Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Seasonal Feastival [Planning]  (Read 2961 times)

hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
Re: Seasonal Feastival [Planning]
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 10:54:54 PM »

Hammer was loving the attention, and gladly accepted the invitation of a shoulder and more petting.

Nevix listened (again) and couldn't help but chuckle at Trinam's introduction. He then replied, with mirth in his voice, "You should hear some of the titles I've gained. I'll tell you them another time." As Nevix continued, some of the mirth left his voice, as he'd had his laugh at the introduction: "As for the familiars, I think they're further along because they're so specialized. I'm also pretty sure they're copied from older technology as well. Plus, it's easier to design a full body that to make a fake limb look real while remaining functional."

Spiral, in the meantime, had grown jealous of the attention Trinam was lavishing upon Hammer, and left Nevix shoulder to join him.
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 11:29:21 PM »

"That's true!  Small size requires the kind of detail and attention you can lack in big things and get away with it.  Which is sad, but true."  She happily continued to stroke Hammer but her eyes snapped to Spiral when he moved and she excitedly reached her hand out as he flitted over.  With both of them lavishing attention on her, her fluffy tail flipped about happily and she giggled before settling into a light nearly inaudible purr.  But she set heavily lidded eyes on Nevix with a knowing smile.  Sidling over, she stood next to him on the other side of the waiting line rope and leaned up to whisper in his ear.  "Well, Mr. Swordsman, you certainly seem honorable, so I'll make a deal." She grinned. "You leave me these two for tonight and I'll tell you my secret identity."
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student
Soida Hopea/Fox (blue)/31/Music Professor
Tejaswi Calumb/Equine/20/2nd year Whitesmith and Art minor
Fejin Majinai/Taboa/19/2nd year Music major, Martial Artist
Sriek Denae/Wolf/28/Professor of Voice Performance, part time Speech Therapist

Forum progenitor of just about everything dark/mature.
devArt

hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »

Nevix was nonplussed for a moment, before rallying. He crossed his arms and said. "Oh? What would you do with pair of familiars for a night?" Nevix was taken aback as well. He'd not often heard of other technomages loaning out their familiars at all, let alone for a secret identity! But he decided to hear the odd little feline out while making an offer of his own. "And, since we're making offers, why don't you join me in going through the haunted house instead? I'll consider having Hammer stay with you for some of the night if you do!"

There hadn't been many additions to the line. There was a rabbit couple who seemed as much into each other as the holiday, and a sullen wolf teen with his parents, none of which seemed like they were anything close to good company. The oddly forward feline girl seemed his best bet for conversation and to have someone to tease about being scared.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:38:55 AM by hariman »
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

St Anger

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 12:31:27 AM »

"My, we are all over the place today, aren't we?" Altius said, bemused. "I think I would like to keep my wolfishness; I am rather attached to it. But scents, eh? Sounds amusing. Do you have any good ones? And by good, I mean interesting?"
'An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded'

David Kelly O'Neill, 26, Human, Refugee
Altius Caelis Aeschyr, 27, Wolf, Teaching Assistant/Demonstrator

Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 01:56:34 AM »

"Have fun," she said innocently, shrugging. "It's not like I can use them or anything, but then I can claim my costume is the wisp-piper instead of overworked engineering student."  She gave the two cuddly things some more scritches while she listened to his proposal.  She opened her mouth to answer but then the frightened noises that came from inside suddenly shrieked and howled in terror and a couple of the first group came scrambling out of one of the emergency exits, tangled in each other for a moment before they could kick free and run yelping away into the carnival.  Trinam watched, fur bristled in reaction to their reaction and not because she was scared of what might be in there.  Her classmates popped out in the distance and gave her an enthusiastic thumbs up.

