla, and the lynx.
  Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-06-2001 04:35 AM:

"Monopolizing me?" she asked, starting to giggle a little. "For some strange reason, I like the sound of that..."

She turned towards the shark, who by now was picking up his acoustic from behind the stage and tuning it quickly. "Hey, Jaws!!" she yelled. "Play that 'Driving' song you were strummin' in the Docking bays last time, would you?"

Posted by AngelFish (Member # 1521) on 12-06-2001 06:42 AM:

Angel steps on stage next to Paddock and retrieves her bag. Pulling out a small bandage shear, she snips a slit in the top of the hat so a portion of Paddock's cranial fin can poke through. She then replaces it on his head, and steps back to consider the result.

"Well, it's better... You're still going to stand out a bit at the rodeo, though."

She moves over to the tree, pulling a few packages from the bag to place under it.

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-06-2001 09:52 AM:

"Its all right. Just a simple misunderstanding."

Spooky grins broadly to Tim, "Hey, it's quite alright. When we do get married, you'll be the first to know." ^_^

"Of course we'll let you know. Well, hopefully, next time Spooky and I will let each other know first. "

quote:Originally posted by Sammantha:
    Sammantha then turns to Spooky, "About what you said earlier, about wanting to see Dave in the hall afterwards?" She then grins wickedly in a manner rivaling the vixens, "Well, my cousin's not the only one with a camera. Get a load of what one of the girls gave me!" She hands her datapad over to Spooky.

Dave jerks his head towards Sammantha, a look of mild horror on his face.
"No…you didn't…who gave…Hey!"

quote:Originally posted by Vixaria:
    Vix tries to get a look at the pad, but gives up and comments to Sam, "You know, not many are trusted any pieces of Spike's ameture espionage picture collection," she pauses, "Well, not anymore that is. 'Zat a picture of him in the middle of the ductwork incident? I heard Spike had his camera with him at that meeting, and it was… interesting… to escort him back to his room."

"HEY! I told you all, it was nothing more than a series of coincidences and circumstances. It could have happened to anyone."

Sammantha grins, still with a hint of wickedness in her smile, "I'll bet it was."

"Oh, come on. She wasn't even here for a good year after it happened, and even she knows all about it. What next, a made-for-TV movie?!!"
  Posted by Owen (Member # 1661) on 12-06-2001 11:01 AM:

OOC: the falcon wasn't Grief but another, gone by when this thread happens, pet

IC: "Hey Pad hold up I've got a sloution" Owen shouted as he motioned for Grief to get ready with the bag. "QUACK QUACK QUACK", an urgent duck call came out of the speakers startaling most of the croud as the duck rushed tward the cloaked Avistarian. As the duck call starts all the lights on Owen go out and he is visibly winded when its done. Ducks in motion he heads tward the refreshments a little wobly looking almost as if he had just run quite aways.

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-06-2001 04:15 PM:

"Oh, come on. She wasn't even here for a good year after it happened, and even she knows all about it. What next, a made-for-TV movie?!!"

Sammantha's evil grin continues, "I found out about it in the next email my cousin sent. As for the TV show, sorry, can't help you there. But after I changed a few names, places, and things, it made for a great scene in a sci-fi story I wrote and posted on the 'net."

OOC - she's kidding folks, really
"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Graum Nedi (Member # 1338) on 12-06-2001 05:28 PM:

Graum finally catches up with Teela and Aidy. "So, little girl, did you meet the talking sythetail yet?"

Aidy turns sour. "Graum, one of the students told us not to bother her."

Graum smiles, "Oh fireflies. Lenisa's one of the friendliest people on the planet. She'd love meeting Teela."

Posted by Graum Nedi (Member # 1338) on 12-06-2001 05:33 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Lenisa:
    The Scythetail giggles as she watches everyone being themselves in spades. The ambience of good feelings seems infectious, as if nothing could go wrong at this very moment. "So what do you say, Mrs. Nedi? Would it be all right if I took Teela for a ride? In case my reputation has preceded me, don't worry, I'll keep it to a safe speed."

Aidy looks concerned, but Graum is relaxed. Carefully putting Teela in the wagon, he says, "Just keep it slow enough for Aidy's sake." He says.

Posted by Lenisa (Member # 1222) on 12-06-2001 05:34 PM:

quote:Originally posted by our Angel of mercy...and many bad puns:
    Angel returns to the room and walks over to give Lenisa a quick hug. (She's the only other person there with blue scaly skin, you know.)
    "Oh, good, you've met Graum's family!"

Lenisa returns the hug with a friendly grin to boot. "Hi, Angel! Yeah, I was just offering to give her a ride..."

quote:Originally posted by Owen:
    Shortly after the quiet instructure leaves the scean the doors open once more on the most amusing sight posible. Led by a matched pair of gigling white cubs Owen enters. His ebon scales and feathers are a washed in light from a set of christmas lights strung along his body. Strands wrap his torso and run along his arms, legs, wing edges and spine covering the major bone structures. The little ones quickly take the hover sled and start placing gifts under the tree.

"Aw shoot, he went and outdid me! Not only is he shinier, but he's already got two kids with him," she mock-pouts. About then, ducky mayhem ensues and Angel gets seperated from Lenisa in the feathered chaos. For her part, the Scythetail snags yet another of the passing ducks with relative ease. "Hey Grief! What you need is more reality and less cyberspace if you plan to hunt!"

OOC: Why do I feel like the pot just called the kettle black?

quote:Originally posted by Graum:
    Aidy looks concerned, but Graum is relaxed. Carefully putting Teela in the wagon, he says, "Just keep it slow enough for Aidy's sake." He says.

Lenisa grins and hands Graum the squawking duck. "Not a problem, Graum!" She looks over her shoulder at the young Digni and winks. "Here we go!" She takes off at a trot that's a far more high stepping than ground-eating pace, but it shows off her shiney cuffs rather well. She makes a pass by the stage giving a wave and calling out, "Hey Paddock! What's next?"

Posted by Spooky (Member # 1190) on 12-06-2001 06:18 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Sammantha Powers:
    [/b] [/i] "

Spooky covers her muzzle as she looks at the datapad and begins snickering a little loudly to get David's attention, "Oh my goodness. Now what do we have here." she says coyly, holding the dataplate away from David's field of vision. She then peers at David, looking him up and down then back at the plate.

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-06-2001 06:21 PM:

Sammantha's evil grin continues, "I found out about it in the next email my cousin sent. As for the TV show, sorry, can't help you there. But after I changed a few names, places, and things, it made for a great scene in a sci-fi story I wrote and posted on the 'net."

"Sooooo, I have Mikey to blame for this. Alright, its on then. His soul is mine.
As for the story, sheesh, its not enough that a good chunk of the student body knows about me only from that incident, but now people on a planet millions of miles away know about it. Thanks."

edit

Spooky covers her muzzle as she looks at the datapad and begins snickering a little loudly to get David's attention, "Oh my goodness. Now what do we have here." she says coyly, holding the dataplate away from David's field of vision. She then peers at David, looking him up and down then back at the plate.

Daved stands there, not saying a word as Spooky gives him the look over.
An evil thought comes to a head, and he grins evilly. "You know hon, I can't say I approve of everyone else giving me the look over. But you, if you wanted a look, all you had to do was ask, and I could have givin you a private showing later on. "
  Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-06-2001 06:41 PM:

Varam takes a sip from the cup of eggnog, and then asks.

"Hey, David? What is this stuff? It's pretty good."

Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-06-2001 07:03 PM:

Paddock strummed on his guitar experimentally for a moment, twisted one of the knobs, and strummed again.

Nodding his thanks to Angel for the hat's modification, he shifted it so the brim overshadowed his eyes, then tossed a quick half-salute to Dataran and Alliana.

"All right, mon." he said to himself, pulling up a stool and adjusting the microphone stand. "Jest play it like ya know it be played."

Clearing his throat, Paddock settled on the bench and pulled the mic stand up to him.

"Okay, people. Dis be de last time I'm gettin' up here, wasting ya time, so I'm gonna try ta play someting good." he smiled jokingly. "I jest gotta request for a song called 'Drive' by a band called 'Incubus' back home on Terra. Some of ya may already know it, and if ya do, feel free ta come up here and help me sing it!"

Posted by Spooky (Member # 1190) on 12-06-2001 07:13 PM:

Daved stands there, not saying a word as Spooky gives him the look over.
    An evil thought comes to a head, and he grins evilly. "You know hon, I can't say I approve of everyone else giving me the look over. But you, if you wanted a look, all you had to do was ask, and I could have givin you a private showing later on. "

Spooky rolls her eyes and giggles, handing David the dataplate to show him what's written on it, "Darnit, nothing can faze you, can it." she says.

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-06-2001 07:26 PM:

Varam takes a sip from the cup of eggnog, and then asks.

"Hey, David? What is this stuff? It's pretty good."

"Its called eggnog. Its a traditional Earth beverage for this time of year."

Spooky rolls her eyes and giggles, handing David the dataplate to show him what's written on it, "Darnit, nothing can faze you, can it." she says.

Dave takes the dataplate and looks at it, seeing the message. He turns to give Sammantha a diapproving look. "That wasn't funny."
He turns back towards Spooky. "Well, it all depends. The misunderstanding earlier tonight fazed me a bit, but as for this" he says, holding up the dataplate, "I'd like to think that living here for a year has taught me some modesty."
He leans forward and whispers in her ear. "And the private showing is up for grabs still, if you want it."
  Posted by Timothy Pine (Member # 1184) on 12-06-2001 07:30 PM:

"Darnit, nothing can faze you, can it." she says.

Tim smiles evilly at Dave, "Oh really, then let me try." Looking at Paddock starting to play again, he turned to to Spooky. "If yer not gettin married yet, that means that yer still fair game. Care ta join me in a dance?"

