Author Topic: Summerland - Chapter 1 [RP - Rated R]  (Read 41413 times)

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
Re: Summerland - Chapter 1 [RP - Rated R]
« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2012, 12:39:48 am »
Arthur chuckled and turned away to walk into the mass of pillows. "Oh, I haven't got any love problems right now and," he grinned back over his shoulder as his tail snaked under a pillow and pulled out an etched brass tea table that had some how been neglected but at least wasn't bent. "And I'm compatible with any girl who gives me the time of day, and some who don't." He kicked together a suitable pile of pillows for himself, setting the little table in the empty space created, and turned back to Rose with a final sip and a few little smacks of his lips.  The cup was extended towards her. "But, if you think some extra sources would give a more detailed reading, by all means."

Kara, whose only sign of showing she cared about the feelings of any one else in the room was to turn her back, stripped off the ill fitting clothes from the clinic down to nothing; even popping a seam completely open on the shirt in the process.  She threw them against the wall with a bit too much gusto and then stepped into the panties and threw on the thin rib-knit tank top that fell about mid-hip.  There was a pause where she alternated just slightly between looking ready to turn around and go kill something and close to collapse on the floor.  Instead she turned slowly, shifted to anthro with ears turned back as she padded up between the beds.  She came and got Emily first, lacing their fingers together and tugging gently without looking her in the face, and then came to Jaro.  With a soft, plaintive whine she slipped onto the bed and snuggled up to him; hoping for some sort of reassurance or comfort after the day she had.  The day they'd all had.
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student
Soida Hopea/Fox (blue)/31/Music Professor
Tejaswi Calumb/Equine/20/2nd year Whitesmith and Art minor
Fejin Majinai/Taboa/19/2nd year Music major, Martial Artist
Sriek Denae/Wolf/28/Professor of Voice Performance, part time Speech Therapist

Forum progenitor of just about everything dark/mature.
devArt

Offline Lillowen

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Bunnyfox
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2012, 08:41:55 am »
Emily for her part picked up the vibe the moment she saw the shift, Kara's stance, and her reaction to the clothing.  She didn't need eye contact to tell her how this all had hurt her friend, left her drained and frustrated.  Already in her anthro form, she moved smoothly with Kara and lay behind her, letting her snuggle into Jaro as she spooned in gently at Kara's back, fluffy tail curling up and over as she nuzzled softly against, simply a warm, solid comforting companion.
The whole history of science has been the gradual realization that events do not happen in an arbitrary manner, but that they reflect a certain underlying order, which may or may not be divinely inspired.  --Stephen W. Hawking : "A Brief History of Time"

Some people are like slinkys They aren't good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumbling down the stairs.

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2012, 07:15:49 pm »
Taking the cup she gave it three clockwise swirls, then quickly flipped it upside down on the saucer, and set it upon the table with the handle pointing towards Arthur.  Tapping lightly on the bottom of the cup with one fingernail, she closed her eyes for a moment, before replying, "The question is more how much detail do you want from the reading?  What are you hoping to get out of it?  These things sometimes want to tell us... what we don't want to hear.  Or more than we want to know about something.  Or sometimes refuse to tell about some things they feel we shouldn't know."

She gave a small grin, "Winning lottery numbers would fall in that category."

She coughed slightly, "So if you're just hoping for entertainment, it's best to state it now, so we can give you a reading more to your liking.  If you've serious questions, it's also best to ask so those are more likely to be addressed.  If you've more questions after, then we can consult the cards."
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies

Offline St Anger

• Mars RPG Approved
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 06, 2012, 02:02:05 am »
The wolf male rolled onto his side and put a paw around Kara. He licked her nose, then leaned in and rested his jaw on her collar before shutting his eyes. A deep breath filled his nostrils with Kara's scent. It was a comfort he needed almost as much as she. Another disturbance on the bed brought one more scent; Jaroslav peeked through one eye to confirm the arrival of Emily, then extended his paw over her as well. His tail softly hit the comforter as he flirted with drowsiness. A fleeting thought went to the now rumpled pajamas at the foot of the bed, and for a moment Jaroslav entertained the idea of slowly pulling away to put them on. However inertia, multiplied by fatigue and comfort, quickly overpowered such notions.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:17:08 pm by St Anger »
'An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded'

David Kelly O'Neill, 26, Human, Refugee
Altius Caelis Aeschyr, 27, Wolf, Teaching Assistant/Demonstrator

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 06, 2012, 09:20:04 am »
As soon as Rose had custody of the cup the dragon tipped back to roll on his heels into a fall, grinning all the way to a whump! into the pile of pillows. He readjusted onto his side, head propped up on one arm while the other hand picked at the fringe on one of the pillows.  While he listened patiently to Rose's explanation, it was more like a parent to a confident child declaring some new-to-them discovery.  It wasn't his first go around, and he had likely been alive when some of these methods of divination had been invented, but he maintained a mostly respectful silence until Rose had finished. "My good lady, I am a man with many options open to me at present.  I'd be happy just starting with the biggest thing I'll be doing in the next couple months."

