Author Topic: (Spaceport) Fun in the Garden  (Read 1594 times)

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
(Spaceport) Fun in the Garden
« on: March 10, 2010, 05:29:23 pm »
Title: Fun in the Garden

Sub-Title: Rystall hopes for some quiet time...

Creator: Darius Fan

Start Date: October 12 2005, 10:24 PM

End Date: March 21 2006, 12:37 PM

Quote from: Darius Fan
Rystall crept quietly along the pathway to the garden, feet padding almost imperceptibly on the ground.  He was trying his best to look inconspicuous.  He looked calmly around, waiting for the perfect moment...

Several tics went by as he innocently walked around the garden.

Suddenly, there were no others within eyesight of him.  He slipped into the bushes with almost a dive.  Going deeper, he crouched down, trying not to be seen.  At last he found a good-sized clearing surrounded by thick bush that was far enough away from the path that no one could look down and see him.

"Ahhh... perfect for some quiet poetry writing..." he murmured, setting his pack down on the grass.  Lying down on his belly and stretching out, he removed a small digital journal from his pack, along with a stylus.  After a short pause, he turned it on and began writing.  As time passed, he forgot where he was, and his tail subconciously lifted, slowly swaying back and forth - almost a full handspan above his concealing shrubbery.

Quote from: Darthtabby
OOC: Was he looking up when he approached?

OOC: Was he looking up when he approached?

OOC: Most likey not.  Such a thing hadn't occured to him.  But if someone were watching him long enough, his powerful shnozzle would pick them up eventually.

*Afterthought*  Actually, let's do this.  If I don't specifically mention something, assume it didn't happen.  Within reason.  No telling me I wasn't watching out for meteors or something... :P (Hopefully this will be more serious than the Newbie pool/castle/mountain...)

OOC: Forgot about the scent thing, but this should work...

IC:

The sight of Rystall's tail attracted the notice of a certain very observant black vixen as she conducted an off trail hike.  Curious as to what someone else was doing this far from the trail, she made her way to a nearby tree and climbed stealthily up it and crept onto a branch.  From there she could see the young wolf, and she wondered what he was doing.   Was there something wrong?  Why was he hiding?

OOC: Remember, Rystall has a good sense of smell...

Wind whispers through the autumn trees
Followed by the quiet breeze
Filled with pollen - one could sneeze
Yet the wind will never -

Rystall froze, catching a scent in the air.  Familiar... but he couldn't put his finger on it...

He dismissed it, and began writing again.  New poem.  He'd lost the other one.

Quietly, creeping through the grass
Not a sound, not a hint
Not a soul, no one talks
To this sneaky, little -

Fox! he realized, stiffening.  With a single movement, he sat up, and his journal and stylus vanished with a small *fwip* into his pack.

"Who's there?" he whispered, sniffing then turned his head to look at up a a tree where the smell was coming from.  "You shouldn't be spying on people... It's rather rude, you know..."

Chesa's eyes widened.

What the heck?  How did he pick me up so easily?

"Uh... I noticed there was someone here, and I decided to come see if there was anything wrong."

Rystall raised his eyebrows.  "By sneaking up a tree and watching me silently for... almost 3 tics?" he asked incredulously.

Chesa had been feeling a little ashamed after her discovery, but Rystall's words got her back up.

"I was trying to be discrete," she retorted hotly.

"Discreet, eh?  Why don't you just come down here, Fox, so I can see you." Rystall asked calmly, amazed the fox could be so defensive in this situation  "It's rather uncomfortable to speak to someone you can't see."

Rystall's shift to a calmer tone seemed to calm Chesa down as well, and she made her way down the tree at a moderate pace, though her gaze was definetly not meek as she eyed the larger creature, waiting for him to speak.

"Oooh... a black fox, eh?  Don't see many around anymore, do you?  Well, it's nice to meet you." he said politely, still sitting. 

"And your name is...?" he hinted, gazing unblinkingly at the vixen with his deep golden-brown eyes.

"Chesa Serval," she replied, in a calm tone.  Although some people might not notice her, she was not unfamiliar with attracting attention.

"And I am Rystall Humlee." he responded in an amused voice.

"You seem awfully up-tight.  Is something wrong, Chesa?" he asked, cocking his head curiously.

Chesa blinked.

"Um no, not really.  Although..."

She hesitated.

