Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Conjecture: Quinn's bra size, A mature discusion here, guys.  (Read 1107 times)

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile

from http://shivae.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60

Conjecture: Quinn's bra size, A mature discusion here, guys. This is serious discusion

Posted by: Ryalto Dec 9 2003, 07:03 PM

[00:45] <Ryalto> Note to self: Get life, as knowledge about Cyantia is too in-depth to be healthy
[00:45] <DatBan> bah
[00:45] <DatBan> blasphem
[00:45] <DatBan> *shakes a Quinn plushie at you* repent!
[00:45] <Ryalto> .... *snuggle/glomps the plushie*
[00:46] <DatBan> now, being too in-depth would be knowing her exact bra size
[00:46] <Ryalto> 28 B
[00:46] <DatBan> no comment
[00:46] <Ryalto> Just right, in my not so humble opinion
[00:47] <DatBan> again. no comment.
[00:48] * Ryalto chuckles
[00:48] <Ryalto> I told you I have an unhealthy depth of knowledge
[00:48] * Ryalto is certine this is worthy of LJage, but just can't be bothered to do so as he's heading to beddy bye now
[00:49] <DatBan> actually, I was going to say that those figures look a bit small to me.
[00:49] <Ryalto> Those are based on conjecture, thoughts on Genetics and knowledge of bras
[00:49] * HarleyCrayfell shakes his head
[00:49] <Ryalto> My knowledge of bras isnt very good, so it could posibly be a bit off
[00:50] <Ryalto> Also, I go by Spike's drawings, not Syke's. Spikes show clearer busts
[00:51] <DatBan> 'cause he enjoys drawing them more
[00:51] <DatBan> and, of course, you have to determine what age of Quinn we're talking
[00:51] <Ryalto> .Favourite age, of course. Teen Quinn!
[00:52] <DatBan> in that case it's more reasonable
[00:52] <Ryalto> ... but based on what I have, I say she's about 28 inchs, and either a B or a C cup
[00:52] <Ryalto> More likely a B cause coons don't have big boobies
[00:53] <Ryalto> Vixens, on the otherpaw... Well, I'm shocked that Vix can see her belt some days
[00:53] * DatBan would turn to someone who actually wore a bra, but...
[00:53] <DatBan> >.>
[00:53] * Ryalto awaits the slap/ion beam/SPS/baka mallet/...
[00:54] <DatBan> however... when you consider that's the only place Quinn seems to store fat.
[00:54] <Ryalto> Have you seen how little fat she has?
[00:54] <Ryalto> Heck, there's more fat in a mashmellow
[00:54] <DatBan> yup. and when you consider how much she should need for regular operation
[00:54] * Ryalto will now point out that there is no fat in a marshmellow
[00:55] * DatBan debates his rejoinder
[00:55] <Ryalto> Quinn runs on sugar
[00:55] * DatBan points out that if she didn't have any fat, we'd be talking an A-cup.
[00:56] <Ryalto> Body runs on carbs. When there are spare carbs, the carbs are converted to fat. This is the bases of the Atkins diet: Reduce carb intake, fat gets burned instead
[00:57] <Ryalto> With Quinn, her daily calorie needs are far higher than normal, so very little to no carbs get converted to fat. Most fat in her diet is also converted into energy, so it isn't stored either
[00:57] <Ryalto> Hence, B cup
[00:58] <Ryalto> C cup, if you go by Syke's drawings, cause she seems to think that you need to emphasise the bust in order to show they have one
[00:58] <DatBan> exactly. While SPike's got good drawings, they're not the canon
[00:59] <Ryalto> Yah, but I think Syke's over-compensating there to show that they do have breasts
[00:59] <Ryalto> Gonna put this in the forum

This is more like a discusion on whether Quinn's teleporting about lets her biology build up fat. Hence, it's serious discusion. Your thoughts?

Posted by: Syke Dec 9 2003, 08:06 PM
Quinn's probably almost getting a D cup, probably 36 C. -I'm a C. It's average.  Or to properly type it. It's a handfull. Now please forget that I actually said that and keep your hands off Quinn. She would probably get upset if someone actually tried to measure her

It's kinda funny that the Vixens keep popping up with big breasts... since the ones I draw are normally a B or a small C.  Celina's got bigger breasts than Quinn, but I would NOT touch them either. Sheana's probably a B in the current Akaelae.. but she's also younger than Celina.

Posted by: Wanderer Dec 9 2003, 09:05 PM
*blinks* Decorum forbids me from commenting on a woman's chest size. Even (or perhaps especially) if it is such a lovely young lady as Quinn. 

Posted by: Ryalto Dec 10 2003, 03:46 AM
Dangit! There goes my conjuncture....

A D cup?! Jease, she's bigger than I thought....

Posted by: raptor Dec 10 2003, 03:49 AM
I always thought it was D cup   

Posted by: Dylar Dec 10 2003, 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Ryalto @ Dec 10 2003, 03:46 AM)
Dangit! There goes my conjuncture....

A D cup?! Jease, she's bigger than I thought.... 

Posted by: Harley Dec 10 2003, 04:50 AM

QUOTE (Ryalto @ Dec 10 2003, 01:46 AM)
Jease, she's bigger than I thought....

*About spits out his jolt from laughing*

Posted by: Syke Dec 10 2003, 05:53 AM
*I don't think men really have a good guage of breast size. *

Posted by: Harley Dec 10 2003, 05:58 AM
I really need to stop drinking when I frequent these forums, it'll be all the better for my poor keyboard.  Nor do I think I'm a good judge on size...and who-boy, I'm just gonna stop right there before I end up saying something to get me hurt.

Posted by: Brandon Dec 10 2003, 09:05 AM
Get Marcus to figure out Quinn's bra size.

"Oh Quinn.", calls Marcus musically as he holds a measuring tape. Unbeknowst to him, Celina is nearby and knows what he is up to then stalks over. 

Posted by: Lenisa Dec 10 2003, 09:57 AM
"I had always thought Quinn was a C or D cup. There's nothing particularly arcane about determining cup size. Just click the link below for a handy reference."

Determining Cup Size

"Of course now there are bras done in half sizes which means a more comfortable fit for people whose measurements fall close to the midpoint between standard cup sizes. Its hard to gauge bust size from an illustration without an easy reference to determine scale, but yes, I'd say Quinn was somewhere between a 34" and 38" bust. What makes it tricky to guess is that a C cup on a 5' tall Ocelot is proportionally larger than a C cup on a 7' tall Sabertoothed Tigress. For the Sabertoothed Tigress to appear proportionally as large, she would end up having a D or possibly even DD cup."

The non-mammalian Scythetail snickers at Harley and Brandon. "Heehee! Silly boys..." 

Posted by: Dylar Dec 10 2003, 12:13 PM
Not good at gauging size? You know, I - um. ... Heyyyy, wait a moment! This is a trap, innit?
*wanders off quickly, whistling innocently*

Posted by: Josh the Aspie Dec 10 2003, 02:08 PM
My goodness len. All boiled down into a simple easy to gauge formula... one inch difference per standard cup size! *goes to practice my new 1337 estimation skills, and also get some dodging practice!*

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 10 2003, 02:30 PM
O_o personally, I always believed Quiny was a C, I just never had the need to state this fact until now..

The non-mammalian Scythetail snickers at Harley and Brandon. "Heehee! Silly boys..."   

I agree with Nissa!

Posted by: Ryalto Dec 10 2003, 03:17 PM
Hey, I said quite clearly in the conversation I had very little knowledge about bra sizes. I feel that is more than adequate reason for my error.

Besides, It's not like that's the part of her I like best. The part I like best is her... Face, yah... Tail is second. *anime sweatdrop, followed by innocent whistling*

As for Syke's response about mens ability to gauge bra sizes, I agree. We tend to not wear them, or need them (I hope) so it isn't something we really need to know unless we decide to buy some for girlfriends/significant others. Since I have no gf, and doubt being able to find one (all the girlies I know my age already have bfs and/or say they think of me as a friend >.<), don't look like I will have much reason to learn anytime soon.

Posted by: Lenisa Dec 10 2003, 04:31 PM

Said by a smart Fox:
Not good at gauging size? You know, I - um. ... Heyyyy, wait a moment! This is a trap, innit?
*wanders off quickly, whistling innocently*

"Oooh, good self-preservation instincts!"

Said by a masochistic Player:
My goodness len. All boiled down into a simple easy to gauge formula... one inch difference per standard cup size! *goes to practice my new 1337 estimation skills, and also get some dodging practice!*

"Er...okay..."   

Said by the floofiest artist:
I agree with Nissa!

"Yay!"

Said by the high priest of Quinn:
(all the girlies I know my age already have bfs and/or say they think of me as a friend >.<)

"Ouch...ow...ooh..." She hugs the poor coon comfortingly.