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-06-2001 07:42 PM:

Dave takes the dataplate and looks at it, seeing the message. He turns to give Sammantha a diapproving look. "That wasn't funny."

Sammantha giggles, "Oh yes it was. Mikey was right, you are so easy."

quote: He turns back towards Spooky. "Well, it all depends. The misunderstanding earlier tonight fazed me a bit, but as for this" he says, holding up the dataplate, "I'd like to think that living here for a year has taught me some modesty."

"Oh?" she grins, "And what were you like before?" She takes the datapad back.

"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-06-2001 07:44 PM:

quote:"Its called eggnog. Its a traditional Earth beverage for this time of year."

"Woah, looks like there's more good things on Terra than just Battlebots."

And Varam goes on a eggnog-drinking spree...

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-06-2001 07:47 PM:

As the "band" warms up, Dataran whispers in Alliana's ear, "You shall have to teach me as we go, I don't have a clue how this one goes."
  Posted by Spooky (Member # 1190) on 12-06-2001 07:59 PM:

He turns back towards Spooky. "Well, it all depends. The misunderstanding earlier tonight fazed me a bit, but as for this" he says, holding up the dataplate, "I'd like to think that living here for a year has taught me some modesty."
    He leans forward and whispers in her ear. "And the private showing is up for grabs still, if you want it."

Spooky grins slyly at David and whispers, "It's only fair, considering you... and everybody else at this school... got a good look at me when those mounties from that one dorm shaved me bald and tied me to the salad bar in the cafeteria that one time." ^_^

Tim smiles evilly at Dave, "Oh really, then let me try." Looking at Paddock starting to play again, he turned to to Spooky. "If yer not gettin married yet, that means that yer still fair game. Care ta join me in a dance?"

Spooky snickers, "Well, I'm not up for grabs, but sure, I'd love a dance."

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-06-2001 08:03 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Databank:
    As the "band" warms up, Dataran whispers in Alliana's ear, "You shall have to teach me as we go, I don't have a clue how this one goes."

"What, the dance or the song?" she whispered back. "If it's the song, don't worry about it." She starts smiling evilly. "And I know that you can dance. I've seen it myself."

Just then, Paddock starts strumming the guitar, and Alliana wraps both arms behind Dataran's neck. "When in doubt, go with the beat." she giggled.

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-06-2001 11:57 PM:

Dataran wraps his arms around Alliana's waist and back, hoping he doesn't make himself look too much (more?) like an idiot.

Dancing with her, he really doesn't notice the music.

Posted by Timothy Pine (Member # 1184) on 12-07-2001 12:13 AM:

Tim grins, hooks Spooky's elbow in his and carefully leads spooky to the dance floor

After an exagerated bow, Tim begins. Not bad as dance moves go. Noot goood ... but not to bad either. Also manages to slip in a thumbs up to Dataran.

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-07-2001 12:29 AM:

(ooc: "Drive" is on the borderline of slow dance music. )

Alliana sighs happily, relaxing agains Dataran as the dance starts. *Well, at least I got him on the dance floor.* she thought. *Even THAT'S an accomplishment!*

Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-07-2001 12:39 AM:

As the last of the ducks he seen were packed away by a few helping hands, Grief paused for a second. While the still twitching bag wriggled away in his hands.

"What's wrong?" Someone finally asked.

"I felt a great disturbance in the timeline. As if a great many voices suddenly started shouting at misdeeds being done. There was a rising tension and sparks of violence. Finally, silence and quiet murmurs of thanks. As if the hand of the powers that be swept down and crushed the problem."

"In english..."

"I felt a plot line go poof. Mainly because my actions reverbed a great echo of that past tragedy."

Looking up at Paddock on the stage doing another song, Grief muttered "Crap. Have to do my announcement later.

Posted by AngelFish (Member # 1521) on 12-07-2001 03:32 AM:

Angel looks over the growing collection of packages, and ponders the large brown one addressed to the Academy itself.

-Hmm - I wonder what that is; and who's supposed to open it?-

Posted by Chrome (Member # 619) on 12-07-2001 04:34 AM:

Chrome decides to take a chance on the eggnog, too.

"Hey, that is good!"

Just then, Aurla lands on his shoulder.

"Ran out of ducks, did you? How about hunting for a certain skunk for me?"

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-07-2001 10:31 AM:

Well, he is just a friend, and I know he wouldn't do anything inappropriate...

"Oh?" she grins, "And what were you like before?" She takes the datapad back.

Dave regards her with a blank expression. "No comment."

quote:Originally posted by Varam:
    "Woah, looks like there's more good things on Terra than just Battlebots."
    And Varam goes on a eggnog-drinking spree...

*evil thought*
He says to himself, loudly enough for Varam to hear, "I wonder what Vix did with that vial of sleepy potion I saw her with earlier…"
(OOC: To prevent confusion, there was no vial of sleepy potion)

Spooky grins slyly at David and whispers, "It's only fair, considering you... and everybody else at this school... got a good look at me when those mounties from that one dorm shaved me bald and tied me to the salad bar in the cafeteria that one time." ^_^

(OOC: Alright, that one made my jaw hit the floor. But don't worry, I shall avenge my lady love!)
"Well, after what I did to them in return, I doubt that they'll shave anyone ever again. Thank God for Nair, huh?"
At least my adventure in the air ducts taught me how to get around the dorms undetected.

quote:

quote:Originally posted by Timmy:
    Tim grins, hooks Spooky's elbow in his and carefully leads Spooky to the dance floor.

Dave watches as Tim and Spooky, as well as other gathering couples, take to the dance floor. He turns towards Sammantha. "Well, since my almost-fiancee is otherwise occupied at the moment, would you care for a dance?"
  Posted by Lenisa (Member # 1222) on 12-07-2001 03:04 PM:

At about the same time as Deu-, er, Alliana, the Scythetail spots the simply wrapped brown package by the tree. "Hey little one," she addresses Teela, "I'm going to take a swing past the tree and check out the presents." Of course, she takes the scenic route around the edge of the cafeteria - that avoids crossing the busy dance floor after all.

When she reaches the tree, another present catches her attention first - this one addressed to her, so she picks it up and opens it. Inside is an interesting piece of shiney gold material and a set of instructions. When she realizes what its for, she giggles and calls out, "Would someone like to help me with this?" A look at the instructions shows that the shiney stip is meant to be wrapped around a tail in a candy cane fashion.

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-07-2001 03:07 PM:

He says to himself, loudly enough for Varam to hear, "I wonder what Vix did with that vial of sleepy potion I saw her with earlier�"

Sammantha giggles, knowing how Varam is going to take the news.

quote: He turns towards Sammantha. "Well, since my almost-fiancee is otherwise occupied at the moment, would you care for a dance?"

Sammantha smiles, "Allright," and holds out her hand for him to take.

She follows his lead, mellowing some as she dances to the music.
"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Chrome (Member # 619) on 12-07-2001 03:47 PM:

He says to himself, loudly enough for Varam to hear, "I wonder what Vix did with that vial of sleepy potion I saw her with earlier…"
    (OOC: To prevent confusion, there was no vial of sleepy potion)

Chrome looks at the cup he has nearly finished. "Oh, no - not again!" He sniffs it, and considers the taste.

(OOC: does this egg nog have any rum flavoring? If it does, I won't be able to tell if the potion is in it...)

Posted by Owen (Member # 1661) on 12-07-2001 04:15 PM:

[OOC: this posts asumes that its normal eggnog and so has a SMALL amount of rum in it]

His color returning Owen notices his young charges walking up with a cup of white liquid. "well what do you have there" he asks takeing the glass and sniffing the contnets. "we're not sure Mr. ~insert David's last name~ said it was called eggnog, we shared a glass before its good yea he seems to like it" this last said pointing at Varam.

Finishing the cup himself Owen tells them not to have any more didn't they notice that it smelled odd? They of course agree and stick to punch for the rest of the evening. Realizing how much Varam has imbibed Owen walks over and metions descreatly that there is a small amount of alcahol so he should be carefull lest he get drunk

Posted by Timothy Pine (Member # 1184) on 12-07-2001 06:21 PM:

Spooky was light on her feet. Must come from the wings. Tim feels free to try out some basic moves. And spin out, and spin back, and twirl her around. Dip and up. Seeing Dave and Sammantha coming in, he looks back at Spooky. Quietly he says "That's cute, I think Dave wants ta keep an eye on us. Ever play follow tha leader?"

Then just loud enough for Dave to hear he tells Spooky, "Hey Spooky, look over there. You'll love it." And starts dance/leading Spooky behind another group of dancers just out of Dave's sight.

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-07-2001 07:23 PM:

Dave leads Sammantha out onto the floor in a simple, friendly dance.
During the dance, he tried making friendlt talk. "So, how have you liked your first few months here?"
Then he hears Tim's comment.
Well, I'm sure that the two of them will be alright.
Although it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on them.
He then discreetly begins danging across the floor in the direction Tim and Spooky went.
  Posted by Spooky (Member # 1190) on 12-07-2001 08:34 PM:

Spooky was light on her feet. Must come from the wings. Tim feels free to try out some basic moves. And spin out, and spin back, and twirl her around. Dip and up. Seeing Dave and Sammantha coming in, he looks back at Spooky. Quietly he says "That's cute, I think Dave wants ta keep an eye on us. Ever play follow tha leader?"

Then just loud enough for Dave to hear he tells Spooky, "Hey Spooky, look over there. You'll love it." And starts dance/leading Spooky behind another group of dancers
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [Public] [Cafeteria] Christmas/Resolutions Day Party 2002 continued
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:29:45 pm »
Posted by Spooky (Member # 1190) on 12-07-2001 08:34 PM:

Then just loud enough for Dave to hear he tells Spooky, "Hey Spooky, look over there. You'll love it." And starts dance/leading Spooky behind another group of dancers just out of Dave's sight.