"I'm still not sure if there was anything bothering you earlier."

"Erm... not really, no... I was just taking some quiet time to, you know do... stuff." Rystall explained, shifting his eyes, obviously embarassed, then added in almost a mumble, "Like poetry..."

"Anyway!" he blurted out brisky, "How did you find me?  Smell?  Were you in that tree all this time?"

Chesa laughed nervously.

"I saw the tip of your tail above the bushes."  She didn't figure things needed a whole lot more explanation.  After all, thanks to his having scented her, Chesa's impression of Rystall was that the wolf was fairly observant.

Rystall glanced back at the offending appendage.  "Ah.  I see."

"Sooo.. why were you out here in the first place?" he asked, looking back at her

"Looking for someone to spy on?" he added with a teasing glint in his eyes.

Chesa laughed nervously, and the tip of her tail curled slightly as a sign of her discomfort.

"No actually, I just happen to like to go off the trails sometimes.  Things seem a little more natural back here.  Not to mention peaceful."

"Ah.  Yes, it is quite peaceful around here.  And... inspiring..." Rystall breathed whistfully.

Finally, he was sure he had worked up enough courage to ask the question that had been bugging him the entire conversation.  Or so he hoped.  He tried anyway.

"Sooo... being a black fox, can you, you know... erm... uh... sort of... oh, nevermind..." he trailed off in a huffy mutter, frustrated with his lack of confidence.

"Blast you to bits where you stand?" she asked with an arched brow.  "No, not really.  My elite abilities aren't very well developed, at least in that area."

"Erm... that's a bit more blunt than I would have put it, but I guess it will do." Rystall laughed nervously, abashed.  "You don't seem like that type anyway, even if you could."

"Still... you can never tell about some... on wolves, I can vouch for that..." he went on, and a brief supressed image of a crazed wolf attacking him on the street flashed through his head.  He shuddered unconciously.

Stay away from my daughter, filthy animal!

"Well, you don't have anything to fear from me anyway," Chesa replied, not liking where the conversation was going.  "Not unless you try to kill me at any rate."

Rystall snapped out his his trance at those words.  He stared at the vixen for a what seemed like a long time/

Then he started to laugh.  "Try to kill you?  Why would I do something like that?  Besides, I'm so clumsy I'd probably end up hurting myself in the process." he blurted, still chuckling.

But soon, he grew serious again.  "Nonetheless... there must be a reason you're still here.  What do  you want?  You would have excused yourself some time ago if there wasn't anything here for you.  What is it?  Go ahead." he urged in a soft voice

Chesa laid her ears back as Rystall spoke, feeling ashamed.  By the time he was finished speaking however her jaw was set and her eyes were proudly defiant.

"You might not want to try to kill me," she replied, not caring whether her words disrupted the mood of the conversation, "But that doesn't mean there aren't people out there who do, and it doesn't mean there weren't people who haven't."

The vixen clenched her fist.  Normally, she would not have said what she was about to say, as she didn't like coming across as high and mighty, but she felt the situation called for it.

"I've survived two attempts on my life, one of which was made when I was only twelve rots old.  I doubt you can say the same."

A dark expression flashed through Rystall's eyes.

"No.  I think you mistake yourself.  Someone did try to kill me one.  I was eleven rots myself." he said distantly, and the past began rearing it's head again...

[quote name='Darthtabby' date='Oct 13 2005, 01:46 PM' post='44836']
"Oh...um... alright... still, I think you can..."

Chesa trailed off, her ears dropping.  She had not expected that response.

"Sorry."

"Think nothing of it, fox." Rystall chuckled, then sobered.  "Just remember that being a black fox does not not give you the right to claim all past woes for yourself.  Fear, jelousy, and politics are not the only plausible reason to attempt to kill someone."

"However... I cannot claim to be the victim of attempted genocide." he added, looking at the into the vixen's eyes with a small amout of pity.

OOC: Why is Rystall still referring to Chesa as "fox"?  Isn't that a bit derogatory?

IC:
Chesa nodded.

"There aren't many people who can.  And no, I don't think I'm really deserving of too much pity.  My family and the Aranian government went to great lengths to protect me.  I think I'd be doing them a diservice if I allowed myself to become something worthy of pity."

OOC: Rystall's social skills are still what you could call... developing.  And yes, I realize it's somewhat derogatory, but he doesn't.