Let's just be friends

What kind of friend are you?

Other deadly phrases

Posted by: Flinthoof Dec 10 2003, 04:51 PM
Bra cup sizes are something us guys will never know about. It's a totaly mystery. The only time we get to actually see them worn... they are quickly no longer in place and our minds no longer care about measurements, sizes, or anything beyond...

"Gah- puuuuuuuurty........"

But enough about Quinn- what about Velour?  I expect the two are rather similar in build.

Posted by: Syke Dec 10 2003, 05:26 PM
Velour is shorter than Quinn, but I'd say that she probably has about the same bust size, but because she's shorter, it looks bigger.  Ferrets with big boobs... oi... I should smack myself hard. She WILL be returning in the No Angel storyline, btw.

Posted by: Harley Dec 10 2003, 06:00 PM
*Follows Dylar, in a quick self preservation move.*

Posted by: Dylar Dec 10 2003, 06:11 PM
Still got my instincts well honed, methinks. 

Posted by: Dave S Dec 10 2003, 06:20 PM
I really should be paying more attention to this place..... 

Posted by: Ryalto Dec 10 2003, 06:24 PM
Self Preservation? What's that? :p

Nifty links... I hope I'm the 'potential boyfriend' type. ^.^

If I had self preservation instincts, I wouldn't post topics like this, wouldn't cycle in Britian (one of the worst places to cycle, trust me) or be willing to say "Yes, you do look fat" to a female. Yes, that's right. I give honest answers!

Uh, maybe that's why I don't have a female companion...

Posted by: Syke Dec 10 2003, 07:33 PM
My husband got the constant, I like you as a friend thing because he was nerdy.. very good looking nerdy, but still.  (I don't understand why nobody would want to date him... well.. other than the gas... half hour in the bathroom.. )

Posted by: Harley Dec 10 2003, 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Syke @ Dec 10 2003, 05:33 PM)
My husband got the constant, I like you as a friend thing because he was nerdy.. very good looking nerdy, but still.  (I don't understand why nobody would want to date him... well.. other than the gas... half hour in the bathroom.. ) 

*Shakes his head* Too much info..

Posted by: Syke Dec 10 2003, 10:32 PM
** Snicker **

Posted by: Osmium Dec 10 2003, 11:22 PM
Cup sizes aren't that hard at all really... You just need to get a few points to use as references. It's really not that hard, even for guys (me being one and all). You just have to care enough to try to learn. <Shrugs> not that it does me much good, it's one of those quite worthless acquired talents...
-M
p.s. Yes skye...that was a 7.2 on the tmi rictor scale...

Posted by: Dylar Dec 11 2003, 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Syke @ Dec 10 2003, 07:33 PM)
other than the gas... half hour in the bathroom.. 

Ummmmm.
Scary?

Posted by: Syke Dec 11 2003, 05:51 AM
I was being sarcastic 

Posted by: Dylar Dec 11 2003, 07:14 AM
Aaaahhhhhhh, no scariness.   

Posted by: Lenisa Dec 11 2003, 09:16 AM
The Scythetail rolls on the floor laughing, "You people are too much!"   

Posted by: Harley Dec 11 2003, 09:47 AM

QUOTE (Syke @ Dec 11 2003, 03:51 AM)
I was being sarcastic   

Phew...*breaths a sigh of relief (and clean air)*

Posted by: RockettMan Dec 11 2003, 10:13 AM
Guys probably know as much about bras as women know about farting.
Most women/girls I know think that if you fart it must mean you have to go to the bathroom. Not so, guys just fart, that's the way it is. Of course we generally don't do it around women if we can help it. Incidentally, for you women out there, a good gauge of how comfortable a guy is around you is whether he'll fart in your presence.

Posted by: Dylar Dec 11 2003, 12:26 PM
He's got a point. 

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 17 2003, 06:59 PM
WOW! .....this is one ~strange~ convo! but I cant stop readin it!! @@ *has been possesed*

Posted by: Syke Dec 18 2003, 12:17 AM
Odd,.. but I never connected farting with going to the bathroom. All I know is that men spend entirely too much time in the bathroom.

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 18 2003, 04:40 PM
maybe they read in there or something.... I wouldnt know...

Posted by: Hunter87 Dec 19 2003, 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Raptorwolf Chick @ Dec 18 2003, 04:40 PM)
maybe they read in there or something.... I wouldnt know...

i have two options right now

keep my mouth shut and walk away

or.......

risk becoming a smear on the wall.

Posted by: Jharin Dec 20 2003, 07:25 PM
*ponders and is a very happy margay with the pondering*

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 20 2003, 07:38 PM
*has sudden urg to pet Jharin and Hunter87...so she does*

Posted by: Vedoo Dec 20 2003, 08:06 PM
*PG (male) quickly hides a copy of Uncle John's Ultimate Bathroom Reader, a defined source for useless trivia*

Posted by: Ryalto Dec 21 2003, 03:19 PM
... *realises that it is not a wise idea to ask Vedoo what her bra size is... Especially if a certain fennec might posibly be nearby*

Posted by: SPike Dec 21 2003, 03:38 PM
Question is... does she need a bra? 

Posted by: Syke Dec 21 2003, 05:21 PM
Spike has a good point there... because Quinn doesn't WEAR a bra. Most of them probably don't wear bras. Imagine how annoying those straps would get over fur.

Posted by: Anterus Dec 21 2003, 06:32 PM
Never mind that most all of your characters are attractive enough that....well, I don' think anyone would really mind.

Posted by: Lenisa Dec 21 2003, 07:06 PM
"Maybe the Rumuah gengineered the equivalent of a built-in underwire bra into the Immigrant Cyantians? Hmmm...perhaps some extra cartilage...or maybe even some muscles. Heh...weird mental image of Cyantian women practicing breast lifts to maintain good muscle tone. Still, its not really weirder than what human women have to do to check for cancerous lumps." 

Posted by: Vedoo Dec 21 2003, 07:09 PM

QUOTE (SPike @ Dec 21 2003, 03:38 PM)
Question is... does she need a bra?   

See thread over at old MAOOC for the answer to that subject.

Posted by: Syke Dec 21 2003, 08:00 PM
Well, most Cyantians seem to be about average when compared to humans in that department.. except in some species, like the Fox and Cheetahs who commonly run on the small size. That's kinda a neat idea there, Lenisa. I know that among wild animals, like Cheetahs... their breasts can actually be held in while they have cubs so they don't get in their way while they're hunting. So yes,.. I think I'm going to go with 'They have naturally firm breasts due to some extra cartilage and muscle which also keeps them from bouncing about too distractably even when they walk.  They're just different, gotta keep that in mind.

Posted by: Lenisa Dec 21 2003, 08:20 PM
"I honestly didn't know that about Terran cheetahs. You learn something new every day...like I also learned today that Do You Hear What I Hear sounds weird with a '70s funk beat."

"Heh...anyway, yay! I got to help add to the Cyantian universe!" 

Posted by: Vedoo Dec 21 2003, 09:04 PM
And I'll have to trim that from my description when I 'port over here, then, since it's a Cyantian Femme's natural state.

Oh, Pixie's player is going to be so annoyed by this 

Posted by: Syke Dec 21 2003, 09:13 PM
Well.. if you were an animal that runs on four legs, would you want your breasts catching on everything you ran over? *Ouch*

Posted by: Vedoo Dec 21 2003, 09:26 PM
Hmm... let me think....

no.

Posted by: Anterus Dec 21 2003, 09:30 PM
Happened to a dog I heard about...owners had to put a sweater on it, kinda sad.

Such an amusing conversation to follow.

Posted by: Syke Dec 21 2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah,.. I've seen those dogs.... 0.o It's.. disturbing to see a dog who's nursing puppies with teats as big as she is. ... another disturbing thought is one of being greatful that human breasts don't get the same percentage larger when we have babies... 0.o So I think I'll say for Cyantians, for the most part, when they're nursing kits, their breasts don't get 'huge', although may become more prominent in the case of the Fox and Cheetah.

Posted by: Dave S Dec 21 2003, 09:57 PM
I.... don't even have the words....... 

Posted by: DrBob Dec 21 2003, 09:59 PM
Hey, It's Dave!

What if they have more than 2 kids?

Posted by: Vedoo Dec 21 2003, 10:06 PM
Gee... what if a human female has more than two kids?

Posted by: Anterus Dec 21 2003, 10:26 PM
Timesharing and bottles?

You'd think foxes would be good about handling that situation naturally, since I think it was said in Campus Safari that multiple births were pretty common among foxes...that one fox...grr, can't remember her name, certainly had a handful of them.

Posted by: Syke Dec 22 2003, 05:57 AM
Cyantians have six nipples for feeding their kits, it's just that only the top two are prominent and only the top 4 actually work.