"You know," she said, looking back up to Nevix with a smile. "I know you need them, but I'll go through with you anyway.  I'm Trinam Orinu, by the way."
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student
Soida Hopea/Fox (blue)/31/Music Professor
Tejaswi Calumb/Equine/20/2nd year Whitesmith and Art minor
Fejin Majinai/Taboa/19/2nd year Music major, Martial Artist
Sriek Denae/Wolf/28/Professor of Voice Performance, part time Speech Therapist

Forum progenitor of just about everything dark/mature.
devArt

hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 02:27:12 AM »

Nevix raises an eyebrow and laughs at the "wisp piper" costume idea. When the screams of terror erupted from the tunnel, Nevix turned to face them, momentarily forgetting to maintain character. Still, once again, he couldn't help but smirk.

He listened to the rest of Trinam's reply and then said: "Need them? Hardly!" Nevix was fully back in character now. "I just like having them along." It wasn't wholly a lie, but neither was the statement fully true. "It seems we might not have long to wait, and your impeccable overworked engineer student reminds me of when I disguised myself as an irate close combat teacher who needed to blow off some steam. They say I got into that role too well that day."

Both Hammer and Spiral were engrossed in Trinam's attention for the moment. And neither reacted to the comment that they weren't needed.

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
    • Ivy Trellis's SL store!
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 06:39:47 PM »

Keijai eyed the wolf thoughtfully. "Interesting, eh? Well, I suppose it depends on what you call interesting. For example, I like a good lot of the natural scents, like those of environments, or a variety of artificial ones, generally quite mild."

"We also have a handful of products that are meant make you attractive to potential dates." Samira added. "Honestly, I think that's why I'm so affectionate with him today," she purred.

Keijai smiled. "Guilty."
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Xi Li Kai, 17, Rifier, linguistics student. APPROVED room 04-N440
Carrie Foxx, 16?, caracal mounty, AMIB agent (captured) APPROVED
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix
Fur Affinity ~ Deviant Art
Also: ShivaeWiki!

St Anger

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 10:27:37 PM »

"Really? Do you have samples? I would like to try an experiment; something natural on my left wrist and something attractive on the right. I will go gallivanting around the festivities, investigate the scary abode, and return with the results. And buy some shampoo, because I believe I am running low as it is." Altius proposed.

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 11:51:14 PM »

Keijai grinned at the wolf, reaching down and selecting a few samples of shampoo and scents. "These are a few of the most popular products, and among them, these are my favorites. This is what I'm wearing right now," he said, indicating one.

"I knew it!" Samira declared, prodding the fox in the chest. "I ought to expect a feline scent from you, Fellie. Just wait until some tigress decides to give you kissing lessons."

"After that wolf I'd consider it. He didn't seem all that pleased." He frowned.

Samira laughed. "That really was the best story I've ever heard," she giggled.
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix

Shippou-chan

• King of Foxes & NPCs
  • Administrator
  • Postaholic
  • Chatin Suiter #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 08:10:53 PM »

Noiya returned in her mobile cart.  "So, how are the refreshments so far?  I hear you've done some good work with this project."

Krytus and Bella followed behind her, each carrying the stuff for a refreshment booth just outside the scare attraction.

"I wish I could join in the fun."  Bella lamented, "but I'm on duty for the event.  Don't scare them too badly, Darling."  Her false Skunk tail was something to behold, and even came with a light blueberry scent for realism.

"Oh, but that's the fun part."  Krytus replied with a grin.  His clothing was tattered nearly to shreds, and there were touchs of soil and local flora scattered about his fur, as though he had just been dug up.  "The students will enjoy being scared by me for once.  How's everything going?"  Krytus looked around for the mad scientist who was to be his victim.
The Fidael Family - Noiya, Taisha, Rutilus, Rokfriez, and Double-Q
Rifalia Mekiska - Socialite Revolutionary
Leikki Biegle - Painfully Shy Mouse Mechanic
Amala Kanara - Highly Competitive and Mischievous Special Ops Cheetah
Rhiadi Kaelynn - Graduate Level Education Major
Krytus Yami - Intimidating Security Personnel
Jyala Oppa - Cheerful Otter Athlete
Sharib Akhim - Shelved - Proud and Grumpy Ram (but not a bad guy)
Fictional Characters - Such as Ruti might read.

