Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Public][S3 W1 D6][17:00] Scavenger Hunt  (Read 3990 times)

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
[Public][S3 W1 D6][17:00] Scavenger Hunt
« on: November 10, 2010, 05:50:20 PM »

Separating from the group that had formed around a makeshift stand in the middle of the garden, the calico moved to a momentarily clear spot and unrolled the scroll she had received from there.

Hmm.... let's see...

Fun Free-For-All Scavenger Hunt

Find:
*Something with veins
*Something scented
*Something with a hole in it
*Something twisted
*Something edible
*Something curly
*Something sticky
*Something hairy
*Something flat
*Something smooth
*Something with teeth
*Something that floats
*Something purple

Glancing around, she grinned. I bet several things around here would fall into more than one category.  Best get started if I want to get a good selection.

Moving over to a nearby tree, she looked upwards at the leaves. Something with veins...  She began climbing up.
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
    • Ivy Trellis's SL store!
Re: [Public][S3 W1 D6][17:00] Scavenger Hunt
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 10:53:45 AM »

(well, I'd been wanting to do more RP, and no one seemed to be taking you up on this, so I've got just the character for it. ;))

Somewhere not too far away, a tall, rather athletic fox was sitting in the grass under a shady tree, eating some sort of meaty sandwich. He wore navy cargo shorts and an open vest in a dark blue, emblazoned in a fluorescent purple tracery that formed an interesting pattern of intersecting lines and curves that had a vaguely floral look to them. The most remarkable thing about the fox, as usual, was his intricately dyed fur. Today, his fur was a pale violet shade that darkened in a manner similar to his natural fox coat on his hands, paws, ears, muzzle, and tail, though his tail tip was the natural white color. His usual cheetah spots were done in a deep indigo with a remarkable pearlescent purple sheen that shifted with his every move, particularly on his fluffy tail. Instead of the usual large white spots that occupied the back of his ears, he had vivid purple, and the usual darkening about his eyes and cheetah tear stripes had been replaced with a subtle, bronze pearlescence in an "Eye of Ra" pattern, with black dye underneath it. The fox's exposed chest was nearly white, but had a subtle violet hue to it, and the unusual color scheme somehow went well with his reddish brown vulpine eyes.

Keijai's ears swiveled about casually, taking in the sounds of the garden as his eyes bounced between the slightly spicy-smelling sandwich he was enjoying and the scenery. Beside him sat a simple brown bag, from which the scent of another similar sandwich and some seasoned fries wafted. The meal had been homemade, but he'd purchased an order of curly fries at a nearby restaurant to accompany it, and he had a sealed bottle of juice that was a flavorful mix of citrus and other fruits. His ears caught the sound of the group and swiveled toward the source, followed by his eyes and nose, though his mouth was open and tongue lolling as he prepared to take another large bite of his sandwich.

(When I first read this thread, I'd had the urge to make him purple. It finally won out. ;D And, no, I'm not trying to fill out the list with him, I just realized a bunch of it fit after making the post, actually. :P I would assume that ideally, those would be things "naturally" occurring in the gardens. I'd also assume he'd rather not have his meal pilfered, either. ;D)
(Oog, now I wanna have a pastrami sandwich and curly fries. <¬.¬>)
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Xi Li Kai, 17, Rifier, linguistics student. APPROVED room 04-N440
Carrie Foxx, 16?, caracal mounty, AMIB agent (captured) APPROVED
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix
Fur Affinity ~ Deviant Art
Also: ShivaeWiki!

Shippou-chan

• King of Foxes & NPCs
  • Administrator
  • Postaholic
  • Chatin Suiter #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »

"Oh boy!" the red kit exclaimed.  "Been a while since the last scavenger hunt."  The blue mini-whip on his shoulder looked up and chirped happily while looking around.  Inside his golden-colored outfit with purple trim, a dusty-brown billed creature was nestled quietly.

His adult compatriot, a white mouse in a simple dull orange outfit, nodded at him.  "Exploration is a grand thing."  Rhiadi proclaimed with a smile.  "So now, what's on list, Ruti?"

"First thing is something with veins.  Animals have veins, right?"  Ruti answered in turn.
The Fidael Family - Noiya, Taisha, Rutilus, Rokfriez, and Double-Q
Rifalia Mekiska - Socialite Revolutionary
Leikki Biegle - Painfully Shy Mouse Mechanic
Amala Kanara - Highly Competitive and Mischievous Special Ops Cheetah
Rhiadi Kaelynn - Graduate Level Education Major
Krytus Yami - Intimidating Security Personnel
Jyala Oppa - Cheerful Otter Athlete
Sharib Akhim - Shelved - Proud and Grumpy Ram (but not a bad guy)
Fictional Characters - Such as Ruti might read.