Posted by: Flinthoof Dec 22 2003, 10:15 AM
I've been drawing Quinn with the same tube top I've seen her wear elsewhere. It seems to be practical, concealing, and if elastic at all, then supportive as well.

Now as for what she looks like when I draw her without that top..... well, I can't show you THOSE pictures. Quinn sort of burned them.

Posted by: Lenisa Dec 22 2003, 11:55 AM
"Owwie...I'm glad Scythetails aren't mammalian...though I suppose wearing a sweater wouldn't be too bad. Still...ow..."

Thankfully Flinters distracts her from such unpleasant thoughts by making her giggle. "Gee, imagine that! Just hope she doesn't sneak some catnip into your supply of mint or you may find out how Marcus feels." 

Posted by: Ryalto Dec 22 2003, 03:51 PM
In an obscure temple hidden in the distand urban jungle of England....

"Wha? Someone burninated pictures of the goddess without her top? Who?!"

Some muttering is heard.
"Oh, right... The godess did... Er, uh.... Hey, don't look at me like that!"

... the High Preist proceeds to 'enlighten' a pupil.

Posted by: Dylar Dec 22 2003, 05:45 PM
*giggles helplessly as the thread progresses*

Posted by: Anterus Dec 22 2003, 08:31 PM
What's the point of having six nipples to feed kits if only the top four work? Wouldn't you think the Rumuah (spelled right?) would have fixed the extra pair?

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 23 2003, 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Lenisa @ Dec 21 2003, 07:06 PM)
"Maybe the Rumuah gengineered the equivalent of a built-in underwire bra into the Immigrant Cyantians? Hmmm...perhaps some extra cartilage...or maybe even some muscles. Heh...weird mental image of Cyantian women practicing breast lifts to maintain good muscle tone. Still, its not really weirder than what human women have to do to check for cancerous lumps."   

O_o  ~snickers!~ heheheheee!!

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 23 2003, 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Anterus @ Dec 22 2003, 08:31 PM)
What's the point of having six nipples to feed kits if only the top four work? Wouldn't you think the Rumuah (spelled right?) would have fixed the extra pair? 

Maybe they still have them on their tummies under their fur?

Posted by: Syke Dec 23 2003, 12:27 PM
You realize that not all the nipples on animals actually work, don't you? 

Posted by: Anterus Dec 23 2003, 04:53 PM
Sorry, didn't study my dog when she had puppies, so...no.

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Dec 23 2003, 09:41 PM
me thinks that they only make the ones they need to work work..... *is unsure*

Posted by: Ev'lle Jan 13 2004, 09:29 PM
 Not to resurrect a dead topic pointlessly,  but the real question is why do guys have nipples if their not going to be used? 

Posted by: Ilfar Jan 13 2004, 09:42 PM
Well duh, in case they grow ManBoobies? 

Posted by: Syke Jan 13 2004, 09:55 PM
Because all life begins female. 

Posted by: Sairen Jan 13 2004, 10:31 PM
Yep.. males happen to be a gentic mutation.. so women are all orgin.. don't listen to me.. read way too many scientific theories *grins rather evily*

Now the only thing I noticed when Momma, my kitty was nursing, was that all the nipples seemed to actually work. For example, we seperated her from the kittens so she could get some time for herself and so we could ween them onto solid foods. A couple of days later she was well um.. hanging down a bit from built up milk.. so we brought her into her kittens and soon the milk had been drunk. Though I think it might depend on the cat, animal and how many is in the litter of babies.

*goes back to read rest of discussion*

Posted by: Sairen Jan 13 2004, 10:46 PM
Aha, by the way Syke.. you said C cup size was average.. actually thats a bit off.. around a mid B size.. mabye smaller is the average size.... I don't recall exactly... Trust me I know what is average.... *blinks then shuts up*

Anyways *coughs* yes.. moving on.. so a natural supportive structure on all Cyantian's or just some?

And what would the average chest size be then for Cyantians in general? You said foxes seemed slightly larger in bust.

Posted by: Ryalto Jan 14 2004, 03:13 PM
Ev'lle can resurrect as many topics as she likes. *Hands her a Rod of Resurection*

*decides to add a bit to the mutation thingy topic*
All mammilian embryos are inherintly female. All the require is the right amount of hormone (testosterone) for the proper male anatomy to develope. This has been proven in experiments, where pregnant female rats where injected with the hormone during the proper stage, and examining the resulting offspring. In the case of the female offspring, they had significant, er, male like equipment, and also displayed male like instincts. Like trying to breed with other females.

>.> Horizons is a very informative BBC program. Like Nova, but with better special effects and cooler soundtracks. ^.^

Posted by: Dylar Jan 14 2004, 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Sairen @ Jan 13 2004, 10:31 PM)
Yep.. males happen to be a gentic mutation... 

Ummm, right. *dwells on the subject* Ummm. *blinks* Moving right on!!!

Taking up from Ry, reptiles don't require hormones, their sex is determined by temperature. (If the temperature triggers the hormones, somebody with more detailed biology knowledge please correct me. )

*thinks*
Hmmm, males get a shortened genetic string.
*thinks*
We get shortchanged a lot, don't we!! 

Posted by: Hunter87 Jan 15 2004, 01:38 AM
From what i know about human development the sex has factors mainly to do with the fathers "Special Men" There are two types of chromosomes X and Y and two combinations X,X(female) and X,Y(male). The gender of the child depends on which type fertilizes the egg first. Now to play into the testosterone factor a X,Y embryo recieves alot more testosterone so as to cause male development while X,X instead recieves large amounts of estrogen. I am far from a biology student but this is about as much as i can remember from Health and ScienceII (we discussed chromosomes and genetic disorders)

As for reptiles it is totally dependent on the temperature of the eggs as to whether they develop into males or Female. It doesn't trigger hormones to my knowledge.

Well duh, in case they grow ManBoobies

Also i believe the word that is commonly used instead of ManBoobies is Moobs

and i do not believe that us males get shortchanged very much. maybe on the genetic string but in real life it is probably women that get shortchanged. Or at least used to considering the fact that i have seen many shortchanged women sue nowadays.

Posted by: Syke Jan 15 2004, 07:10 AM
Yup, women live longer and baby girls do better than baby boys healthwise. 

Posted by: Sairen Jan 15 2004, 10:06 AM
Look at it this way, my friend always pointed this out to me, if you look at the Y of the XY in a male.. it looks like an X missing a leg... missing something. So a sort of mutation misplaced this leg and males came to be.. how testerone and estrogen started...  That I have no clue.. I'm not smart, my friends are.. so I just spit out information they give me

Yeah I think your right on the reptiles.. though mabye someone could look that up online *nod*

Males get shortchanged in some things and so do females. Its how you work with disadvatages is what matters. *nods all wise like*

Posted by: Ilfar Jan 15 2004, 10:33 AM
Well, apart from the insanity, occasional periods of unconsciousness, and forced dependency on dihydrogen monoxide, I'm pretty happy with the way I turned out 

Posted by: Wanderer Jan 15 2004, 11:04 PM
You object to having to drink water? 

Posted by: Syke Jan 15 2004, 11:16 PM
Don't you realize that dihydrogen monoxide has a petition going around to have it banned?! It's evil stuff!

(Of course... that was on The Daily Show) 

Posted by: Hunter87 Jan 15 2004, 11:24 PM
what exactly is dihydrogen monoxide?

and on another question.

Syke? is your avatar animated in any way. I coulda swore i saw its eyes blink just a second ago. Maybe i'm not getting enough sleep or todays Finals were harder than i thought.

Posted by: Sairen Jan 15 2004, 11:29 PM
*stares long and hard at Syke's Avartar image* No.. it didn't blink...  *rubs eyes* Wait.. I don't think.. dang now I need my eyes checked

Posted by: keiran928 Jan 16 2004, 12:00 AM
Dihydrogen monoxide is water. Di=2, so two hydrogen and one oxygen, or H20. Interesting discussion, by the way. 

Posted by: Syke Jan 16 2004, 04:09 AM
The Daily Show, if you didn't realize it... is a news styled program which appears on Comedy Central. 

Posted by: Hunter87 Jan 17 2004, 03:29 AM
alright then thx for the info.

and btw

The Daily show isn't something i frequently watch but usually when i do it is very funny. I need to talk to my cable company about getting Comedy Central again.

Posted by: Vixaria Malonis Jan 22 2004, 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Sairen @ Jan 15 2004, 11:29 PM)
*stares long and hard at Syke's Avartar image* No.. it didn't blink...  *rubs eyes* Wait.. I don't think.. dang now I need my eyes checked 

you know... there's few other reasons for Syke to use a .gif file...

Posted by: Dylar Jan 25 2004, 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Syke @ Jan 15 2004, 07:10 AM)
Yup, women live longer and baby girls do better than baby boys healthwise. 