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 02:52:19 AM »

"Down here," a slightly irritable voice announced, guiding the massive wolf's attention almost straight down. The speaker was an adorable fennec, garbed in a long, white lab coat, black pants, and a pair of goggles strapped about her forehead. Yanoi had smudged a variety of stains onto her lab coat, apparently to her displeasure. With a very official-looking motion, she placed the goggles over her eyes and provided a most sinister grin, rubbing gloved hands together with her huge ears up and to the sides. She began to laugh, only to grow stymied as those goggles slowly fogged up, leaving her vision obscured. "Well, this won't do."

Pulling her goggles up to their former position she frowned. "Well, I suppose I don't need to see all that badly for my part, it shouldn't matter if they fog up a little. Nice job on the costumes."

Shippou-chan

• King of Foxes & NPCs
  • Administrator
  • Postaholic
  • Chatin Suiter #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 05:37:02 AM »

"Those goggles do nothing for you." Krytus replied with a laugh taking a snack, as Noiya began mixing her concoction.  Bella had headed out to the medic's tent already.
The Fidael Family - Noiya, Taisha, Rutilus, Rokfriez, and Double-Q
Rifalia Mekiska - Socialite Revolutionary
Leikki Biegle - Painfully Shy Mouse Mechanic
Amala Kanara - Highly Competitive and Mischievous Special Ops Cheetah
Rhiadi Kaelynn - Graduate Level Education Major
Krytus Yami - Intimidating Security Personnel
Jyala Oppa - Cheerful Otter Athlete
Sharib Akhim - Shelved - Proud and Grumpy Ram (but not a bad guy)
Fictional Characters - Such as Ruti might read.

St Anger

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »

"Well then I know what it smells like." Altius answered the fox cadaver. He walked his fingers over to a different, brightly colored one. "Lets go with this one. What are your names, by the way? So I know who to find when I come back around."

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 02:40:16 PM »

The fox grinned. "I'm Keijai, and the lovely lady whose claws are embedded in my skin is Samira."

"Just so you can't get away," the mounty offered with a grin, though she graciously retracted her claws. "That one," she said, referring to the selected bottle, "smells quite delicious, and I highly recommend it."

Yanoi feigned a haughty little pout, then sighed. "Oh, well. I had high hopes for those. I'd have a snack, but I figure, if you're going to be throwing me around, it might be better to wait until afterward." She lowered her ears and gave a slightly submissive smile. "Oh, and please don't miss the mats."

Lillowen

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Bunnyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »

((figure I might as well inject myself here, assuming it isn't minded.))

Fel was up to her eyeballs practically in details and info swarming up her dataplate.  Attached to her old, battered model was a relatively-new (to her) engineering dataplate, which had diagnostics scrolling up it at a mind-boggling and eye-searing rate across four different windows, while on her own 'plate there were graphics and field-effect outlines, projections and the like, making the little seven inch screen look like a crowded rainbow mess.  All this data was coming from the narrow, sleek little pack she had in her hands, the entirety of it barely larger than a flat, thin version of a child's backpack.  That it was something more was hinted at only by the small multitude of straps attached to it.  She'd been told to search for a young, rather cute fox kit, one with red fur and bright eyes, one too young to be the usual Academy student.  So, with that in mind, she was walking about towards where she was told to meet the child and his parents, the unusual, data-streaming pack in hands.  Every once in a while she'd slide a window on her dataplate aside and consult a moving, GPS-style map, checking her location so she wouldn't get turned around.
The whole history of science has been the gradual realization that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be divinely inspired.  --Stephen W. Hawking : "A Brief History of Time"

Some people are like slinkys They aren't good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumbling down the stairs.