Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cyantian Holiday brainstorms  (Read 609 times)

Shippou-chan

• King of Foxes & NPCs
  • Administrator
  • Postaholic
  • Chatin Suiter #4
    • View Profile
Cyantian Holiday brainstorms
« on: October 21, 2011, 08:54:46 PM »

From the Ustream Chat...

Resolution Day is the big holiday.
Birthdays are small celebrations.
Of course, Founders' Day is important.

Hariman suggested 104th Day, a Digni holiday created when a Digni leader needed a holiday excuse.

The major suggestion was a celebration of the birthdays of each of the Three Sisters, which may or may not fall on their actual birthdays (but nobody cares, really).
Each Sister's Day would celebrate those jobs connected with the respective Sister.  Warrior's Day, Healer's Day, and Teacher's Day.

These three days may go by the name of the respective sister..

The Fidael Family - Noiya, Taisha, Rutilus, Rokfriez, and Double-Q
Rifalia Mekiska - Socialite Revolutionary
Leikki Biegle - Painfully Shy Mouse Mechanic
Amala Kanara - Highly Competitive and Mischievous Special Ops Cheetah
Rhiadi Kaelynn - Graduate Level Education Major
Krytus Yami - Intimidating Security Personnel
Jyala Oppa - Cheerful Otter Athlete
Sharib Akhim - Shelved - Proud and Grumpy Ram (but not a bad guy)
Fictional Characters - Such as Ruti might read.

hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
Re: Cyantian Holiday brainstorms
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »

*Chuckles* It doesn't have to be 104th day. And there can be more reason to it than "merely an excuse for a party".

It could be that it was not only the 104th day of the year, but also the first day that a sick child of the former Digni leader was healthy and not in danger of dying. Or it could mark the day a siege was broken and a particularly bad conflict ended.

There could also be 171st day, 225th day and 309th day. ;)

As for the three sisters, they are:

Zylac (Nix)
    Teacher - a winged Cougar, the cheery one. She has a brightly colored golden wisp with red feathered wings

Zyphir (Zephyr)
    Healer - a blue Koyoti (blue fur with white underside, thin black stripes, long white hair with black tips, blue feathered wings with black tips, green eyes). She has a blue and white wisp. (hooded like a cobra with black stripes and blue feathered wings with black tips)

Zyra (Taera)
    Warrior - a crimson Ram with long golden horns (despite being female) (red with a white muzzle and underside, thin black stripes, red leathery wings, green eyes and golden hooves). She has a red wisp of the variety that have bat like wings.

The decorations for each holiday would likely be similar to each sister's colors, and the holiday would likely be a reflection of how each one would likely enjoy their down time. They would also likely be times to celebrate careers that exemplify each of the Sister's philosophies.

Tiffany recommended that Zyra's Day be a holiday that centers itself around drinking, eating lots of meat and partying all day and night. Which both I and Renessa (And I think Shippou) were all for. Guards, Soldiers and Military would be the celebrated careers. Red and gold decorations would likely be the theme.

Zylac's Day would likely center around just having fun and being with friends. The preferred gifts would likely be books or trips to somewhere the receiver wouldn't normally go, to expand their knowledge. Tans and earth tones would likely permeate her holiday. Teachers and wise elders would be the celebrated people/careers.

Zyphir's Day would probably be placed opposite Resolution and be dedicated to celebrating the healers, medics, etc. It's possible that it would be dedicated to forgiveness and healing old wounds of the figurative kind, but that might be redundant given what Resolution Day is.
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

hariman

• Mars RPG Approved
  • I look forward to it with glee and trepidation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 01:14:59 AM »

Hmm. Would the Cyantain's celebrate the equinoxes and solstices? And would each of the attached celebrations get its own theme?

If the Digni weren't subterranean, I'd think that they already did. But then again, they might know because they do have access to the surface.
I'm ashamed of myself. I didn't realize that Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was a spoof of Doctor Who until 2011!

HEX the Dark

• Mars RPG Approved
  • philosopher in sheep's clothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think equinoxes and solstices are common festivals in mostly agricultural cultures (which, at least on earth are or were all more or less). Unfortunately I can't remember which race were the farmers...
HEX der Dunkle
Aries et Lupus
sorry for the bad english

Lillowen

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Bunnyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 09:11:14 AM »

Just due to the nature of agriculture, that of it being central to any and all societies, whether advanced or primitive, you'll find farmers in all the species/races, and they'll form a major base for the rest of the society.
The whole history of science has been the gradual realization that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be divinely inspired.  --Stephen W. Hawking : "A Brief History of Time"

Some people are like slinkys They aren't good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumbling down the stairs.