But more of us are born and we're generally of a stronger phisyque. Then again, receding hairlines and moustaches are a bother. Especially as we also have bigger ego's.  But they're bolstered by the first mentioned thingies. And we get to be a lot more boorish and stuff among ourselves and not subjected to pms and having to make babies. Yay!

Posted by: Andrick Jan 25 2004, 04:35 PM
You forgot that males are genetically Fix-Its, practically born with a wrench and an incomprehensible urge to own power tools. 

Posted by: Ryalto Jan 25 2004, 05:05 PM
Males could be a survival mutation, as defenders. Sorta like the soldiers of a bee hive, except we can help with reproduction as well. After all, a male is less valuable longterm than a female, as you need more females to increase replacement, while can do with only 1 male. Genetic defects notwithstanding, I know that it's a bad thing to get inbreeding and all that.

Posted by: Syke Jan 25 2004, 05:11 PM
Two is really best for a good mix of genes, but you ever consider if an alien race could make use of three sexes, two to contribute and one to carry. (randomness)

Posted by: Absurdity Matrix Jan 25 2004, 06:02 PM
It's not really that random.

Do you remember that movie and TV show, "Alien Nation"? The newcomers only had two sexes, but, during the series, it came up that they had a similar arrangement to what you're describing, Syke.

I believe the phrase involved was, "It takes three to tango."

Posted by: Ryalto Jan 25 2004, 06:12 PM
Also, there's a race in the Star Trek universe that has 4 genders. The Andorians, which were around back in the Original Series. The idea dates at least to the 60's.

My, how off topic we get. From the size of Cyantian's bossums to genetics to what ifs about more than 2 genders. ^.^

Posted by: Hunter87 Jan 26 2004, 01:08 AM
*rides the run-away topic*

WEEEE 

Posted by: Lenisa Jan 26 2004, 12:07 PM
"Yeah, actually in Alien Nation, there were three sexes - Albert the janitor was the third sex. Basically the third sex didn't contribute any DNA, but it was necessary as a catalyzer or somesuch if I recall."

Posted by: Hunter87 Jan 26 2004, 04:58 PM
*smiles at lenisa's post*

the need for a janitor should never be underestimated.

Posted by: Dylar Jan 26 2004, 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Syke @ Jan 25 2004, 05:11 PM)
Two is really best for a good mix of genes, but you ever consider if an alien race could make use of three sexes, two to contribute and one to carry.  (randomness) 

I believe it has actually been scientifically proven that the optimum number of genders is 2.6 or something. At any rate, somewhere in between having 2 or 3 genders. Life's given us 2 and it works fine, but 3 could work as well.
Now there's a thought.

Weird story: They actually tried this with computer programs as well, as it happens giving them 3 genders. Problem with it all was that the programs eventually reprogrammed themselves through 'reproduction' to only spend their time reproducing - constantly merging and reforming.
(Which effectively bombed the whole idea of having programs which ran into difficulties go and 'reproduce' themselves into something which could cope with the problems, as the reproducing gave the problem of the programs not doing anything any more. )

Janitors?!?!?!?!

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Jan 26 2004, 06:52 PM
*blinkies several times and starts wonderin an' tryin to figure out how there can be more than 2 genders* .......tick tock tick tock..... me brain huwts!! =>.<=

Posted by: Ilfar Jan 26 2004, 08:37 PM
Did someone say Janitor?

Hong Kong Phooey... Number one super guy!

Posted by: Syke Jan 26 2004, 08:50 PM
.. I'm going to say something now, that I want everyone to forget after you read it.

On the natural underwire thing.. that would be darn cool to have. No need for the stupid bras, just a bit of extra cartilage!

Now... has anyone ever watched those Discovery nature documentaries on Africa where everyone runs around almost completely naked except for a string?

Now,... have you ever watched one of those while eating a corn dog dipped in mustard... (And it was a comment from my mother of all people that brought that to mind when I was about 12 or so.  Even though she said it, I'd NEVER repeat it in front of her.)
Resume remembering and wipe off your computer screen.

Posted by: AnAnonymousFox Jan 26 2004, 11:08 PM
The third gender might not necessarily be as a catalyst, but then we'd need six base pairs of chromosomes as opposed to two.
As to how that would work, as Raptorwolf Chick tried, it would be highly unlikely for us to fathom how it would work, since we have no experience and no frame of reference to draw from. The same could be said about 3 gender species when thinking about how a species with two genders would... yeah.*wags tail*

I remain hidden by standing where all can see me*wags tail*

Posted by: Anterus Jan 27 2004, 01:10 PM
Fairly certain on this: Syke's avatar doesn't blink, it can't, it's a one-frame gif. However, gifs are very small, and, if the colors are simple, they look just fine.

Now, lesee, they had a 3-gendered species in Enterprise, too, and at least 3 in Voyager, for Species 8472. Just a couple more instances.

And, Dylar...how could they scientifically prove (and we'll leave off of the proof bit for right now) that the ideal number of genders is non-integral, and more than 2? As far as I know, we don't have any species on this planet w/ more than 2, so how could you test for more than that. Furthermore...how WOULD you test?

Posted by: Absurdity Matrix Jan 27 2004, 01:36 PM
I'd like to know how they got a fraction, myself.

As for the question of blinking, Sairen posted about Syke's avatar blinking back when it was a cute image of Rad. Now her avatar is, unbelievably, an even cuter image, but I've never seen either blink.

Lenisa: I forgot about the janitor! It's just been too long since I've seen an episode, I guess....

Posted by: Dylar Jan 27 2004, 02:13 PM
Well, I don't know the details, but it was found that both forms - 2-gender and 3-gender - had their particular advantages, meaning that the ideal amount of genders would be 2 and a half or something. So yeah, you can't have 2.5 genders, you either have 2 or 3, but the scientist nicely represent that with a non-integral.
And they tested it with the computer programs. Which got "overly dedicated". 

*still wonders about the janitors*
*corn dog?*
*tries to forget *

Posted by: Hunter87 Jan 27 2004, 04:15 PM
dont worry dylar i'm just as confused

Posted by: AnAnonymousFox Jan 27 2004, 06:03 PM
The decimal is probably due to taking the average of the successful outcomes. Ideally, one would take in all numbers of genders that would be appropriate and then study how well that number is successful. Then to give an assessment, only one data can be given, so they made it so that the success rates coincided with just one variable (The number of genders) then took the average of this new data. A number of 2.6 or something indicates that 2 and 3 genders have roughly the same advantagous nature, just that 3 genders is probably slightly more advantagous.
*wags tail*

Posted by: Dylar Jan 28 2004, 04:50 PM
Exactly! That's the right explanation I was looking for.
Thankees. 

Posted by: Andrick Jan 28 2004, 05:49 PM
*blink* Gender confusion? I didn't expect that topic to be broached in this thread.

Posted by: Ryalto Jan 28 2004, 06:05 PM
Yeah, let's get back on topic...

Do Cyantians have Cosmetic Surgery techniques for non-essential reasons? I.E. Are there cyantians who get boob jobs, facelifts, tummy tucks...

There, back on topic. Sort of...

*now imagines Marcus staring at a Cyantian's chest and thinking "No way are those real..." and then getting his arm broken.*

Posted by: Hunter87 Jan 29 2004, 12:18 AM
poor poor marcus.

That is an interesting question and does seem possible since there is probably sites similar to todays that specialize in those kind of models.

Posted by: SnowStorm Jan 29 2004, 10:58 PM
Poor Ryalto wanting the subject matter. 

Ok try this. Three gender can also imply that the third is not of the same race.

The Kakkrik (My world) birth by injecting their offspring into a host, the children eat there way out. Or by operation and having live food nearby get past that problem. 

Oh ya they have no bra size, they are spiders.

Posted by: Hunter87 Jan 29 2004, 11:10 PM
ewww........

Posted by: Lenisa Jan 30 2004, 10:27 AM
"Heh heh...yes, janitors are important, and the ones at the Pentagon all have to have at least a Secret clearance."

"Hmmm...I could probably speculate on plausible ways an alien race could have three genders, but as Ry said, that's getting pretty far off topic."

"Ry, if Rhonda's mom is any indication, most Cyantians never need cosmetic surgery, so Quinn should be making fanboys drool for the next fourty years at least." 

Posted by: Flinthoof Jan 30 2004, 05:51 PM
Ah, but RM isn't Cyantian, and is in fact a product of BioMor-um...... the product of a very loving family. Yes. That's what I meant to say.

Besides, she's a small rabbit and her chest isn't overly large. I don't expect her to sag much as she ages since she does get quite a bit of exercise.

Posted by: Andrick Jan 30 2004, 09:49 PM
Mostly in keeping up with the boys' antics, eh Flinthoof? Er...  I'm sorry, but Alex still looks like a bear. I know, I know, she's supposed to be a wolf, but... *gestures at the "toast" avatar as if that is supposed to say it all* ... y'see? 