(OOC: Dave, check PM's - will edit out this OOC later)

Spooky snickers, "You're evil, Tim. Lets do it." she says, giggling as Tim leads her out of Dave's field of vision, looking over her shoulder occasionally to see if she can get a glimpse of Dave.

Posted by Starcat5 (Member # 821) on 12-07-2001 10:22 PM:

Hidden within the christmass tree, a lynx and the last uncaptured duck remain hidden, biding their time until an escape route could be found.

((Lame, I know. I had a better post, but one thing led to another, and suddenly the flock was captured before I could post.))

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-07-2001 10:28 PM:

Upon hearing the thing about Vix and the sleeping option, Varam choked a little, then coughed, after his fourth glass.

"*Cough*Oh great! Jus*gag, cough* when I got fin*sputter, cough*finished with my fourth *coughcough* glass of eggnog! Thanks a *cough* lot, David!"

Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-08-2001 12:57 AM:

Vix hears David's comment, and recalls two of the items she packed in her handbag.

Moving over to Varam, she pulls out a small unmarked container of nose-pad softener.

"Varam, I'm sorry about that, I've got the antidote right here. It's a dermal transfer chemical, but it works best if warm, moist air is blown across it for a few seconds. It's also got to contact a non-furred surface on you with lots of blood vessels to ensure you don't fall asleep."

She dips her finger in a bit of the "antidote" and dabs it on her nose.

OOC:

Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-08-2001 01:13 AM:

OOC: Yeah. You're telling me. I was going to extend this a bit but was shot down rather violently in the OOC8 thread. I didn't want to risk raising Syke's ire.

IC: "Sleeping potion?" Grief muttered to himself. Wanding over to the punch bowl he quickly isolated a sample for analysis...

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-08-2001 01:31 AM:

As the dance progressed, Alliana started to think about all the things that had happened to her over the past year, and just how many of them seemed to practically bend the rules of probability and reality.

Surviving the explosion, getting shoved into a lift for a body, landing a job at a first-contact outpost, meeting Dataran, regaining her body... The list just kept going.

*It's enough to make a girl believe in fate!* she thought uneasily, holding on to Dataran a little tighter.

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-08-2001 01:39 AM:

Meanwhile, mere inches away in Dataran's mind.

*Now? No, not now, we're dancing. Before midnight, that's for sure. Oh� she's squeezing me tighter� so comforting, I could do this all night. Night, there was something about this night I was thinking about. What was that?*

The velvet box presses against both Dataran and Alliana, through Dataran's coat.

*Oh yea, that. When the dancing settles down, then, just before midnight.*

Posted by Chrome (Member # 619) on 12-08-2001 02:58 AM:

Chrome looks for a place to sit down and wait for any reaction from the egg nog.
  Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-08-2001 03:08 AM:

Meanwhile, up on the stage, Paddock watches all of this from behind the mic, and clears his throat a little.

Once he starts singing, he forces down his accent and adopts a well-practiced North American accent for the song.

*I always knew dat hanging around dose tourists would help me in de end!* he thought with a grin.

"Sometimes, I feel the fear of
Uncertainty, stinging clear.
And I, can't help but ask myself
How much I let the fear, take the wheel
And steer.

*It's driven me before...
And it seems to have a vague...
Haunting mass appeal.

But lately I'm...
Beginning to find that I...
Should be the one behind the wheel.

~Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there.
With open arms, and open eyes
Yeah...

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there
I'll be... there...

So if I
Decide to waiver my
Chance to be one of
The hive...

Will I...
Choose water over wine
And hold my own
And drive?

*It's driven me before...
And it seems to be the way...
That everyone else gets around

But lately I'm...
Beginning to find that
When I drive myself...
My light is found...

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there...
yeah...

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there...
I'll be... there...

Would you choose...
Water over wine...

Hold the wheel and drive.

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there...
yeah...

Whatever tomorrow brings
I'll be there...
I'll... be... there...

Posted by Owen (Member # 1661) on 12-08-2001 05:05 PM:

As the song comes to a close Owen with Tae and Kea on the hover sled behind him walks up beside lenisa "the hall ways are clear wana race, the kids'll love it , I woun't tell if you woun't"
  Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-08-2001 05:41 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Vixaria Malonis:
    Vix hears David's comment, and recalls two of the items she packed in her handbag.

Moving over to Varam, she pulls out a small unmarked container of nose-pad softener.

"Varam, I'm sorry about that, I've got the antidote right here. It's a dermal transfer chemical, but it works best if warm, moist air is blown across it for a few seconds. It's also got to contact a non-furred surface on you with lots of blood vessels to ensure you don't fall asleep."

She dips her finger in a bit of the "antidote" and dabs it on her nose.

OOC:

Varam stares at the container for a bit, and then shakes his head.

"How come I get the feeling I can't trust you?"

Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-08-2001 06:39 PM:

Varam stares at the container for a bit, and then shakes his head.

"How come I get the feeling I can't trust you?"

"Ok, fine�" she says, rubbing the ointment in.

She notices Chrome, "Ch'rome, there's nothing in the Eggnog to the best of my knowledge, It was just a joke that I ran with for a bit to try to get a kiss out of Varam."

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-08-2001 06:45 PM:

As the song winds down, Dataran does not let go of Alliana.

His mind is occupied with the last lines of the song.

Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-08-2001 07:45 PM:

OOC: Okay... Lets try this one more time. Oh and just post what song you want to sing. Not the song lyrics itself...

IC: Back on stage once more, Grief tries to make up for his past mistake.

"Sorry folks. Small mishap there. Anyway as you can probably guess that the ducks are the prize of the winners for the karaoke concert. So if people sing their hearts out, they win a duck to be prepared in the fashion of their chosing." Grief announces, then turns to leave.

But then he pauses when he realizes he left something out. "Oh yeah. Only one constraint. The song must accurately describe yourself. The audience, if they think its appropraite, will give a point total. Good singing abilities are a plus. Oh and if you would be so kind, suggest a song for the next person."

Weird looks "Okay. For instance my chosen song is 'Who is this child?' By Trans-siberian orcherstra. As for the next performer..." Grief looks over the crowd and sees the flashy Owen "Owen singing the 'Respect' song by Aretha Franklin."

"So who wants to start it off first? Owen, you want to take up my suggestion?"

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-08-2001 08:28 PM:

*Note to self: Thank Paddock for the song later on.* Alliana thought happily, not even noticing that the song was ending. She did notice that Dataran seemed to be in a world of his own at the moment, so, opting for the almost sickeningly cute guise, she tucked her head under his chin and flipped back her ears.

"Penny for your thoughts..." she asked quietly.

Posted by Chrome (Member # 619) on 12-09-2001 12:19 AM:

Chrome looks at Vix and stands up.

"Oh - I wondered why I hadn't felt anything yet. Now, you see, Varam; if you had just gone along, I could have had one too! Of course, this way, we can have all the egg nog we want..."

He refills his cup, and watches the crowd.

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-09-2001 12:23 AM:

Dataran looks at Alliana, and then breaks his hold on her. Stepping back a few paces, he reaches into his pocket.

"Alliana, for fifteen days I have courted you. I ask now on this night that you accept this gift."

He pulls the box out of his pocket, and holds it open to Alliana. Inside is a bracelet, made of linked settings, five small gems wide; at the outside are diamonds, then smokey quartz, and finally at the center is a line of rubies. About half of the bracelet is jeweled, and while the clasps are fairly plain looking gold, they contain a berak-away mechanisim so the bracelet does not endanger her if caught on something.

Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-09-2001 12:31 AM:

quote:Originally posted by Chrome:
    Chrome looks at Vix and stands up.

"Oh - I wondered why I hadn't felt anything yet. Now, you see, Varam; if you had just gone along, I could have had one too! Of course, this way, we can have all the egg nog we want..."

He refills his cup, and watches the crowd.

Vix, considering the surroundings, removes the other item from her purse. A small tiara with a bouncy-spring antenna on it's front. She has attached a piece of mistletoe to the end of the antenna.

"If you really wanted one, then I suppose I've got another excuse here."

She nips around to Chrome, and puts on the tiara.

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-09-2001 12:48 AM:

Alliana's breath caught in her throat and she covered her mouth in pure surprise when she saw the bracelet sparkling in the open box, not totally believing that this was finally happening.

"I...I..." For the first time since she'd arrived at the Acad, Alliana was actually at a loss for words.

*You know the lines, Allie. You know how they go. Don't keep him waiting.*

Looking up from the braclet to Dataran, she stepped forward to close the short distance between them, the words already forming on her tongue. The same words her mother, and her mother before her had said in this situation.

"I accept your gift, Dataran, as I accept you; now and forever." she managed through the tears that were starting to pool in her eyes.

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-09-2001 12:55 AM:

Dataran removes the bracelet, laying it across his palms. Crouching down he brings it up to her, the formality of actually clasping it in acceptance being hers.
  Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-09-2001 01:47 AM:

Alliana lays the bracelet across her wrist, blinking her eyes a little to clear them. As her fingers find the clasp, she takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

*Remember, you said 'Now and forever'...*

"And I meant it!" she whispered fiercely, and pushed the two ends of the clasp together with a tiny click that sounded like a gunshot in her ears. "Every word."

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-09-2001 01:50 AM:

Dataran stands up, and holds her in a tender embrace.
  Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-09-2001 02:07 AM:

Looking up at him, she can't help but smile happily.

"Thank you." she whispered, returning the embrace. "Thank you for everything."

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-09-2001 02:16 AM:

Varam was relieved to the fact the eggnog wasn't drugged. He heard Chrome's and Vix's conversation, and responded.