Kara sighed deeply, burying her muzzle in the thicker fur of the dire wolf, pulling Emily's hand in to rest against her nose, and curling up in the comfort of the two.
Trinam "Toast" Orinu/Mounty (Serval-Oncilla mix)/18/2nd year Biomechanical Engineering student

devArt

Offline KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
    • Ivy Trellis's SL store!
« Reply #470 on: February 07, 2012, 01:41:49 am »
Victoria sighed and gingerly made her way to the bedroom, finding her clothing and making her way to the bathroom. Shortly afterward, she returned in anthro form to make use of her better senses, just in case, clad in the pajamas which, while comfortably loose, did wonders for her form, especially since her tail held the low-waisted pants down just a bit to expose more of her middriff. The vixen carefully got into bed, lying on her belly, slightly to the side, so that her more tender side was up, her fluffy tail twitching just a bit and lying still.
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Xi Li Kai, 17, Rifier, linguistics student. APPROVED room 04-N440
Carrie Foxx, 16?, caracal mounty, AMIB agent (captured) APPROVED
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix
Fur Affinity ~ Weasyl ~ Deviant Art
Also: ShivaeWiki!

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 07, 2012, 09:39:59 am »
Kara's single visible ear perked first and seemed to lazily track Victoria as she went about her business.  When the vixen laid down, the wolfess lifted her head to give her a questioning look.  She untangled one hand and held it out Vicky.

devArt

Offline KJ Fellie

• Mars RPG Approved
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • We have cookies...
    • View Profile
    • Ivy Trellis's SL store!
« Reply #472 on: February 07, 2012, 01:51:13 pm »
Victoria gave a weak smile. "And here I thought I was getting a better life. I guess that's all over now." She wagged her tail. "But... If we make it, at least we can start fresh, I suppose. Well, kind of, at least."
Keijai "KJ Fellie", 20, Fox (orange), genetics student, stylist. Dyes fur. APPROVED room 05-S507 The Spotted Fox
Xi Li Kai, 17, Rifier, linguistics student. APPROVED room 04-N440
Carrie Foxx, 16?, caracal mounty, AMIB agent (captured) APPROVED
Yanoi Lacroix, 20, Fennec, Student/scientist (technomage science) APPROVED room 08-S273 @Yanoi_Lacroix
Fur Affinity ~ Weasyl ~ Deviant Art
Also: ShivaeWiki!

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2012, 05:58:12 pm »
Rose flipped over the cup and peered inside. Hmm... a large clump of  leaves near the handle.  As well as a dragon... fitting in a way I suppose.  A hawk... a bat... and all with rather pronounced claws... all near the handle.  Not a good sign.  Of course not as bad as the fact there are no leaves in the bottom of the cup... only tea teardrops.

"It would appear the biggest thing you should be doing is trying to avoid the path you're currently on.  You are in greater danger than you think... and your options may not be as plentiful as you believe.  Otherwise there will be tears down the road."

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 07, 2012, 07:42:06 pm »
Arthur's smile faded bit by bit as Rose spoke until it wasn't sure whether some bit of mirth was still left or it was just the shadow of the customary cocky grin he wore. "Hmmn," was all the noise he made before looking out over his territory outside the window.  The fingers stopped picking at the fringe, the tail stopped its lazy swing, and the toe stopped tapping in time.  He just stared out the window, only a tick in his cheek giving away an eventual turn towards the living room door. "Kita," he called.  The kitsune, who had gone into a meditative but ready pose but the window perked, bowed to the still remaining Leon, then glided through the door. "Cards and stones, please." She nodded and went to the desk in the back, bent down to a drawer where many sounds of keys and locks followed and she rose again with a slightly singed pack of tarot cards and the smokey glass of one of her jars of stones and things.

Kita kneeled next to the little table, setting the stones on the floor but placing the pack of cards nearest Rose on the table.  She paused a minute and peered into the cup, eyes flicking between symbols as she clearly studied them, but her face gave no sign of recognition and she turned to bow to Rose before rising and leaving the room.