He's so adorable in his innocence! :P

"Very well, I won't pity you then." Rystall said with a small grin.

"By the way, did you wonder how I knew you were in that tree?" he asked, changing the subject. 

"It's because of this." he explained, tapping his nose.  "Really powerful sense of smell.  Been that way since I was born.  The only reason I didn't register you sooner is that I've never smelled a black fox before.  And yes, you all smell different. 

"Golds are almost... musty.  You're more subtle, softer." he continued.  "Also, when canids are feeling strong emotions, they give off certain smells.  Like that gold I passed earlier... he smelled nervous, and he was male... I think.  It was hard to see much through the lift armor."

Quote from: daemonschile
A calico blinked, just now noticing the sound of voices coming up from below.  Being careful not to disturb the nest she was examining, she slowly climbed down to a lower branch and gazed upwind where a wolf and a fox seemed to be having an animated discussion.

Chesa blinked.

"Are you serious?  You can tell a fox's colour by their scent?  I can recognise individuals by scent, but I can't recognise colours.  Of course, I've spent far less time among my own kind then most foxes have, but still..."

Quote from: Doink
Alraune strolled through the gardens with a wistful expression on her face. She wore an unusual choice of dress for the people in the spaceport, a leather suit that obscured most of her body. Her fur was vivid red in color, with a few orange hairs mixed in with her headfur and on the tip of her ears and her tail. She stood at only 4'6", a short height even for a fox. Her eyes were a piercing blue, and currently focused on the path she was walking.

It had been a difficult task persuading her brother to send her to Mars Academy. She knew he was only trying to protect her, but lately she'd felt smothered by his attention and she was relieved to get a small break from his constant fussing. But on the other paw, he was the only friend she had, and she was completely alone without his assistance.

Alraune sat down heavily at the thought of being alone. It wasn't fair. It wasn't right. No one should have to go through the hardships of life without anyone to lean on, and yet this had been her lot in life for ten long, difficult rots. All the more reason to find someone now, she reasoned. The faster I can start a new life, the faster I can forget about... him.

Alraune was just beginning to get up when she heard rustling in the bushes. She looked in the direction of the sound and saw a pair of faint outlines. She hesitated for a moment, then called out to them in English. "H-hello? Who's there?"

Turned, sniffing.  He could see a shadow through the bush.  "Oh, hello.  Is something wrong?" he asked politely.

Then, with a whisper to Chesa, he added.  "Red fox.  Vixen. *sniff* Sad or worried.  Let's see if I'm right."

Alraune pushed through the brush and looked at Rystall and Chesa. "Oh. Hello." She sat down next to them and slumps into a bored position. "So are you headed for Mars Academy too?"

Aha!  A red fox! he exulted silently. The nose never fails!

"Oh, hello.  I'm Rystall.  You are?" he asked the red fox with a warm smile, and added, "It's getting rather crowded in here, isn't it?"

And another fox joins them in the bushes.... what could those three be doing crammed into such a small hidden area....  Her ears droop a moment as a thought hit her.

Well... probably not that... but still... they might want their privacy....

Prenna climbs the rest of the way down the tree and starts quietly going back to the path.

"Alraune Belmora." Alraune settled into position and took out her datapad. She turned to look at Chesa. "What about you?"

OOC: I'm going to act as though Alraune hasn't met Chesa or Prenna from earlier threads from the Spaceport.

"I'm Rystall Humlee.  It's nice to meet you, Alraune." he answered formally.

"And that mounty over there can join us.  Yes, you.  The one who's been watching us all this time." Rystall said suddenly, looking behind him as the wind blew up a stir of scents that indicated the mounty was moving.  He had hoped the mounty would introduce itself (she? It was hard to tell.  Unfamiliar variation), but it appeared to be leaving.

"You could at least say hello..." he hinted.

Am I that facinating? he wondered. Everyone is watching me.

Prenna glances back a little quizzically, having only caught the '...at least say hello....'

"Erm... hello.  Don't mind me... didn't mean to interupt... "  she backs up more towards the path.

"Then don't." Alraune enters something on the datapad and begins reading something onscreen.

Rystall raised an eyebrow at the red fox, then turned where he smelled the Mounty.

"Come on... don't be shy.  I don't bite." he said invitingly, chuckling.

She glances to the curt fox, then back to the wolf.  "Erm... I don't know.... I think your girlfriend wants a little more privacy..."