"Alright, you two, go kiss as much as you want. I'm going to spend time with my one "true love"."

Of course, this meant Holocaust. Varam went over to the robot and stood there for a few minutes. However...

That's odd, I still feel like there's something missing. Why? Shouldn't I be happy? How come I still feel incomplete? I thought that Holocaust was a good idea. Is steel inadequate?

...Why...

...Why does this have to happen to me...

...why...

Posted by Chrome (Member # 619) on 12-09-2001 06:52 AM:

"Well, OK, Varam - Holocaust is a beauty, too, I suppose."

Chrome turns to Vix, giving her a friendly kiss on the nose. Meeting a new Gold fox still unnerved him, but Vix just didn' seem like an elite when you got to know her - except for a certain one he still missed...

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-09-2001 09:45 AM:

As the dance winds down, David notices the jeweled bracelet that Dataran gives to Alliana.
Yeesh. I suddenly feel inadequate.
  Posted by Timothy Pine (Member # 1184) on 12-09-2001 12:38 PM:

Making sure to end up near Dave and Sammantha at the end of the song, Tim looked over. "Yer a lucky guy Dave. I couldn't talk her into any of my malicious schemes."

Then Bowing to Spooky, Tim said with a smirk, "Thank you fer tha dance, If Dave starts feelin a bit to cockey, we'll have ta do again."

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-09-2001 04:21 PM:

Dave leads Sammantha out onto the floor in a simple, friendly dance.
    During the dance, he tried making friendlt talk. "So, how have you liked your first few months here?"

"It's been pretty fun, almost like living a Fantasy story. There's always something new to see, new people to meet. And I finally get to go to college without worrying about the 'PC police' keeping an eye on me because I'm from Georgia and have a Dad in the military. That Rayne guy sometimes gives me a hard time, but then again he does it to everyone.

"Mike had told me plenty about the Academy, including a certian night involving air ducts and underwear," she grins, "Of course, there were plenty of incidents he didn't mention or said little about, like Pavta," she giggles a bit, "or the time the girls from ED-40 doused him with fast-acting rogaine." She giggles louder, "I'll bet that was a sight. Was that just before they got 'Naired,' or just before they had to get into some pressure suits in a hurry, not knowing the insides were coated with glue?"

"*Cough*Oh great! Jus*gag, cough* when I got fin*sputter, cough*finished with my fourth *coughcough* glass of eggnog! Thanks a *cough* lot, David!"

That gets Sammantha giggling.

Making sure to end up near Dave and Sammantha at the end of the song, Tim looked over. "Yer a lucky guy Dave. I couldn't talk her into any of my malicious schemes."

Then Bowing to Spooky, Tim said with a smirk, "Thank you fer tha dance, If Dave starts feelin a bit to cockey, we'll have ta do again."

Sammantha curtsies to David, thanking him as well.

Vix, considering the surroundings, removes the other item from her purse. A small tiara with a bouncy-spring antenna on it's front. She has attached a piece of mistletoe to the end of the antenna.

"Hey Tim, look at Vixaria."

"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Lenisa (Member # 1222) on 12-09-2001 06:02 PM:

As the song comes to a close Owen with Tae and Kea on the hover sled behind him walks up beside lenisa "the hall ways are clear wana race, the kids'll love it , I woun't tell if you woun't"

Lenisa grins at the Shivae and nods. "Sure later, but right now I'm giving Teela a ride...Um, do you suppose you could wrap this piece of foil around my tail though? I think its a neat gift, and I want whoever gave it to me to know I like it." Scanning the room for expectant faces, she instead finds the scene between Dataran and Alliana. "Aw...it looks like there will be a wedding after all!"

Posted by Owen (Member # 1661) on 12-09-2001 06:10 PM:

"Sure thing" Owen replies wondering when Lenisa will open the gift he left for her and wraps the foil around her tail. Folowing her gaze he grins and thinks Gee love is in the air, but scratches nose isn't the human holiday for that 2 months off?
  Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-09-2001 06:18 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Chrome:
    "Well, OK, Varam - Holocaust is a beauty, too, I suppose."

Chrome turns to Vix, giving her a friendly kiss on the nose. Meeting a new Gold fox still unnerved him, but Vix just didn' seem like an elite when you got to know her - except for a certain one he still missed...

Vix politely returns the kiss, and turns to watch Varam and Holocaust.

"Well, I think its new paint job is beautiful, the black and gold go so well together," she says in an aside to Chrome.

Posted by Minku (Member # 1699) on 12-09-2001 06:26 PM:

Minku strode into the hall and amis the festivitys, his hight giving him clear view of everything. there was a happy energy in the air, it made him want to run..or fly. he knew the latter was just plain stupid, but as for the former...
he hadnt enjoyed a good race in a while, and he knew just who to do it with. Minku scanned heads until he found his fellow shivae, looking thoughtfully at a distant couple on the floor. he grinned. "jealous, Owen?" Minku joked, the red frills on his head riseing in good humor. "you look a little couped, care to stretch your legs" his voice took the turn of a friendly challenge
  Posted by Starcat5 (Member # 821) on 12-09-2001 06:44 PM:

"Well, that's bold." Fangs was watching Vix. while at the same time lifting his own piece of missle toe on the end of a stick over Dataran and Alliana. "I wonder if Sammantha is behind this... nah, this one's all Vix."
  Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-09-2001 07:18 PM:

It's been pretty fun, almost like living a Fantasy story. There's always something new to see, new people to meet. And I finally get to go to college without worrying about the 'PC police' keeping an eye on me because I'm from Georgia and have a Dad in the military. That Rayne guy sometimes gives me a hard time, but then again he does it to everyone.

"Mike had told me plenty about the Academy, including a certian night involving air ducts and underwear," she grins, "Of course, there were plenty of incidents he didn't mention or said little about, like Pavta," she giggles a bit, "or the time the girls from ED-40 doused him with fast-acting rogaine." She giggles louder, "I'll bet that was a sight. Was that just before they got 'Naired,' or just before they had to get into some pressure suits in a hurry, not knowing the insides were coated with glue?

"I can't exactly recall the sequence of events that happened back then. Lets just say they pissed off a few too many people, and got their just deserts."

"I'm happy to hear that. But as for another dance, sorry. You've had your turn. I'd like my own dance with this particular vision of loveliness thankyouverymuch."
He turns to Spooky. "That is okay with you, right, love?"

Sammantha curtsies to David, thanking him as well.

Dave returns with a slight bow. "It was fun."
  Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-09-2001 07:30 PM:

Dataran was already moving to kiss Alliana, and this was coincidental, but it looked almost rehearsed.

That is until Dataran's loving peck and nuzzle broke to a question, "Um, Fangs, what is that?"

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-09-2001 07:47 PM:

Alliana looked up and giggled a little.

"It's an old Terran tradition. Means you're supposed to kiss me, so get back here!" she scolded, sliding a hand behind his head and pulling him back to the kiss.

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-09-2001 07:51 PM:

Dataran murmers "Oh," before being pulled back down.
  Posted by Eve S. Dropper (Member # 1502) on 12-09-2001 08:26 PM:

Meanwhile over by Christmas tree...

Eve was discreetly rearranging a dozen or so presents to hide the powered down hover-cart underneath a good sized package.

It's tag read: To Spooky, From your fellow nocturnes

That's when she spotted the skunk plushie. Particularly since it moved. Most toys don't move on their own, now do they?

Before anything could interfere, she snagged the little skunk and held it firmly to inspect it.

"Aww... what a kyoote wittle skunkie. Are you somebody's present? I don't see a tag on you. I guess I'm just going to have to find out who you belong to..." She cuddles it against her chest.

Posted by Lenisa (Member # 1222) on 12-09-2001 09:18 PM:

"Sure thing" Owen replies wondering when Lenisa will open the gift he left for her and wraps the foil around her tail. Folowing her gaze he grins and thinks Gee love is in the air, but scratches nose isn't the human holiday for that 2 months off?

Lenisa giggles and prances a bit in place. "Wheee! I like it! What do you think Teela?" The Dingi girl riding in the wagon behind her just giggles. As she's about to get underway again, she spots another present addressed to her. "Oh wow! Um, hold on just a bit more, okay Teela?" She picks up the package and starts to unwrap it.

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-09-2001 09:26 PM:

Dave returns with a slight bow. "It was fun."

Sammantha smiles, "I'll leave you to your Christmas angel."

quote:Originally posted by Eve S. Dropper:

she snagged the little skunk and held it firmly to inspect it.

"Aww... what a kyoote wittle skunkie. Are you somebody's present? I don't see a tag on you. I guess I'm just going to have to find out who you belong to..." She cuddles it against her chest.

She hears Eve at the Christmas Tree, and looks over, "Awww... how cute. Now who is that for?"
"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-09-2001 10:32 PM:

Varam sits down, still shocked at his realization and unfufillment.

I thought Holocaust was perfect. The perfect match for me. The one who would take myy problems, and tear them through with a railgun blast. I feel so incomplete and empty, so isolated...

He then tilted his head downwards, and a single tear fell...

Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-10-2001 12:16 AM:

Paddock walked around the party for a bit, and was enjoying the festive atmosphere when he saw Holocaust sitting by the refreshments table.

"Varam..." he muttered. "Dammit, kin dat boy not leave de heavy artillery at HOME for once??" Paddock walked up to the robot and glanced around to the other side, where he spied Varam sitting on the ground.

"Hey Varam! What be de deal wit bringing a death machine to..." he stopped in mid-sentence when he saw Varam's face.

"Hey, you all right, mon?"