"Now," said Arthur with a sigh, having passed his hand over his face. "Lets ask for a few more details about my immediate future... What can I avoid and what can I do to make this whole thing turn out the best it can?" He allowed an uncharacteristic glance over his should at the open door and then back down at the cup and cards. "Including for others, not just myself," he added in a low enough voice that even the keenest hearing were would have trouble picking it up unless they were sitting right in front of him.

devArt

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 11, 2012, 04:03:44 pm »
Rose reached over and took the cards, giving them a light shuffle, quietly murmuring, "I suppose I should apologize in advance... this deck tends to be... pessimistic.  It's very accurate, but tends to tell you what it thinks you should hear rather than what you want to hear...."

She flipped over three cards... The Wheel of Fortune reversed, the Tower, the Devil.

"All high arcana... which usually means you are being affected by forces beyond your control.  I'm not sure how much you know of Tarot..." she raised one eyebrow at him questioningly, "But it looks like there is little you can do to avoid your fate... which is not good."  She tapped the Tower with one fingernail.  "I suppose to clarify..."  She flipped over two more, Death and the Nine of Swords.  "Do you need me to say what fate they predict?"

Giving a small sigh. "As for what you should do..."  Flipping three more, The Lovers, Eight of Cups reversed, Four of Wands reversed.  Wincing, she put one hand to her forehead, "It looks like you should keep your promise and spend some time with those ladies who just left once we're done here."

Shaking her head, she dealt three more... The World, Three of Wands, Knight of Pentacles.  "You should also complete business ventures, letting a trusted business associate take over if you wish it to continue to succeed."

Placing her fingers on the cards, she paused as a vision of wind and flames, as well as the sound of Kara calling Arthur's name crossed her mind, before flipping three more... Eight of Wands, The Chariot, Queen of Swords.  She cleared her throat slightly, "Although it's probably not going to be a popular decision... I think you should go with us.  I think... it will mean something to Kara if you take part in the journey."

Offline Renessa

• The Hiberno-Norse Bard
  • Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
  • Damnit, Hadvar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 13, 2012, 12:43:23 pm »
Arthur's expression didn't change as Rose read off his hopeless and deadly fate, but his previously relaxed pupils narrowed over time until they were dangerous paper-thin slits.  Thankfully, they were directed at the cards the whole time and not at Rose.  The dragon let a silent period pass before he turned his head to the side a bit with eyes still locked on the cards.

"Kita." The kitsune appeared in the doorway at his soft call, this time with the barest hint of surprise in her stoic face.  The slight turn and crook of the hand that rested on his hip beckoned her into the room and she came over to fold her legs under her and sit gracefully at the table again.  Her eyes roamed over the cards and she sighed with a look of resigned disappointment; the kind of look fellow reformed disasters could only recognize in each other when some unexpected misfortune was falling on them again.  Arthur finally looked up at his lady guard and she looked sadly to him.

"Kyohige and Sema return tonight from the south," she said. "Perhaps there should be council with Grandmother and Grandfather tonight." Arthur looked back down to the cards and was silent.  Kita hesitated for a moment, her brow twitching with either concern or disappointment. "You are not dead yet." His eyes shot up and he frowned at her, tail giving an agitated twitch, but he sighed and waved impatiently.

"Yes, we'll talk." He propped himself up to switch into a sitting position, and Kita remained.

"You know, they won't leave you easily," she said softly.  He looked to her again and tweaked a wry smile.

"Yeah?  Even Akane?" he asked a little angrily.  Kita snorted with derision and looked away with closed eyes as she spoke of her half-sister.

"She just wants food and fighting.  She'll just linger because she's forgotten how to find a worthy lord."

"And you?" The dragon's voice was low, serious, and probing.  Kita immediately looked back to him, adamant.

"You would have to kill me to be rid of me while your memory still lingers on the earth."

"So, in other words," Arthur's cocky grin pulled up one corner of his mouth again and a familiar teasing note entered his voice. "Never, because you can't be killed." Kita smiled back, a little smug and reproachful at the same time.

"Yes, mister lizard.  Never."  She rose with as much grace as she sat, turned to Rose and bowed, then left the room again.

"Thank you, Miss Talaitha," said Arthur, pressing his hands together in a prayer-like position and bowing slightly to Rose. "I appreciate your gifts.  You may rejoin the others now, if you like."

devArt

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2012, 07:39:57 pm »
Rose gathered up the cards back into a stack and gave him a small head bob of thanks.  "For what it's worth, I do wish you luck."

Setting the stack down on the table she stood up, "I suppose I shall.  After all, you're a busy man with much to do, and I don't want to take up too much of your time."

She gives a small bow, and unless he stops her, she turns and heads back to the room with the others, leaving the cards with him.