Rystall coughed involuntarily.

"Erm... I wouldn't exactly call her that.  I just met her...  I only know her name, and what she ate earlier today." he said carefully.

"I have no objection to you joining us.  Don't worry about it.  I don't think she bites either." he assured the Mounty.

Calico?  How interesting.  That's the first I've seen...

"Chesa Serval," Chesa managed to inform Alraune before Rystall called out to Prenna.  When the calico said "Erm... I don't know.... I think your girlfriend wants a little more privacy..." she coughed in a manner that almost made it sound as though she had something caught in her throat.

"Girlfriend?" she demanded once she'd recovered. Then, as she realised what those words implied, she added, "Just what sort of vixen do you think I am?" in an outraged tone.

Oh dear... this isn't going too well... Rystall thought, and his ears drooped a bit.  Chesa is throwing off anger scents, adn that mounty is waaay too nervous.

"Chesa... I think it was just a misunderstanding.  Don't overreact." he said quietly.  Then, before the mounty could back off again, he added.  "Please... just sit down.  I don't think anyone wants to hurt you."

Squid... Chesa's emotions are changing directions on a whim... he pondered, frowing. What's wrong with her?

Wait a moment... she isn't... he suddenly thought, a suspision working it's way into his mind.  He blushed slightly, but didn't voice the thought.

OOC: She's not.  That was just a possibility I'd considered back before Chesa actually appeared in this thread.

OOC:  Never said she was :P  Just a suspision. on Rystall part.

Also, I thought pure OOC posts were frowned upon...

Alraune shook her head at Chesa's outburst and sighed. Why do I even want to be friends with these idiots? "Ugh. I think she was refering to ME, Chesa. And no, I'm not his girlfriend. I don't even know him."

I wouldn't be so sure about the not biting...  Prenna's ears are clamped down, her tail drooping, as she looks amongst the trio with confusion.

Does he always take females he's just met into secluded areas like that?

Not moving any closer, "Erm.... I... don't know....  What are you all doing... back there?"

Rystall grinned sheepishly.

"Well, I was here first, minding my own business, when these vixen popped out of nowhere and started - oh, fine." he huffed at Alraune's disapproving expression.  "Chesa was spying on me, like you, and Alraune just stumbled in on us." 

"But I was here first." he stressed, then added, "That's not to say I mind you being here though..."

"The only spying I was doing was on the nest at the top of the tree here."  Prenna glances up at the tree she had climbed down from.

"I don't recall seeing you when I climbed up... and coming down...."  she flushed slightly in embarrassment,  "You looked like a group trying avoid.... casual watchers... "

She scratched an ear, "Which would be odd if nobody knows each other..."

"I never met anyone here until a few minutes ago," Chesa replied, her white tipped tail swishing in an irritated manner.  "I was just hiking through this area, spotted Rystall, and decided to come see if he was alright."

Alraune continued reading her datapad and listening to the conversation. "And I was mostly just bored."

Rystall sighed heavily

I just don't understand this... they're always bickering, females are. he thought, frowning slightly. It's like they instinctualy hate each other or something.

I've got a shy one, a rough one, and determined one...
he pondered.  If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were fighting over me... and were it not for the fact that two of them are foxes...

Or does that matter? he wondered with a small amout of worry, and repressed a shudder.

"Well, now that we are all here, why don't we just calm down.  I invited you all here, please, just accept that." he said, his voice still soft.

"By the way, why are all you here at the academy?" he asked, hoping to get them to stop bickering and think about other things.

Prenna looked downward, avoiding Chesa's eyes.  "Oh..."

Her tail tip twitched a couple of times before it began wrapping around one ankle.  Although something still seems a little odd... he hasn't said what he was doing... or why she thought he might need help... and the 'invited us all here'.....  Her tail tightened briefly around her ankle.

"Biology... veterinary.... kind of why I was observing the nest."

Alraune looked up, actually interested in the conversation for once. "Well, I was hoping I could get a job with the security department. It's bound to be more interesting than my old job."

Ah, so she can speak more than one sentence at a time... Rystall thought happily.

"Oh?  What was your last job?" he asked, cocking his head.

"Nest?  And I still don't know your name..." he added, looking at Prenna.

"I worked at my brother's delivery company. It's the most boring job in Centralis, bar none."