Posted by: AnAnonymousFox Jan 31 2004, 12:17 AM
What it ultimately boils down to is how self conscious are the Cyantians of their bodies when it comes to relationships, and it also depends on what is culturally considered attractive. The higher the first factor, the more likely places for modifications for the second would exist.
If Cyantian impressions of personal worth based off appearence is rather high, than it could be expected that some Cyantians would get their bodies modified to be more attractive. Since Cyantian Civilization is different from Human Civilization, it would not be unreasonable that there might be as many facilities to "improve" on the appearence for males as there are for females.

35"Just because one is unable of lying, does not mean that they have to tell the truth." Gatekeepers of the Fox: The Dark Wisdom.

Posted by: Hunter87 Jan 31 2004, 02:05 AM
I just got done watching the anime "Avenger"

Now while i cant say much without spoiling the whole story point there is a character that is initially genderless but at the end has one. What is wierd about it is that they give no explanation as to how it obtains it's gender.

Posted by: Flinthoof Feb 2 2004, 09:45 AM
The difference in facial structure between bears and wolves isn't that far apart. The muzzle is blunter and taller for bears and the ears smaller and higher set. From some viewpoints, they may look similar.

I guess I'll have to draw more of Alex next to Darius or somesuch for comparison. I don't know of any bear characters in either universe to work off of.

Posted by: Lenisa Feb 3 2004, 01:19 AM
"Well...other than the dead security guard, the only Cyantian bears have been MARPG characters: Robert I.P. (panda), Shivan (male polar bear), Hosh (female polar bear), and Leafriser (I think he was a grizzly...), but only Robert is semi-active at the moment. I keep trying to convince Shivan to come back and open up a massage parlor since he's so good at it." 

Posted by: Dylar Feb 3 2004, 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Lenisa @ Jan 30 2004, 10:27 AM)
"Ry, if Rhonda's mom is any indication, most Cyantians never need cosmetic surgery, so Quinn should be making fanboys drool for the next fourty years at least."   

Well, regardless of how well they age, scars (one inevitably winds up them, no matter how well concealed) are one end-result of cosmetic surgery. And hair - and fur - usually doesn't take hold on scar tissue, so furries have an extra reason not to do cosmetic surgery, as you might then have the surgery pattern appear very evident in one's fur!

Posted by: Flinthoof Feb 5 2004, 09:44 AM
I imagine with fur bearing races that regrowing fur is something that would have been taken care of in the medical community early on. Otherwise it could be rather embarassing if male pattern baldness went across the entire body.

Then you've got parasites and other issues to take care of for furred critters...

"Look mommy- Timmy's got mange!"

Posted by: Brandon Feb 5 2004, 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Flinthoof @ Feb 5 2004, 09:44 AM)
I imagine with fur bearing races that regrowing fur is something that would have been taken care of in the medical community early on. Otherwise it could be rather embarassing if male pattern baldness went across the entire body.

Then you've got parasites and other issues to take care of for furred critters...

"Look mommy- Timmy's got mange!"

Need I remind you that humans can also get not only head lice, but body lice as well?

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 5 2004, 09:57 PM
Must i remind u that we have shampoos and salves for such things?

As for the issue of hair/furr loss. I'm sure cyantian technology has advanced far enough to regrow fur or/and perform cosmetic surgery without leaving scars (non invasive maybe?). Also in RL we have special lasers designed to help remove/minimize scars to allow people to look their best.

Posted by: Flinthoof Feb 6 2004, 09:38 AM
In a society where genetic manipulation has become so advanced as to produce the likes of the Sirac or even our favorite marsupial space ship crew, it is unlikely that scars are commonplace from surgery.

That isn't to say that wounds that heal up while beyond the range of medical facilities don't scar up. Some scar victims may not have the option of a hospital nearby when their ship is set adrift venting atmosphere and they are pinned under steel scaffolding awaiting rescue. Such is the story of adventures and gives an interesting background to that grizzled bear captain with the jagged scar running down his face. To all who ask, it was received in the great battle of Gantaxx Seven.... to his wife, it's that nasty paper cut he got at the office one day.

Posted by: Lenisa Feb 6 2004, 01:33 PM
"Er...wow...even I'm not clumsy enough to give my face a paper cut!" 

Posted by: Andrick Feb 6 2004, 03:17 PM
*watches a Cyantian walk passed him to medical with a stapler hanging from one cheek* Huh. The piercings this younger crowd goes for these days.

Getting to other subjects, we know that style and color of hair is important. Chatin really didn't like having her hair dyed white and Cilke dyed hers blue (without proper frosting done by a professional) just because Chatin's was white. I imagine these behaviors wouldn't be restricted to only the long fur on the top of the head.

By the way, that was the moment when CS became officially anime - when one of the characters had blue hair (it's a requirement or something). 

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 8 2004, 04:43 PM
Lenisa - You may not be, but there's a certain Fox who probably could manage it... 

Posted by: Flinthoof Feb 9 2004, 09:05 AM
Poor old Khaelis. I wonder at times if he's the model in all those 'don't do this' warning labels for packaging.

From an insurance agency's point of view, he's deadly to them. Except for life insurance- no matter what happens to him, he still lives. In that manner, he's invulnerable and the perfect soldier.

Posted by: Andrick Feb 9 2004, 10:38 AM

QUOTE (Flinthoof @ Feb 9 2004, 07:05 AM)
Poor old Khaelis... In that manner, he's invulnerable and the perfect soldier. 

As long as he doesn't show a photo of his sweetheart at home. No sooner than he does that, he's a dead fox. Watch the movies; they back me up on this point. 

Posted by: Brandon Feb 9 2004, 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Andrick @ Feb 9 2004, 10:38 AM)
As long as he doesn't show a photo of his sweetheart at home. No sooner than he does that, he's a dead fox. Watch the movies; they back me up on this point.   

Khaelis has a sweetheart  !? Who is she!?

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Feb 9 2004, 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Brandon @ Feb 9 2004, 11:24 AM)
Quote Andrick,Feb 9 2004, 10:38 AMAs long as he doesn't show a photo of his sweetheart at home. No sooner than he does that, he's a dead fox. Watch the movies; they back me up on this point.
Khaelis has a sweetheart  !? Who is she!? 

ooohh!! me wanna know to! 

Posted by: Flinthoof Feb 10 2004, 05:17 PM
Who IS Khaelis' sweetheart? Hmm, good question. Since he won't answer, I suggest you ask his adopted sister, Murai.

Posted by: Ryalto Feb 10 2004, 05:21 PM
Bah, everyone know's his sweatheat is *hears a click noise, then smells Khaelis' scent* Uh, nevermind....

Where did he get that Black Market issue .45 Plasma Rifle?...

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 10 2004, 10:23 PM
*watches khaelis use with his .45 plasma rifle*

Perhaps i should be more careful about who i supply with equipment.

Anyhow someone needs to post who his sweetheart is as i'm sure there are more people that the posters that want to know.

Posted by: Brandon Feb 11 2004, 08:04 AM
Could his sweetheart be ummm . . .  . . . JULES  !?!?!

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 11 2004, 08:11 AM
Got it in one  Someone's been browsing the old posts

At least, she's the sweetheart most of us decided was the most interesting, they just make such a cute couple 

Posted by: Brandon Feb 11 2004, 03:40 PM
Actually, I never browsed the old posts. That was a pure guess  .

Posted by: Dylar Feb 12 2004, 07:10 PM
'Sweetheart.'
I'd think Khaelis will suddenly become very attached to his lift every time she's near. 

Posted by: Lenisa Feb 13 2004, 12:34 AM
"Yes, Andrick, some Cyantians do dye their main body fur, but its not common. Ryalto is one example, Kieran is another - both are Siracs so both are a little off the wall."  "Camie is the only other one who makes a habit of it, but Vixaria had reason to bleach her fur white for a special someone."  "Hmmm...and both Camie and Vix are Foxes...interesting. Symrel is a Mounty, but she's only slightly into dyes - shaving is her passion."

"Really though, its a practical issue. It doesn't look like Cyantian dye technology is vastly superior to human tech, so doing a dye job that looks natural is probably still a lot of work. Having seen some of what it takes just to make a blond into a realistic red head, I can't imagine many people wanting to do that with their entire body. Then consider the maintenance - as time goes on, the fur grows out and the roots will be a different color unless more dye is used. You'd spend almost as much time in the shower as Tarra."

"On a different topic...Heehee! Its a pity Rhonda didn't stay longer or she and Pavta could have compared notes on how to crack open shells and scoop out all the yummy Foxy goodness inside." 