Posted by Eve S. Dropper (Member # 1502) on 12-10-2001 12:00 PM:

Turn it. Now I feel bad that I was considering asking Vix to dance, at least in an attempt to make the Black-boy jealous. Glitch thought, as he poured a glass of eggnog for himself, carefully keeping his expression neutral. If I had a lovely vixen like that chasing me... (mental sigh)

Just then, his sensitive ears caught the sound of Eve's "Kyoote" comment, despite the amount of noise in the room and the noise-filtering ear plugs he habitually wore. He winced, By the Ancient Ones, I'd know that tone of voice anywhere. Please let that not be Clive, I'll never here the end of it.

He quickly filled another cup with 'nog and started to work his way over towards her, like that had been his intention all along.

Posted by Sean (Member # 1727) on 12-10-2001 07:07 PM:

Unassumingly, or rather, as unassuming as a six foot five human with wings can, Sean pauses by the Egg Nog to help himself to a cup. He glances to the left, then to the right... and drops something inside of it once he's sure no-one is looking. The 'nog ripples from some sort of chemical reaction, but otherwise doesn't look any different.

** OOC, if someone hasn't done it already, be aware that anyone drinking the egg nog after Sean is going to wind up feeling a little funny. Not bad funny.. HYPER.

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-10-2001 07:30 PM:

Varam turns to Paddock

"No, everything's not okay. I feel like there's a damn hole in me. I thought that Holocaust here would fill that hole, but all it does is cover it up..."

Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-10-2001 07:43 PM:

"Ohh.." Paddock said, sitting down next to Varam. "So dat's what dis is about? I kin see dat."

Leaning back against Holocaust, Paddock smiled a little. "Tell me someting, mon: you ever had feelings for anyone? Anyone who had a pulse, I mean." He rapped on the machine behind him. "Dis don' count."

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-10-2001 08:02 PM:

"Uhhh...this white fox that I caught a glimpse of, once. Oh, she was so beautiful. But she's not here, to my knowledge..."
  Posted by Shadow (Member # 1707) on 12-10-2001 08:11 PM:

(OOC) Eh? What happened? I think I just joined in technically last year around day 3. Why are we already this far ahead? Help?
  Posted by Minku (Member # 1699) on 12-10-2001 08:16 PM:

ooc its a spoiler, an oppertunity for people to get a feel for their characters as though weve all known each other fopr a year. so we can just talk without worrying about introductions
  Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-10-2001 08:17 PM:

(ooc: Just walk in whenever, Shadow. The party isn't that far along yet.)

"Yeh, some of dem kin be downright gorgeous, neh?" he laughed. "Did you catch her name at all?"

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-10-2001 08:21 PM:

"Are you kidding? Unless I'm yelling at one that bothers me, I tend to go completely silent toward females. And please, don't tell any of my friends or roomates about this, otherwise they'd toy with me for as long as I live..."
  Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-10-2001 09:01 PM:

"Ya know, I pictured you as a lot of tings, but shy wasn't one o' dem!" Paddock chuckled. "Don' worry, I won' tell a soul, mon. But you gotta tell me, why are you afraid of dem? You been hurt?"
  Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-10-2001 09:13 PM:

"No, Just shy. I guess it's fear of being rejected. Plus, I guess, well, I've heard that white foxes are freaking royalty! If that's the case...She's probably got somebody arranged to marry her, and...it's hopeless for me. WHY! CRUEL WORLD, WHY!?"

Varam bangs on the floor a few times...

Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-10-2001 09:41 PM:

"Woah, woah..." Paddock grabbed Varam's shoulders. "Chill on de tile, mon!"

Letting go, he sat back again. "Look mon, you only saw a glimpse of her. For all you know, she could be a royal bi...um, pain in de tail. You don' even know who de hell she is, but you be beatin' yourself and de floor up over it!"

"Look, I'm gonna give ya a little advice on dis matter. Forget about de white fox. From what I'm hearin', dat was just pure physical attraction an' not much else. Ya built up someting in your mind dat ain't really dere at all."

Paddock glanced over his shoulder quickly. "But I tink I know a way teh get ya over yer shyness real quick-like, mon."

Posted by Shadow (Member # 1707) on 12-10-2001 10:01 PM:

OOC: As the door swing gently open, Shadow, wearing a nice dark grey suit with a red tie slowly walks through the door. For a moment he simply stands there glancing around the room, noticing the students he has come to know through the year as well as some of the staff members. Afterwards, he strolls on over to the Christmas tree, in all of its cheerful decorations, and recalls what he learned about the popular Terran tradition.

IC: Spotting Lenisa admiring the presents "So, I see you are enjoying the evening? And how is your young friend doing?"

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-10-2001 10:09 PM:

Varam stopped, and turned his head toward Paddock again.

"It's not like it would matter. I really doubt there's anyone out there for me. I guess I was engineered just to be hurt."

Posted by Shadow (Member # 1707) on 12-10-2001 10:20 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Eve S. Dropper:

IC: Overhearing Eve's reaction beside the tree, he turns aside "Greetings Eve. Is that your present or a friend of yours?"

Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-10-2001 10:26 PM:

Hearing Shadows voice, Grief cried out "Hey Shadow! Nice to see you."

"Not too many people are willing to do karaoke. How about you? I found that music thats really appropriate. Kung fu Fighting. Forgot who made it but it describes you to a T! So how about it?"

"Oh. And one more thing." Grief said, rotating his arm a full 360 degrees. "Its healing nicely now."

Posted by Thorn (Member # 1239) on 12-10-2001 10:28 PM:

Still humming softly, Thorn took a look around. Not seeing the person he was looking for, he made his way back over to the tree. Taking the last small package out of his sack, he started picking up anything addressed to him, putting them in the bag for opening at leisure. He paused at one particular, thin bundle. Lenisa and Pavta? Hmmm. Convenient...

He peered around again, making his way over to the food table. Hmmm, perhaps I should try this... it smells nice enough... Shrugging, he poured himself a glass of egg nog and took a sip.

{OOC: Hyper Thorn. Now that's a rarity... }

Posted by Shadow (Member # 1707) on 12-10-2001 10:34 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Gryphon_2:
    Hearing Shadows voice, Grief cried out "Hey Shadow! Nice to see you."

"Not too many people are willing to do karaoke. How about you? I found that music thats really appropriate. Kung fu Fighting. Forgot who made it but it describes you to a T! So how about it?"

"Oh. And one more thing." Grief said, rotating his arm a full 360 degrees. "Its healing nicely now."

"Hello again Grief. I am glad to hear that you will be fine. You are actually quite lucky after trying a move like that. Oh, and as for the song, I must decline, seeing as am not one particularly talented for the musical arts."

Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-10-2001 10:39 PM:

Varam stopped, and turned his head toward Paddock again.

"It's not like it would matter. I really doubt there's anyone out there for me. I guess I was engineered just to be hurt."

"Ah, dat's a load o' crap, mon! Nobody could be made just to suffer! It's not practical!" Paddock grinned.

"Look, I happen to know of somebody who seems to like you a lot. Problem is, you don't give her a chance. You judged her de minute you saw her... but I tink now you got a chance to undo all dat." He looked at him solemly, or at least as solemn as Paddock could look.

"And if ya don' know who I'm talkin about by now, I swear I'm gonna bite some sense into you."

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-10-2001 10:45 PM:

{edit}

"... WHY! CRUEL WORLD, WHY!?"

Varam bangs on the floor a few times...

Sammantha notices Varam's display, and wonders if he's ranting about the pranks played on him, Maybe I should just skip the stunt I planned for him. ...

On second thought, I'll just wait a little bit.
{/edit}

quote:Originally posted by Sean:
    Unassumingly, or rather, as unassuming as a six foot five human with wings can, Sean pauses by the Egg Nog to help himself to a cup.

Sammantha notices Sean (but not his deed). She decides to go over to him.

"Hello there Sean," she says to him, "So how's the 'Ambassador in training' doing?"

quote:Originally posted by Thorn:
    He peered around again, making his way over to the food table. Shrugging, he poured himself a glass of egg nog and took a sip.

{OOC: Hyper Thorn. Now that's a rarity... }

OOC - Do I smell smoke?

Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-10-2001 10:46 PM:

Shrugs "Yeah... Well... I'm only good at ground techniques and getaways. I've got a limited arsenal of tricks that I practice but those run out pretty quick as you've noticed. The specials, like the really funny one that earned me this shiner, I know how to do but my body hasn't yet."

"Still. Let me take you to the range one day and there I'll be the teacher and YOU the student."

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-10-2001 10:58 PM:

"I know what you mean, but you must understand my side of the story. I was brought up, afraid of Golds, seeing the genocide that was going on in the Fox territories. Once I learned that she wasn't genocidal, I learned that she was annoying. Yes, her obsession with me, and the actions that came with it, as I'd like to call it, is rather embarassing, frustrating, and annoying. Now do you understand why I didn't like her.
  Posted by Paddock (Member # 1434) on 12-10-2001 11:23 PM:

"Ahhh.." Paddock sighed. "Mon, did it ever occur to you dat maybe de reason she does dat is because she be trying to get your attention, mebbe even make you laugh every once in a while?"

He leaned back against the machine and closed his eyes for a moment. "I had a friend like dat back home named Leah Didaro. She acted almost exactly like Vix over dere, right down to the hugging deal." He grinned at the memory.

"Well, she'd been trying to catch de eye of dis fellow by de name of Will LaCroix for some time. She grew up wit him, ya see, and she'd had a crush on him for years. But ol' Will only saw her as a little sister of sorts, even dough dey were de same age."

Another grin. "Well, dat an' Will wasn't de sharpest knife in de drawer when it came to de ladies. But anyway, I found out Leah was really getting down about it, and went to have a little talk wit Will. Turns out ol' Will knew all along, it's just dat he didn't tink dat she was de right one fer him. He said that she was always actin' weird around him, kinda like Vix to you."