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »

After securing a leaf in her bag, she glanced around from her higher viewpoint.  Something scented....

She blinked, spotting something a few trees down.  Now THAT'S an awfully large something purple.

Determined to get a closer look, the calico climbed out on a branch, then leapt to a large branch on the next tree, sending a shower of leaves below.  She then crossed over and climbed out on a branch on the opposite side of that tree, prepared to make another leap...

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 05:35:22 AM »

Keijai heard a rustling nearby and looked up, spotting some leaves falling not all that far away. He twitched his ears, taking the final bite of his sandwich with his tail twitching thoughtfully, the fantastic pearlescent pattern on it shimmering spectacularly. The oddly colored fox rose, swallowing his sandwich, and strode over to where the leaves were falling, with the distinct feeling that he was being stalked. After more inquisitive ear-twitching, the fox looked up, searching for the source of the disturbance, his lunch bag clutched casually in one hand.
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix

Shippou-chan

• King of Foxes & NPCs
  • Administrator
  • Postaholic
  • Chatin Suiter #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 07:17:11 PM »

Only a few feet away from the shuffling leaves, Rhiadi and Ruti took little notice of Prenna or Keijai.

"Yes, I do believe so." Rhiadi answered the kit with a smile.

"Looks like you're on the list Rokfriez."  Ruti told his pet, putting 'Rokfriez' beside the item.

"So what's next on the list, Ruti?" Rhiadi asked.

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »

Prenna blinked as the fox walked over and looked up at her.  She backed down the branch slightly to get a better seat, then squatted and grinned down at him.

"You wouldn't by chance be on the committee doing the scavenger hunt, would you?  Dressed as you are and all."

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 04:24:32 AM »

Keijai looked down at his clothes, then back up and the feline. "Mmm, no... What's this about a scavenger hunt?"

Shippou-chan

• King of Foxes & NPCs
  • Administrator
  • Postaholic
  • Chatin Suiter #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 05:12:18 PM »

"Something scented."  Ruti answered the mouse.  "I could find a flower or something.  There were some good flowers off to that side.  Big fluffy golden ones.  What were they called?"

"Lionsmanes" answered Rhiadi, as the pair heading for one of the garden areas, passing close to Keijai and a high-sitting Prenna.

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »

"The scavenger hunt going on in the park right now."  Prenna's grin widened, "If there was anyone trying to fit into the 'Something Purple', I'd say that's you right now.  Though I don't think they allow you to catch yourself..."

"Of course... that doesn't mean the kit behind you right now can't..."

Shippou-chan

• King of Foxes & NPCs
  • Administrator
  • Postaholic
  • Chatin Suiter #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 07:30:37 PM »

Hearing the conversation as they passed, Rhiadi turned to the pair and spoke to the tree-faring calico.  "Aah, so are you on the scavenger hunt as well?"

"Rhiadi's helping me find the things on the list." Ruti said with a beam.  "So far it's been very easy.  So... can I use you for something purple, Keijai?"

"We were on our way to pick a lionsmane for 'something scented'", Rhiadi answered.  "Mr. Fidael thought it would be fun and educational for Ruti to join the hunt.".

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 06:53:39 PM »

Keijai laughed. "Oh, no, I wasn't participating in the hunt; I was just having lunch in the garden here." He grinned. "If you need me for 'something purple,' I think I have enough purple to satisfy the criteria." The spotted fox flicked an ear humorously. "And it sounds fun, so I'd be happy to tag along." He wagged his tail, which shimmered in a rather spectacular manner as the light hit the pearlescent markings at varying angles.

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »

"Lunch you say?"  Prenna curled her tail slightly, her grin turning slightly mischievous.  "Don't suppose you have any leftovers you're willing to part with?"

KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 05:53:34 PM »

Keijai lowered his ears and tail, holding his lunch just a tiny bit closer to him. "That depends on what you intend to do with them. It'd be a shame for any of it to go to waste, and I'm still hungry," he explained in an almost sad tone, though hints of a smile began to tug at his lips. His ears crept back to their usual upright position and his tail slowly resumed waving as the smile reclaimed its rightful place. "I'd be happy to share." He raised a finger and amended, "Some of it."

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 07:03:12 PM »

Hooking her claws into the trunk, Prenna began climbing down.  "Ah... true.  I wouldn't want to waste it either, especially if you're still hungry, and not just for a game..."

Hopping the last few feet to the ground, she stood up and grinned, "But 'something edible' was on the list, and that would be one less thing to look for... if you managed to pack something you weren't really looking forward to eating anyway..."