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 13 2004, 10:32 AM
lol that last line sounds a bit icky lenisa

Posted by: Andrick Feb 13 2004, 12:35 PM
Hey, don't blame Lenisa for just quoting the script from an earlier Khaelis encounter. You have to admit that it is such a good line that even Flinters used it

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Feb 13 2004, 01:41 PM
mmmmm~! Yummy foxy goodness! *gets out a mallet an' goes lookin fo' da foxy*

oh Khaelis~!!!! 

Posted by: Andrick Feb 13 2004, 02:21 PM
*the ringwolf watches Raptorchick go buy with an over-sized, anime mallet* And people wonder why Khaelis wears that lift all the time... 

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 13 2004, 11:37 PM
*pulls out a large rifle w/scope*
As funny as it would be to watch khaelis be attacked by raptorchick i'm inclinded to protect his privacy by keepin that "goodness" inside the shell.
*loads the rifle with tranquilizer rounds*
I'm sure he could use the help to
*runs off to protect khaelis*

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Feb 14 2004, 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Hunter87 @ Feb 13 2004, 11:37 PM)
*pulls out a large rifle w/scope*
As funny as it would be to watch khaelis be attacked by raptorchick i'm inclinded to protect his privacy by keepin that "goodness" inside the shell.
*loads the rifle with tranquilizer rounds*
I'm sure he could use the help to
*runs off to protect khaelis*

*See's da' gun an' decides d'at mebee she'd betta' let sumone else ta' git da' foxy goodness* meep! *hides mallet in belly pouch* I aint gonna do nuthin'! O_o

Posted by: Lenisa Feb 16 2004, 04:01 PM
"Heehee! Actually, if I understand correctly, Flinters is responsible for the original line. He and Syke collaborated on that crossover since Syke honestly didn't think she could do justice to Flinters' characters. So far as I know, he provided all of Rhonda's script."

"Anyway, there's an easier, less destructive way to scoop out all that yummy, Foxy goodness inside."  The Scythetail contacts a few technomage friends and Cesilee. In exchange for the technomages teleporting her into Marcus' room one night, the ocelot gets Khaelis' medical records which contain his exact weight and body measurements. Cesilee also does everyone the favor of sending out invitations to all of Khaelis' female fans to be waiting at the sant room. The technomages are then able to easily teleport Khaelis safely out of his armor and into the sant room where he is quickly floofed out for maximum huggability. "Okay, maybe not easier, but more satisfying." 

Posted by: Chevron Feb 16 2004, 07:22 PM
It would seem the man needs a bodyguard. Anyone know where i can find hradani-sized armor?

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 16 2004, 11:51 PM
thank goodness for locators.
*runs to Sant Room to see Khaelis go under a large group of fangirls*
Woah......
*fires a round at the nearest fan who goes under before she realizes what happening*

god bless these tranq rounds

*begins firing at random fans while trying to reach Khaelis*

btw why would you need armor chevron? The fans are more than distracted to put up any resistance thx to Khaelis's cuteness.

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 16 2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah, but what happens when you finally get between them and Khaelis? 

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 17 2004, 12:33 AM
*pulls out a cattle prod*
More than ready to stop them.
*pulls out a modified FDB (now the size of a grenade)*
and change the color of my fur if i have to.

Posted by: Chevron Feb 17 2004, 10:48 AM

Yeah, but what happens when you finally get between them and Khaelis? 

Exactly. Stampedes are painful.

Posted by: Flinthoof Feb 17 2004, 11:00 AM
The original Campus Safari / Roomies crossover bit was hatched out during a real time chat between Syke and myself. A bit of roll play to determine some of the dialogue and it just snowballed from there. A couple of hours of silly fun and then finding out it turned into the script's dialogue almost verbatim.

Yes, "Yummy Foxy Goodness" is an original Rhonda quote. It's just too fun not to use it.

As for poor Khaelis- did he ever have a chance? What would happen if someone hypnotized him into being the lady's man? Probably go too far into the machismo thing and we'd end up with a 70's reject in a white jumpsuit, wide pant legs, gold jewelery on his bare fur chest (open wide lapel shirt/jacket) out on the dance floor under the lights with John Travolta green with envy on the sidelines.

Disco Fox!

Posted by: Ryalto Feb 17 2004, 03:28 PM
I would point out that the standard Fur Dye Bomb is about the same size and shape as a smoke detector. Thus, larger than a grenade. You cannon modify it's internal volumn any smaller than that, or you don't have room for the mechanisms to safely deploy the dye. Could result in nasty burns, singened fur and other nasty side effects.

Posted by: Flinthoof Feb 17 2004, 05:19 PM
Not that you've had any experience in the manufacturer or deployment of said fur dye devices? Hmm???

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 17 2004, 09:56 PM
now my neighbor has an actual grenade (it was a dud) and those things are bigger than a lot of the smoke detectors i've seen. My current smoke detector is a 4in circle that is about 2 in tall so its rather small. A grenade would probably be able to hold more if not an equal amount of explosive as a smoke detector. Especially since the shrapnel would be replaced with dye.

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 17 2004, 10:03 PM
If he's saying it's about as large as a smoke detector, which is larger than a grenade, then it should be obvious he's not talking about a small smoke detector... 

Posted by: Jharin Feb 17 2004, 11:19 PM
If it's that size why not just design the FDB as a claymore?

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 17 2004, 11:33 PM
darn you and your play on words ilfar

Posted by: Chevron Feb 18 2004, 06:54 AM
*plants a Fur Dye Claymore, facing away from him and at everyone else*
"wonder what color it is?"
*detonates the FDC*
"ugh. neon green."

Posted by: Flinthoof Feb 18 2004, 10:03 AM
Mmmm! Green! My favorite color. And Jade's!

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 18 2004, 11:08 AM
even though i look like i got puked on by a radioactive creature i dont really care what color my fur is. If worst comes to worse i could always get some of that dye remover ilfar has.

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 18 2004, 01:26 PM
I got rid of it, colours are fun 

Posted by: Ryalto Feb 18 2004, 03:29 PM
When I designed it, I had a particularly old smoke detector in mind. THe dimensions should be 4 inches by 7.5 inches, and remember that it isn't a perfect circle. I have a small doodle of it somewhere on my webspace... but can't be bothered to link it as I'm d/ling a patch at the moment.

Posted by: Andrick Feb 18 2004, 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Chevron @ Feb 18 2004, 04:54 AM)
*plants a Fur Dye Claymore, facing away from him and at everyone else*... 

Uh, Chevron? You do know that claymore mines have an hour-glass shaped area of effect, right? That there is blowback and shrapnel going in a direction opposite of the "THIS SIDE TOWARD ENEMY" stencil? So, unless you were in a bunker or an area far removed from the device, which you clearly did not state, then you too would be in the "blast". *the ringwolf swipes a finger across Chevron's shoulder and looks at it* Yup, neon green. 

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 18 2004, 09:05 PM
I wonder if there are any cyantians that have died their fur neon green. I know chatin and silk got theirs died but not such a strange color.

Posted by: Chevron Feb 18 2004, 10:02 PM
Well, there are now.

*the ringwolf swipes a finger across Chevron's shoulder and looks at it* Yup, neon green. 

Yeah, but it wipes right off my skin. no fur, see? Personally, i think Neon is just fine in small amounts, like my hair.

Posted by: Leonis Feb 21 2004, 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Flinthoof @ Feb 17 2004, 11:00 AM)
The original Campus Safari / Roomies crossover bit was hatched out during a real time chat between Syke and myself. A bit of roll play to determine some of the dialogue and it just snowballed from there. A couple of hours of silly fun and then finding out it turned into the script's dialogue almost verbatim.

Yes, "Yummy Foxy Goodness" is an original Rhonda quote. It's just too fun not to use it.

As for poor Khaelis- did he ever have a chance? What would happen if someone hypnotized him into being the lady's man? Probably go too far into the machismo thing and we'd end up with a 70's reject in a white jumpsuit, wide pant legs, gold jewelery on his bare fur chest (open wide lapel shirt/jacket) out on the dance floor under the lights with John Travolta green with envy on the sidelines.

Disco Fox! 

Yup yup yup!!!

Posted by: Leonis Feb 21 2004, 10:21 PM
If you read it kinda devolves into an ODD RP/DIscussion.. and goes from there... Go and read back if you really wanna

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 21 2004, 10:57 PM
I believe that is what is called a rhetorical question... Cause if he actually wants an answer it's gonna take a while and won't make terribly much sense 

Posted by: Leonis Feb 21 2004, 11:06 PM
Ah!