"Now, normally I try to keep out of de matchmaking deal. I prefer to let fate run its course with no interference, but dey bote had someting good, but dey didn't know it yet. So I told Will to basically just go talk to Leah about it and try to work someting out, even if it's only dat dey should just be friends; cause tings like dis, dey kin ruin you forevah, mon."

Paddock opened his eyes and looked over at Varam. "You understand what I'm tryin' to tell ya? Just go talk to her. Don' set terms, don' complain, jest go talk to her and see if maybe she's de one who fits dat hole. An' if she isn't, de worst ting dat you kin git out of it is another friend."

Paddock stood up slowly, brushing himself off. "But it's your choice, mon. I can't tell ya how to live or what ta do. Alls I kin do is let you in on my experience, and hope you make de right decision."

Posted by Eve S. Dropper (Member # 1502) on 12-11-2001 12:28 AM:

Eve froze for a moment, her eyes widening almost imperceptabily as the male jaguar addressed her casually and at being off-guard enough not to notice his approach. She had been so caught up in fussing over--or tormenting?--the little skunk, that it took her a minute to reply.

"Ah, no... I just found it under this tree, and it doesn't have a tag you see..." She started to babble slightly, until realizing that his attention had been diverted by Grief onstage. At the same time, her hands began to tighten, until the skunk in her hands gave an involuntary squeak. Eve eased her grip immediately.

"(Sigh), and just what do you have gotten into, Eve?" Glitch asked as he came up beside her, drinks in hand. Whew, its crowded in here, but at least I managed not to spill these drinks he thought.

The little skunk had an imploring look on it's face as it stared at Glitch.

"Nothing... Ooh, is that eggnog?" She replied evasively. "You chickened out, didn't you?" Eve hissed almost under her breath, so only Tarriq (Glitch) could hear.

"Yes it is. Here, I brought you some too. And I think that might be someone's pet, Eve." 'Riq replied lightly. The light flickered in the little skunk's eyes and he almost looked betrayed.

"No. Black-Boy is starting to get a clue, its better not to push him one way or the other. Worst case, I'll get him alone and break out a clue-by-four." Glitch hissed back.

"Well, if he's a pet, he must have gotten out of someone's room. I'll just hang on to him until the party's over or someone comes to claim him." Eve replied nochalantly, leading Tarriq over to a small table and chairs. She set the skunk down on the table, resting one hand on its back as she accepted the 'nog and sat down "We'll ID him by the pet-ID chip scanner I have."

"Hmph. At least we talked Camie out of dying him gold!" she hissed back.

Posted by Lenisa (Member # 1222) on 12-11-2001 12:37 AM:

quote:Originally posted by Shadow:
    Spotting Lenisa admiring the presents "So, I see you are enjoying the evening? And how is your young friend doing?"

As the Scythetail starts to unwrap her present from Owen, she glances back at Teela and giggles, "She's fine if a bit fidgety...I'd better get moving again." Reluctantly she hands the present back to Teela saying, "Take care of this for me, okay?" As she starts off again, she passes Thorn just standing up with her present and murmurs, "I hope you like it."

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-11-2001 12:41 AM:

Finally, Dataran comes up for air.

"Ok, I think I heard somehting about karaoke, then," he says flatly, looking for Grief.

Finally he spots him, gives Alliana a quick peck, and excuses himself for a moment.

Finally, arriving at the tree, he noses in a bit, "Grief, do you have Shameless by Billy Joel on that thing?"

Posted by Eve S. Dropper (Member # 1502) on 12-11-2001 01:03 AM:

"Well, there is a one less couple to speculate about now," Glitch smirked. "I don't know if you saw, Eve but Dat just proposed to Deuce on the dance floor."

"I saw, for the most part, but then again, how long have we known?" Eve smirked back, petting the little skunk firmly, as it looked on in despair.

Posted by Gryphon_2 (Member # 1372) on 12-11-2001 01:09 AM:

"No, but I have plenty of shameful ones by Billy Joel!" Grief joked heartily "Sure. Go ahead and sing your heart out."

"Now folks. Listen in and if you think it fits him, give him your yays and nays!"

Posted by DataBank (Member # 562) on 12-11-2001 01:18 AM:

Dataran gets up, and sings the "Shameless", fairly true to the original album rendition.

He puts a bit more heart into it than one would expect of him, especially the line "It's you world now, I can't refuse"

Much better than doing the "Maple Leaf Rag", Dataran thinks when done with the song, and awaits the response of the audience.

Posted by Alliana T'sari (Member # 1648) on 12-11-2001 01:24 AM:

Finally, Dataran comes up for air.

"Ok, I think I heard somehting about karaoke, then," he says flatly, looking for Grief.

Finally he spots him, gives Alliana a quick peck, and excuses himself for a moment.

Finally, arriving at the tree, he noses in a bit, "Grief, do you have Shameless by Billy Joel on that thing?"

Alliana just stands there for a moment, still recovering from what just happened; a huge grin plastered across her face.

NOW I remember why I love him! He could melt the icecaps with those kisses!

Stepping over to the refreshments table, she pours herself a glass of eggnog and turns to watch Dataran do his thing onstage.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..." she sung quietly, unable to stop smiling as she sipped on the eggnog.

This is about the time Dataran decides to sing that Billy Joel song, and Alliana's smile breaks into a full blown grin again.

"YEAH!! I GIVE IT A 'TEN'!!" she called from across the cafeteria when the song was finished.
(OOC: Sean, you have just created a monster! )

Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-11-2001 03:15 AM:

Unassumingly, or rather, as unassuming as a six foot five human with wings can, Sean pauses by the Egg Nog to help himself to a cup. He glances to the left, then to the right... and drops something inside of it once he's sure no-one is looking. The 'nog ripples from some sort of chemical reaction, but otherwise doesn't look any different.

Vix, standing on the other side of the table looking at Chrome, can't see what Sean does.

As he leaves, her ears twitch a few times to releave anxiety, and then she gets two cups of eggnog.

Hearign Varam's comments, she slinks over, removing the tiara and slipping it back into her bag.

Behind Varam, she mouths to Paddock, "Here," while placing the eggnog, which Chrome can vouch she has never added anything to, on top of the monstros- I mean Holocaust.

*Now, let's see what that winged rat did�* she thinks, tiptoeing off.

Posted by Sean (Member # 1727) on 12-11-2001 07:39 AM:

Sean smiles at Samantha, taking a sip of his egg nog before responding and taking a step away from the bowl, as though doing it to not be in the way, "Oh, I'm doing great, Samantha. Nice party, isn't it?"

It wouldn't do to stand too near it. It's better to play the part of the casual observer and not look like you're observing and chatting is the perfect cover. "What do you think of it?"

Posted by Owen (Member # 1661) on 12-11-2001 11:33 AM:

As Dat steps down from the stage Owen and Minku step forward being the talking member of the pair he talkes the mike and explains
"Everyone here has seen the traditional Shivae dance held where shivae participate in a dance of unique and unknown origin to a stylized set of growels produced by musitions, well mink and I will be doing our own version and gee we don't need instraments"

Once everyone cleared the dance floor minku and owen started circleing each other letting out hisses and snarls and in a flash the two seemed to be attacking each other. While lacking the formal style of parade trained shivae they put alot more feeling into it and the noises they made seemed to have more feeling. Twards the end minku "acidentily" opened owen up with a shallow wound that would provide a heroic looking scar when healed, the two continued as if not noticing moving in ways normaly un seen due to the lighter gravity. Finaly minku closed the dance by assuming what appeared to be a submisive stance.

After he got up the two took a formal bow with owen seeming slightly pixalated even though he hand't had anything from the spiked drinks of the evening

Posted by Starcat5 (Member # 821) on 12-11-2001 12:48 PM:

"God Bless the Child who Suffers."

Fangs had somehow managed to sneak on stage, without the wheelchair. *Shrug*

Posted by Sean (Member # 1727) on 12-11-2001 01:04 PM:

Sean seems quite amused by something, grinning as though pleased with himself the entire time he's speaking with Samantha. He's also slowly moving AWAY from the table.

If he were really one of truly malicious intent he'd have already turned this party upside down, but he's content with mild mayhem and mischief that can't be easily traced to him. Unfortunately, his brother is now standing by the table and helping himself to something to drink... egg nog.

Stephen gives his twin a look and after a moments hesitation decides it's safe enough. Elsewhere in the room, Cilke is standing by the tree, looking at it, captivated by the shiney lights of course.

Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-11-2001 01:32 PM:

Vixaria has come full circle from her eggnog delivery, brushing past Samantha and Sean, she stops at Stephan, to whisper in his ear.

"I've got a tiara with a sprig of mistletoe attached, considering that Sammantha's right there, I'm sure you could have some fun with that."

She takes a glass of punch, and tosses a popcorn ball at Chrome. If she gets his attention, she coughs and jerks her head over to the tree� and Cilke.

Posted by Sean (Member # 1727) on 12-11-2001 01:46 PM:

Stephen looks suddenly VERY intrigued. He looks at Samantha, then steps next to Vixaria, "Really now? And what you be planning with such a thing ON you right now?"
  Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-11-2001 01:53 PM:

"Varam," she says, expecting that to explain it all.

She looks over at the discussion beside the robot, and back to Stephan, "Looks like I won't get much of a chance to use it right now, so someone might as well."

She flashes the grin that both herself and Alliana are known for.

Posted by Shadow (Member # 1707) on 12-11-2001 02:21 PM:

OOC: After speaking with Lenisa and Eve, Shadow stands by the tree watching the karaoke on stage as well as Owen's and Minku's display on the dance floor. He applaudes both along with the rest of the crowd. Then he starts looking around the room again. He now notices Cilke standing by the tree and greets her as well.

IC: "Greetings Cilke. I have not seen you around that often. Are your sisters here as well? I admit I am impressed at how well this tree was decorated for the party. It must have been time consuming to finish it, but they no doubt enjoyed doing it." He says while trying to get into the festive mood.