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 21 2004, 11:11 PM
For some reason I read your name as 'Jharin', and he's male... So I didn't get your gender confused, I just got confused about who you were 
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Conjecture: Quinn's bra size, A mature discusion here, guys.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 05:33:42 PM »

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 21 2004, 11:15 PM
Maaaaybe

Yes, it was an apology, just done in my own little (slightly skewed) way 

Posted by: AnAnonymousFox Feb 21 2004, 11:46 PM
Yeah, some threads get way off topic. A few of them went from something relatively normal to either nuclear arsenals or plasma arsenals, like the book one. Generally if you ignore the digression, it'll eventually get back on track. 138

Posted by: Chevron Feb 21 2004, 11:48 PM
i think it's a lost cause, AAF.
And if you're referring to the "games!" thread, it's not my fault.

Posted by: Chrome Feb 22 2004, 12:34 AM
Well, this thread sure has some fun topics in it...

Regarding finding out Quinn's bust size; it's easy.
You just brace yourself, walk up with courage and resolve...
and bribe her tailor.

I won't be doing that, mind you...
Cilke might find it an odd thing to ask.

Regarding three genders, there are, appropriately enough, three practical systems for that, one of which has been covered already...

Cosmetic surgery for Cyantians?
Hey, you just can't fake a big floofy tail!

Posted by: Leonis Feb 22 2004, 12:39 AM
Actually.. I bet you could!!

Posted by: Chevron Feb 22 2004, 12:41 AM
Give Your Hairdresser a Headache day

Posted by: Leonis Feb 22 2004, 12:42 AM
*Nods* agreed! That would do it.. Or stick your finger in an electrical socket!

Posted by: Chevron Feb 22 2004, 11:28 PM
Nah...then you get that singed look, plus you gotta get all the damage repaired by said hairdresser.

Posted by: Leonis Feb 22 2004, 11:46 PM
Hurm... Well I guess... *tries to come up with a snappy come back* *gets nothing*

Posted by: Vixaria Malonis Feb 23 2004, 02:43 AM
Okay... can we cease the senseless posting here? I know that padding our postcounts is a very important thing, but this is seriously off topic for an FAQ thread that all intelligent discussion on ended at... what... around the 6th or 7th page?

Posted by: Chevron Feb 23 2004, 06:47 AM
that tends to happen. 

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 23 2004, 11:25 AM
A topic is never truely over on this forum until it has gone SEVERAL pages off topic.

The games thread was a classic example of the above saying. Also its almost impossible to prevent something from going offtopic unless you actively hunt down off topic post and give your self a reputation as a bully.

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 23 2004, 11:38 AM
I dunno, I can think of a real easy way to stop the conversation

I will note that off-topicness has forced one person to close a thread they created already. So just try to keep it within certain limits, neh? No fighting, no needless provocation, and try to keep the posts with at least a paragraph of somewhat informative text.

Some RP response is allowed, but once a thread goes purely RP I'd ask that you stop. Perhaps we should just have one or two RP-type threads where you can take all that kind of stuff...

Posted by: Chevron Feb 23 2004, 12:35 PM
fair 'nuff.

Posted by: Leonis Feb 23 2004, 02:22 PM
Agreed... Like an RP where we can just RP... as ourselfs.... so to speak... *shrugs* I guess it really doesn't matter..

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Feb 23 2004, 03:51 PM
I shall now git us back on topic! *pulls out a bust-size chart* everyone line up! wheres Quin?

Posted by: Leonis Feb 23 2004, 09:11 PM
*Stares and covers his eyes, but peeks through his fingers knowing that she should have to get at least partially nude to do this properly and he wants to know what one looks like*

Posted by: Leonis Feb 23 2004, 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Anterus @ Jan 27 2004, 01:10 PM)
Fairly certain on this: Syke's avatar doesn't blink, it can't, it's a one-frame gif. However, gifs are very small, and, if the colors are simple, they look just fine.

Now, lesee, they had a 3-gendered species in Enterprise, too, and at least 3 in Voyager, for Species 8472. Just a couple more instances.

And, Dylar...how could they scientifically prove (and we'll leave off of the proof bit for right now) that the ideal number of genders is non-integral, and more than 2? As far as I know, we don't have any species on this planet w/ more than 2, so how could you test for more than that. Furthermore...how WOULD you test? 

Actually there are forms of tree fungus I believe that have 12 genders...

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 23 2004, 10:37 PM
Last warning Leonis - No more double-posting...

Posted by: Leonis Feb 23 2004, 11:20 PM
I sometimes double post because I post then later I go back and read through long posts that I havn't done.. just o catch up on what is going on... and I have not yet effectivly found a way of posting multiple topics in one post..

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 23 2004, 11:27 PM
Use the edit button, or I will be deleting BOTH posts from now on.

Posted by: Leonis Feb 23 2004, 11:29 PM
Is it ok if I double post... copy one over to the other then delete the extraneous post?

Posted by: AnAnonymousFox Feb 23 2004, 11:32 PM
I personally have no problems with double postings, especially if the two are a +1 day apart. Granted, I too occasionally double post, but I can't do much about it when I do it. 160

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 23 2004, 11:35 PM
So long as there aren't two posts when I look, I'll be happy. A day apart is (barely) acceptable, but when the posts are only an hour or so apart...

Posted by: Leonis Feb 23 2004, 11:36 PM
I am assuming that they have a problem with me posting in a topic once every couple of hours.... *shrugs* At least I have not triple posted yet... or quadruple or decada posted yet (the last one is 10 posts in a row) I got used to seeing that in at elast one of my old forums. And usually it was with alot less info. And all relating to the same post...

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 23 2004, 11:42 PM
These are not your old forums, attempts to turn them into those forums will result in me requesting that your IP range be blocked by Syke.

Posted by: Leonis Feb 23 2004, 11:57 PM
*nods* That is why I am attempting to limit my multiple posts too... on occasion double posts...

Posted by: Vixaria Malonis Feb 24 2004, 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Leonis @ Feb 23 2004, 11:20 PM)
I sometimes double post because I post then later I go back and read through long posts that I havn't done.. just o catch up on what is going on... and I have not yet effectivly found a way of posting multiple topics in one post.. 

Strange, Leonis... with proper usage of paragraphs and sentences, allowing for whitespace and clear markers of whom I am talking to, I manage to do that all the time without much personal thought going into the matter. It's certainly not on par with searching for the Holy Grail.

Oh, and Ilfar... I stand behind ya on the matter, this is starting to get very annoying.

Posted by: Leonis Feb 24 2004, 12:50 AM
My mind tends not to follow a single pattern though... I am unable to think coherant thoughts and sometimes my thoughts skip and such... *shakes his head* nvm... just ignore me...

Posted by: Flinthoof Feb 24 2004, 08:55 AM
I was not aware there was any posted rules for the frequency of postings. I would think that actively encouraging people to post would be healthier than telling people they must wait for X amount of time before they can be allowed to post once more. Silly one liner posts don't do much to move a topic along, but if you post something, someone posts a really good reply and you wish to comment on it, do you then need to wait X amount of time before responding? That's very limiting and would throttle any discussion quickly.

"I acknowledge your question, but under the current ruleset, I must refrain from telling you where the dead bodies are for.....another 23 hours, Officer."

Perhaps I am confused. This is not an unknown state for me.

This does seem to be the sort of thing that should have been taken to private email though. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 24 2004, 09:09 AM
No rules on frequency of postings, just rules on double/triple/etc-posting... Every forum I've ever posted on has had a generally acknowledged "don't double-post" type rule in effect, often enforced by regular members of the forum asking the poster in question to use the edit button.

I've asked him not to do it in a private PM before, but that hasn't seemed to sunk in yet. I've had private complaints from Harley, Ryalto and Datban on the SLA forum about him, and there are a number of (what I read as) negative comments in his "Woah!" thread.

Silly one liner posts don't do much to move a topic along, but if you post something, someone posts a really good reply and you wish to comment on it, do you then need to wait X amount of time before responding?

No need to wait, but if you post, then notice that someone posted before you, then edit your post to include the change, don't post again.

An since I'm not sure I've said the word often enough in this post yet

Edit, edit, edit, edit, EDIT, edit, edit, edit, edit, edit, edit!

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 24 2004, 10:34 AM
imo opinion double posting is not acceptable if there isn't a significant gap of time between the posts.

In other words dont post something and 5 minutes later post again before someone has even responded.

However if there is a gap of time (such as a day or more) then i would have no problem with someone posting directly after another of their posts.
The reason being is that an edited post does not show up on the topic board as a new post.

*points to signature* Beware the Draconian that loses his politeness.

Posted by: Jayna Feb 24 2004, 05:49 PM
This being the first time that I have been on a chat forum, I hadn't realized double posting was impolite until Ilfar told me.
Oh, something a little more on topic. If you want exact bra measurements, it's 'band size+cup size=bra size'

Posted by: Andrick Feb 24 2004, 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Hunter87 @ Feb 24 2004, 08:34 AM)
imo opinion double posting is not acceptable if there isn't a significant gap of time between the posts... However if there is a gap of time (such as a day or more) then i would have no problem with someone posting directly after another of their posts. The reason being is that an edited post does not show up on the topic board as a new post... 