Posted by Chrome (Member # 619) on 12-11-2001 03:33 PM:

Chrome is sitting staring into his egg nog when the popcorn ball lands in his lap. He blinks at it, then looks up at Vix, then over at the tree; then nearly spills his cup. Jumping up, he sets the cup down and moves quickly over to the tree, pulling up alongside Cilke.

*Oh, oh - a big mountie's talking to her - never mind, it's a party; of course people are talking!*

"Hi, Cilke! I'm so glad you made it!"

He puts on his best smile and continues, his tail swishing nervously.

"Isn't the tree gorgeous? I particularly like the special ornaments people have been adding! Um, have you looked under it?"

His eyes stray for a moment to the large box wrapped in white paper and black ribbon, with the tag reading "For Cilke, From Chrome."

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-11-2001 05:39 PM:

Sean smiles at Samantha, taking a sip of his egg nog before responding and taking a step away from the bowl, as though doing it to not be in the way, "Oh, I'm doing great, Samantha. Nice party, isn't it?"

It wouldn't do to stand too near it. It's better to play the part of the casual observer and not look like you're observing and chatting is the perfect cover. "What do you think of it?"

Sammantha's face is expressionless for a moment, then breaks out in a grin, "Ooooohhhh."

As Dat steps down from the stage Owen and Minku step forward ...

Sammantha looks at Minku and Owen's dance with interest, expressing some concern when Owen gets sliced. It's quickly obvious it's part of the act, though she's no longer smiling. She applauds when the dance is done.

Sean seems quite amused by something, grinning as though pleased with himself the entire time he's speaking with Samantha. He's also slowly moving AWAY from the table.

Unfortunately, his brother is now standing by the table and helping himself to something to drink... egg nog. Stephen gives his twin a look and after a moments hesitation decides it's safe enough. Elsewhere in the room, Cilke is standing by the tree, looking at it, captivated by the shiney lights of course.

Sammantha moves along with him, going along with the joke. She does her best to supress a giggle when Stephen takes some eggnog. She notes Cilke looking at the tree, Looks like someone appreciates the oraments and lights I put on it.

Vixaria has come full circle from her eggnog delivery, brushing past Samantha and Sean.

Sammantha notes her tiara, "Uh oh, look out Varam." She grins somewhat devilishly, anticipating some fun between him and the vixen.

She stops at Stephan, to whisper in his ear, "I've got a tiara with a sprig of mistletoe attached, considering that Sammantha's right there, I'm sure you could have some fun with that."

Stephen looks suddenly VERY intrigued. He looks at Samantha, then steps next to Vixaria, "Really now? And what you be planning with such a thing ON you right now?"

"Varam," she says, expecting that to explain it all.

She looks over at the discussion beside the robot, and back to Stephan, "Looks like I won't get much of a chance to use it right now, so someone might as well."

She flashes the grin that both herself and Alliana are known for.

Sammantha notes the whispering, Stephen's expression and glance at her, then Vixaria's grin. She puts two and two together ...

While she wouldn't mind a kiss from Stephen, she also saw a chance for a little fun.

She whispers to Sean, "About your brother, I think he's about to try and have a little mischief with some mistletoe. I wonder, how can we turn the tables on him?"

"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Sean (Member # 1727) on 12-11-2001 06:04 PM:

Cilke smiles at Shadow, well, she's always smiling, "Chatin's here somewhere... and I think I saw Quinn over there trying to keep tabs on Outback..." She then looks at the tree and the lights, obviously completely absorbed in them, "OH yes!!! I love this time of year! I love it when we get to do Earth things.. and I ... really.. really.. love candy canes!" She reaches out and snags one off the tree as she says so. "Have you had one, they're really good and minty!"

Then she notices Chrome standing by her, "Minty!" She giggles at her own little comment. "Thank you, Chrome, I was a bit late because I had to drop off some things...!" Presents. Cilke. Presents. She blinks. The white skunk had forgotten that there MIGHT be presents under the tree for for her. She kneels forward to see what Chrome is looking for and sticks the straight end of the candy cane in her mouth, "Ohh.. Chrome!" She squeals, pleasantly surprised and retrieves the gift.

Meanwhile, Sean glances over his shoulder at Stephen, "Heh.. always up to no good." He blinks innocently and nods to Samantha, "And what would you have in mind... that I can help with?" Picking on his brother is just the thing to make this even more fun... and draw attention away from the gradually sugar-induced energy beginning to spread through the room.

Unfortunately, while Sean has his back turned, Stephen has taken the tiara from Vixaria and has it behind his back,... heading for Sean and Samantha while looking off to the side.

Posted by Lenisa (Member # 1222) on 12-11-2001 06:29 PM:

Lenisa continues her circuit of the room smiling and greeting people as she passes them with Duske perched on her back. Much to the delight of her young passenger, she swings past the refreshments to snag a couple cookies - one she splits with Duske while she tosses the other back to the Digni girl. As she progresses around the room, her chosen route gives her and her passenger a good look at the Shivae dance Owen and Minku put on, and Teela oohs and bounces excitedly in the wagon then applauds at the end.

Finally, she returns Teela to her parents, but before Lenisa can walk off, the Digni calls out, "Don't you want your present, 'Nisa?" Blushing at her own carelessness, the Scythetail retrieves Owen's gift to her and giggles, "Thanks, Teela, I almost forgot."

She sits down right where she is and finishes unwrapping the present. Beneath the shiney green foil is a black velvet box, and within the box is a silver necklace with a heart-shaped pendant. She blinks a few times before slowly lifting the necklace out, and a small smile tugs at her lips. Fastening the necklace around her neck, she turns that bemused smile on Graum and his family saying, "Excuse me...there's something I need to do." She trots off to one side where she leaves her wagon then hurries over to Owen as quickly as she can without bowling people over. "Was there something you wanted to tell me?" she asks with her familiar huge grin.

Posted by Shadow (Member # 1707) on 12-11-2001 07:47 PM:

Cilke smiles at Shadow, well, she's always smiling, "Chatin's here somewhere... and I think I saw Quinn over there trying to keep tabs on Outback..." She then looks at the tree and the lights, obviously completely absorbed in them, "OH yes!!! I love this time of year! I love it when we get to do Earth things.. and I ... really.. really.. love candy canes!" She reaches out and snags one off the tree as she says so. "Have you had one, they're really good and minty!"

"I don't believe I have. You called them candy canes? Hmm. Oh, hello Chrome. Are you enjoying the party?" He notices Chrome's excitement when Cilke reaches under the tree.
"Well, have fun, both of you. I think I will check the dinner table."

Posted by Owen (Member # 1661) on 12-11-2001 07:55 PM:

Owen noticing that Lenisa is wearing the neclace and smileing broadly freazes in place. For a brief moment there seems to be a translator maulfunction as his mouth moves but no sound results. Finaly he grins and steps forward only to fall flat on his face (or the closes aproximation a reptiloid can).
  Posted by Starcat5 (Member # 821) on 12-11-2001 08:51 PM:

Realizing that he had missed the kerokee, he hops back off the stage in descust and sits back down in his wheel chair.
  Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-11-2001 08:55 PM:

Meanwhile, Sean glances over his shoulder at Stephen, "Heh.. always up to no good." He blinks innocently and nods to Samantha, "And what would you have in mind... that I can help with?"

Unfortunately, while Sean has his back turned, Stephen has taken the tiara from Vixaria and has it behind his back,... heading for Sean and Samantha while looking off to the side.

Bite me, not a lot of time.

"Right now, just stall him for a minute."

She goes off, sees Tim, and heads over.

"Hey Tim," her voice then turns to a whisper, "I don't suppose you could convince a couple of your vixen friends to help me out with a little 'ambush' involving Stephen and some mistletoe." she carefully points him out, trying not to be to obvious to Stephen, "See that tiara with that mistletoe at the end? Guess who he plans to use it on?"

She then pulls another peice of mistletoe from her purse, "I was going to use this on Varam when Vixaria was nearby, but it's good for what I have planned." she grins, "If you can get a couple of your friends standing close by, when he tries to sneak up on me, I'll turn and hang this over him at the last second, and then your friends move in. Nothing too much, just a couple pecks on the cheeks should be enough for the surprise." Now if only Mikey were here with his camera.

--------

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [Public] [Cafeteria] Christmas/Resolutions Day Party 2002 continued
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:30:19 pm »
Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-11-2001 08:55 PM:

Meanwhile, Sean glances over his shoulder at Stephen, "Heh.. always up to no good." He blinks innocently and nods to Samantha, "And what would you have in mind... that I can help with?"

Bite me, not a lot of time.

"Right now, just stall him for a minute."

She goes off, sees Tim, and heads over.

"Hey Tim," her voice then turns to a whisper, "I don't suppose you could convince a couple of your vixen friends to help me out with a little 'ambush' involving Stephen and some mistletoe." she carefully points him out, trying not to be to obvious to Stephen, "See that tiara with that mistletoe at the end? Guess who he plans to use it on?"

She then pulls another peice of mistletoe from her purse, "I was going to use this on Varam when Vixaria was nearby, but it's good for what I have planned." she grins, "If you can get a couple of your friends standing close by, when he tries to sneak up on me, I'll turn and hang this over him at the last second, and then your friends move in. Nothing too much, just a couple pecks on the cheeks should be enough for the surprise." Now if only Mikey were here with his camera.

"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-11-2001 09:15 PM:

Vix watches this with a slight grin.

*Oh, this is perfect�* she thinks, watching Sammantha move off.

*Chrome's doing well, and that just leaves Varam.*

A chirping on her datapad distracts her.

*What the�* reading the pad, her ears fall down as her jaw goes slack.

"She didn't�" she utters, re-reading the message. "She did."

Standing beside Alliana, she taps out a message:

quote:Saria,

I'm in the main cafeteria, follow the instructions on the walls. Look forward to seeing you and Tsara, it's been ages.

She knocks back her glass of punch and goes for another.

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-11-2001 09:21 PM:

Dave overhears snippits of the conversation between Sammantha and Tim going on by the refreshment table. He turns towards Spooky. "Excuse me for a moment, love."
He heads over and pours himself a cup of eggnog.
He looks at Sammantha. "After you're done with your mistletoe, mind if I borrow it for a few moments?"
:edit:
He then notices Vix walk up beside him and start downing the punch. "Something up?"
  Posted by Sean (Member # 1727) on 12-11-2001 09:24 PM:

Sean watches Samantha go off and turns to see where Stephen is so he can slow him down a little. There's just one problem, Stephen's target was NOT Samantha.

It's Sean.

And Stephen's quick. He gets right behind Sean, between his wings and grabs a handful of his strawberry blonde hair, yanking it sharply.

"Yaagh!" Sean yelps and turns to grab for his brother, giving Stephen just enough time to slap the tiara onto Sean's forehead and shove him in Samantha's direction.

Posted by Minku (Member # 1699) on 12-11-2001 09:25 PM:

Minku stepped down from the direct line of sight and gave owen a nod of congratualtions. Owen, however, seemed a little preoccupied with a certain scythtail playing piggy back and wearing a rather attractive neckless. Minku smiled inwardly, something he wouldnt have been able to do a year a go. "amazing how things change" he though. Lenisa was now a good friend, and if she could see the pherimones Owen was giving off unitentionally right now she would be blushing almost luminesently. Minku chuckled, and wished Owen luck
  Posted by Timothy Pine (Member # 1184) on 12-11-2001 09:30 PM:

"If you can get a couple of your friends standing close by, when he tries to sneak up on me, I'll turn and hang this over him at the last second, and then your friends move in."

"No time Sammantha. Don't worry, just stand next to me."

Posted by Chrome (Member # 619) on 12-11-2001 09:40 PM:

quote:Originally posted by Cilke:

Then she notices Chrome standing by her, "Minty!" She giggles at her own little comment. "Thank you, Chrome, I was a bit late because I had to drop off some things...!" Presents. Cilke. Presents. She blinks. The white skunk had forgotten that there MIGHT be presents under the tree for for her. She kneels forward to see what Chrome is looking for and sticks the straight end of the candy cane in her mouth, "Ohh.. Chrome!" She squeals, pleasantly surprised and retrieves the gift.

Chrome ear blushes a bit at Minty, but decides Cilke can call him anything she wants to. He nods to Shadow, barely able to look away form Cilke and the package.

"Hi, Shadow - yes, the party's looking up!"

He stands closer to her, all trace of his earlier serioiusness gone.

Posted by Varam Rathien (Member # 1189) on 12-11-2001 09:53 PM:

Varam, in hearing the story, sits there and blinks a few times. Then...

"I've talked to her, and I didn't really get any feelings. She's not my type. Hmmmm...Maybe THAT'S IT! I'll just tell her that she isn't the one for me! Ingenious! Thanks, Pad."

Posted by Timothy Pine (Member # 1184) on 12-11-2001 09:55 PM:

just enough time to slap the tiara onto Sean's forehead and shove him in Samantha's direction.

Tim 'accedently' gets into Seans way. "Oh, hi Sean. Huh, You gotta be kidden me! mistletoe? And bumpin into me? Well, I don't know if I am holdin with all'a these new touchy-feely twists that these martian's keep puttin on our traditions but I guess that in the spirit of tha holidays and all that ..." Tim grabs Sean and gives him a full on the lips kiss. Then steps back and spits with a disgusted face "Nope, definately not the same." spit, spit, "I think we outta just keep that one tha traditional way, don't ya think?"

Then turning back to Sammantha with an evil grin and whispered "It was Sean, not his brother but I don't think that he'll try that again."

Posted by David Stevenson (Member # 1191) on 12-11-2001 10:19 PM:

Tim 'accedently' gets into Seans way. "Oh, hi Sean. Huh, You gotta be kidden me! mistletoe? And bumpin into me? Well, I don't know if I am holdin with all'a these new touchy-feely twists that these martian's keep puttin on our traditions but I guess that in the spirit of tha holidays and all that ..." Tim grabs Sean and gives him a full on the lips kiss. Then steps back and spits with a disgusted face "Nope, definately not the same." spit, spit, "I think we outta just keep that one tha traditional way, don't ya think?"

With a WTF expression on his face, Dave just wordlessle shakes his head at Tim.
  Posted by Sean (Member # 1727) on 12-11-2001 10:20 PM:

Cilke carefully unwraps the package, the entire time talking to Chrome, "You shouldn't have! That's so sweet and thoughtful!"

Elsewhere in the room, Sean, having been taken by surprise in more than one way, stands there, a look of utter shock on his face and a crimson shade rapidly spreading over his cheeks. "Squid!" He blurts, "I'm going to KILL you, Stephen!" Sean turns quickly, looking for his brother, .. who has smartly gotten out of sight.

Posted by Sammantha Powers (Member # 1601) on 12-11-2001 10:21 PM:

He looks at Sammantha. "After you're done with your mistletoe, mind if I borrow it for a few moments?"

"Certianly, just wait until we take care of Stephen."

But events take a different than expected course ...

"It was Sean, not his brother but I don't think that he'll try that again."

Sammantha blinks, Well, that turned out a bit different than expected. Then she turns to Tim, "You are so evil , " she grins, "but funny."

She then goes over to Sean and removes the tiara, but not before giving him a peck on the cheek, "Sorry about that."

"You're at WHERE?! "

Posted by Sean (Member # 1727) on 12-11-2001 10:24 PM:

Sean looks a bit more surprised as Samantha removes the offending object, and extremely hurt at the same time because he hadn't intended on looking like a complete and total idiot, especially when he couldn't do anything to stop it.
  Posted by Eve S. Dropper (Member # 1502) on 12-11-2001 10:26 PM:

Glitch valiantly tried to surpress laughter, watching from their vantage point at the happenings by the punch bowl and at the tree. The worst part is the fact that Eve is calmly sitting next to him, humming a naughty Mounty courting song that they both knew.

"Now I wish that Camie (hee) hadn't volunteered to (hee) go back to Cyantia with that delegation for a week. (hee) She would have loved all (hee) this. Heck, s(hee)'d be right in the middle with the mistletoe." Glitch managed out.

"Mmm, yes she would. And to think Poobah was worried that we might have to back up security if things got tense." Eve replied slyly, "Speaking of tailers, where is that bunny Pavta? She's not the type to miss a party like this."

As they were speaking, Eve's hand slipped away from petting the little skunk, and the table started to move ever so slowly outward, until it was right in to the two Cyantian skunks view, framed in a puddle of light. The skunk never moved as the table was being pushed, but it's little eyes seemed to dart everywhere.

Posted by Mike (Member # 1065) on 12-11-2001 10:30 PM:

Mike enters the cafeteria with the bag of presents. The one on top is the named one, To Sammantha, From Mike . But the present is not wrapped like the others, but a seperately wrapped box and lid. And unseen to others, the side toward Mike has some air holes.

He heads to the Christmas Tree, and sees Chrome there, with Cilke. Noting they seem to be talking, he decides to wait a minute before placing the presents, save one.

He happens to see Sammantha and Sean together, with Stephen creeping up. Anticipating some mischief, he gets his camera ready, and gets a shot of Tim's "creative interperatation" of the mistletoe tradition, and a few of Sean blowing his top and finally being consoled by Sammantha.

"Tis the Season." he says to no one in particular.

Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-11-2001 10:39 PM:

Elsewhere in the room, Sean, having been taken by surprise in more than one way, stands there, a look of utter shock on his face and a crimson shade rapidly spreading over his cheeks. "Squid!" He blurts, "I'm going to KILL you, Stephen!" Sean turns quickly, looking for his brother, .. who has smartly gotten out of sight.

Vix is awoken from her punch feeding by Sean's exclamation.

She didn't exactly rush over, but made her way over while looking as official as she can.

*If I play this exactly right, I'm as good as my fur color.* Being a rich, true Gold of what was deemed "obviously pure" blood, that is pretty darned Gold.

"Sean, it looks like you're having problems with your troublesome brother, may my tracking skills be of assistance?" she says to his back, while winking at Sammantha and party.

"Or perhaps my functionality as security�"

Her face is as solid as Torcias's, but there is a twinge of delight in her voice. Understandable for someone who spends a great deal of her working hours catching pranksters, and has little "Stephan" outlines on her Datapad.

Posted by Lenisa (Member # 1222) on 12-11-2001 10:49 PM:

Owen noticing that Lenisa is wearing the neclace and smileing broadly freazes in place. For a brief moment there seems to be a translator maulfunction as his mouth moves but no sound results. Finaly he grins and steps forward only to fall flat on his face (or the closes aproximation a reptiloid can).

Lenisa darts forwards and cups her hand under Owen's chin just before it would have smacked the floor. Barely holding back a giggle, she comments, "You know, 'falling for someone' is only an expression." Not for lack of friendliness, but rather for a certain emerald and obsidian distraction does she fail to greet Minku.

Posted by Vixaria Malonis (Member # 1366) on 12-11-2001 10:54 PM:

Two Gold Vixens enter the room, one of them around 14 years old, the other� well you don't ask a lady that.

What are their intentions?

Who are they here for?

What are their names?

Will Varam hava a heart attack?

Tune in next thread, where I try to answer these questions.

I will edit this post to include a link to it when I finish starting Part 3!

[edit]And, here's the link. http://nice.purrsia.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=32&t=000154&counterhit=yes
[/edit]