Still not a good enough reason, Hunter; let me explain why. This forum, like so many others, has a standard set of features giving various options and abilities to members. "Edit" is one of those functions which I harp on the most. A much overlooked function is the "Delete" function located so close to the "Edit" button. If you are changing your post and wish for this new piece of information you are amending to your post to show up like a new post does in the forum, then all one needs to do is copy the text directly from one's own post, delete that post, then add reply as normal for a new message with the pasted text previously copied plus the new information.

I've used this tactic to move up an important topic in the Forum "lounge" to keep it from being buried under a slew of archive threads that another forumite had copied over.

Look at the options you have. See what you have been granted in powers to enable you to communicate better by the Admins/Mods. Excercise those tools available, people!

Posted by: Chevron Feb 24 2004, 11:22 PM
The problem is, if oh, say, two days pass, no one will notice unless you add a new post.

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 24 2004, 11:30 PM
That's what he's just said you do... Add your new post, include the text of your last post, and then delete the old post...

Posted by: Chevron Feb 25 2004, 06:57 AM
my bad.

Posted by: Raptorwolf Chick Feb 25 2004, 05:37 PM
EESH~! Even afta' I pulled out da' chart we still got off topic ^^; you people sure have wandering minds, which is why yur all so creative probably 

Posted by: AnAnonymousFox Feb 25 2004, 05:51 PM
Well there's not much to say on this topic, so it wanders frequently, only to come back later, sometimes after a few pages. The narrower the topic, the easier it is for us to wander. Hair is the exception though, that one didn't wander too much and as such has more or less finished. Other Anatomical Questions was rather broad and would only stray a few posts before getting back on subject. Odd how it was closed after only 1 page of digression though.

Besides, this topic is not one to take too seriously for too long. *wags tail in amusement* 169

Posted by: Chevron Feb 26 2004, 06:54 AM

Besides, this topic is not one to take too seriously for too long. *wags tail in amusement*

Yeah...It's kinda hard.

Posted by: Leonis Feb 26 2004, 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Chevron @ Feb 26 2004, 06:54 AM)
Besides, this topic is not one to take too seriously for too long. *wags tail in amusement* 

Yeah...It's kinda hard. 

No... it is just that you can only conjecture about her bra size before it becomes a moot point... *shrugs* At least that is my opinion*

Posted by: Lenisa Feb 27 2004, 02:11 PM
"Well...Digni, Shivae, and Scythetails don't have breasts. In fact, none of the Native Cyantians do, but Aqautics sure have impressive gills." 

Posted by: Hunter87 Feb 27 2004, 03:43 PM
lol

what an interesting topic that one was.

Posted by: Ilfar Feb 28 2004, 02:33 PM
"Wow! Look at that one breathe!" 

Posted by: Leonis Feb 28 2004, 03:40 PM
That one what?!? *holds his poor lil head all confused*

Posted by: Chevron Feb 29 2004, 10:48 PM
Aquatics' gills tend to look like breasts.

Posted by: Hunter87 Mar 1 2004, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't get any ideas touching them though.

Somthing tells me anyone that did that would lose more than just a few fingers. Which brings me to the question.

Who here thinks marcus is likely to lose a few fingers along the course of his stay at the academy?

Posted by: Brandon Mar 1 2004, 11:40 AM
Not exactly lose them, but get them broken instead. Especially if his hands were to touch Celina   !

Posted by: Leonis Mar 1 2004, 11:45 AM
 Agreed. Marcus my not be able to move ANY body part if he touches Celina.

Posted by: Brandon Mar 1 2004, 12:16 PM
Unless of course  , he was pumped up on Litax  .

Posted by: Hunter87 Mar 1 2004, 03:48 PM
I have a bit of a hunch that syke has something cruel planned for marcus in the future. Maybe an injury of some sort relating to his "enthusiasm"

Posted by: Leonis Mar 1 2004, 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Brandon @ Mar 1 2004, 12:16 PM)
Unless of course  , he was pumped up on Litax  .

*nods* Give him so much Litax... 

Posted by: Jayna Mar 5 2004, 03:04 PM
Why do the kangaroos in SoS have breasts anyway? An Earth kangaroo has it's nipples inside the pouch. The ones in SoS were supposed to be based off of Earth roos right?

Posted by: Ryalto Mar 5 2004, 03:28 PM
The roos are based on Jiliacs, which are a Cyantian species that resemble Earth Kangaroos. They are not based on Earth Kangroos.

Just like the Digni look sorta like armadillos, but aren't in any way related to Armadillos.

Posted by: Flinthoof Mar 5 2004, 03:56 PM
And Jiliacs jiggle when they jump.

Great Jumping Jiggling Jiliacs, man! You've got to do something!

Posted by: Ilfar Mar 5 2004, 05:15 PM
I am doing something - I'm sitting here watching 

Posted by: Lenisa Mar 5 2004, 08:02 PM
*giggle* "Actually, I believe Syke said something about EG having added breasts (or at least breast-like lumps of flesh) for aesthetic purposes. Its also a handy way to tell males from females among the adults...not that its particularly important, but..." *shrugs*

Posted by: Duggan Apr 1 2004, 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Syke @ Dec 10 2003, 05:53 AM)
*I don't think men really have a good guage of breast size. * 

Vaguely reminds me of that joke about why women tend to be so bad at math. {holds up his hands, palms about 6 inches apart} They keep getting told that's a foot.

Posted by: Jerry May 24 2006, 11:11 PM
um syke why don't ya think men have a good guage of breast size? 

sorry for raiseing the dead 

Posted by: Rurudyne May 25 2006, 09:45 AM
Necroposter!

BTW ... any Cyantian female would have fur on the articles in question. Which would make them look fuller to varied degrees (species dependant) unless they got wet.

In a related matter: swim wear would probably have to be adapted accordingly. First so they don't cause fur to foof out at odd angles when dry and second so they aren't dependant on same to stay in place once wet.

Of course, as a high tech society such a feat wouldn't be difficult.

Not that a bikini bought on Earth would have the same traits.

Just imagine Marcus innocently singing "itty bitty, teeney weenie, yellow polka dot bikini" around ... say ... Celina, totally unaware of THAT incident from her past involving a similar Earth garment.

Posted by: Jerry May 25 2006, 05:15 PM
whoah that would be a disaster

marcus winds up in medical bay with a broken leg (or arm) if not any worse injury

i think Quinn would be a C cup in dry fur and a D when her fur is damppend down i'd have to figure it out before i get an accurate answer.....

Necroposter hahaha!! oh man thats a new one

(hmmm 888 posts for Ruic heh i guess my lucky number appears when i least expect it)

oh and if i have the sizes mixed around please tell me 

Posted by: WindWhisper May 25 2006, 10:51 PM
 I believe, Jerry, that the person in question would go down in size, as fur tends to stick together and appear smaller when wet..at least that's how it is with my cat when I have to bathe her  . She appears considerably diminished  until I dry her off.  Really, I'm not being mean...but she can't deal with fleas OR flea collars  .
And she gets Shrimp after 
All in all, Wet: C cup, Dry: D cup. 

Posted by: Jerry Jun 3 2006, 06:41 AM
i knew i was gonna get it mixed up oh well thats 20 dollars out the window for me 

Posted by: MephitMark Jun 7 2006, 11:45 PM
Just sort of off topic, but has any one here read Paul Kidds' book "The Fangs of K'aath". There is a line in there I just know will be repeated a little to often for some ladies. Especially if Spooky is still around.

Page 115, nineth paragraph.

Posted by: Rurudyne Jun 16 2006, 08:04 AM
Since we were talking about bathing suits just a bit ago ...

Here's something for many a Cindy sunbather to consider ...

http://www.kevinandkell.com/2006/kk0616.html

daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Conjecture: Quinn's bra size, A mature discusion here, guys.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »

Title: Re: Conjecture: Quinn's bra size, A mature discusion here, guys.
Post by: Josh the Aspie on August 22, 2006, 04:45:46 PM
o.O and this deserves to be in the FAQ section? :P

Post by: daemonschile on August 23, 2006, 12:43:45 PM
*Shrug* - maybe?

Or do you think it would fit better in OOC or general discussion?

(Figured this was one thread that everyone remembers and links to, so we want to put it somewhere in case the backup of the old forum fails... and it does contain anatomy questions and answers, and wanders into proper posting habits...  ;))

Post by: Ryalto Trebor on August 23, 2006, 01:45:39 PM
*hangs head in shame*

Why will this thread never die?  :'(

Post by: Josh the Aspie on August 23, 2006, 04:31:42 PM
*snickers* I'd think the archival sections personally.

Post by: daemonschile on August 24, 2006, 01:39:33 PM
Ok, ok... moved