"I'd applied for a security position here myself," Chesa noted, "But in the end I ended up being hired as an Expedition Facilitator, which isn't such a bad job either.  Certainly better than the menial tasks I used to do in Arania."

"Hmm. And what does an Expedition Facilitator do?"

"Helps the faculty plan and carry out field expeditions.  So for example if the biology class wanted to take a trip to study wildlife in one of the less inhabited parts of earth, I would probably be involved in the planning and execution of that trip."

She shrugged.

"It's a fairly nice job for someone like me who likes to get out in the wilderness sometimes although I must admit my hours are a wee bit unpredictable."

"I think I'd prefer security. Although your job will probably still beat being a postmaster."

Prenna winces slightly when Chesa mentions her job.  Just... great.  And she's the one I've got upset with me.  Now I'll probably end up spending the next field trip studying the habits of rocks in the wild.

She glances at Rystall and gives a small sigh, "It's Prenna."

"Although... I don't know yours either... or why you're here."

Rystall smiled lightly, with both his eyes and his mouth.

"Call me Rystall." he said softly.

"And why was I here? Erm..." he added, and ran his paw through his hair nervously. 

"Oh, erm... just.. doing... stuff?" he finished somewhat lamely.

Prenna grins slightly, "I don't remember seeing 'stuff' in the course listings, or the positions."

Rystall flushed slightly, and looked away.

"Erm... It's not really on the courses..." he muttered quietly, embarassed.  "I just do it because I like to."

He coughed.

"Anyway, I'm taking a course in Creative Arts and Writing." he said abrubtly, his voice a bit high-pitched.

Prenna's grin degrades into a blank stare.  Stuff... he enjoys doing... that's not in a course... but won't specify... that he apparently likes doing in the bushes with random females... without him denying them being girlfriends...  and that odd change in pitch when discussing it....

Her ears clamp down.  Although I seem to be the only one... or at least the only female here thinking it.  Daren't say anything - can't get into any more trouble than it looks like I am... wish they knew how it looked though....

Keeping her voice carefully neutral, "How... interesting."

Rystall did not miss the change in voice quality.  He looked at her and blinked, confused at the sudden personality change.

"Is... something wrong, Prenna?" he asked, puzzled, cocking his head.

Alraune raised an eyebrow at Prenna. "Yeah. You look like you stepped in shivae dung."

Prenna's ears drop for a moment, her eyes shifting to the side.  Forcing a small laugh, "Wrong?  Oh... nothing, nothing...."

She forces her ears up a bit.  "Just the thought of sitting in the bushes right now's making me feel a little... claustrophobic?  Um... yeah..."

"I think I'll head over to that pond over there in the open if you don't mind...."  she starts backing up towards the path again.

Rystall blinked, then laughed. 

"Actually, I think she has a point.  It's getting rather crowded in here.  Why don't we go with her?  My legs are starting to cramp." he said to Chesa and Alraune, then glanced at Prenna. "If she doesn't mind, that is."

I wonder what her problem is... he mused.  She seems terribly nervous about something.

OOC: Hehehe.  Rystall can't take a hint, can he?  :P

Prenna gives a bit of a sigh, "No - it's fine if you want to come to the pond too... unless they'd rather stay there..."

"I wouldn't mind getting on with my walk if that's alright with the rest of you," Chesa replied.

"Alright then, Chesa.  I hope to meet you again, in more comfortable circumstances" Rystall replied with a grin. "Goodbye"

And he followed Prenna out of the bush.

One ear goes down. He doesn't seem to mind letting her leave... or try following her... why's he so set on following me?

She gives a half-hearted wave at Chesa, and begins quietly edging towards the pond, hoping to put some distance between while he hopefully focuses on Alraune still in the bush.

Alraune watched Prenna as she edged away from Rystall. Then she turned to him. "I don't think she likes you."

Rystall frowned, turning back to look at the creeping calico.

"I wonder why not.  Did I say something wrong?" he wondered aloud.

"Erm... Perhaps I should go find out... I'd hate to give someone the wrong impression..." he said, and excused himself politely, not really sure if Alraune would follow or not.

Like I did once before... he added silently.

He followed Prenna, and was soon walking next to her.

"What is wrong?  You seem troubled by something.  Did I say something wrong?" he asked her.

Prenna's eyes widened slightly as the wolf hurried to her side again. Squid!  Why does he have to be so persistant?

Laughing a little nervously, "Wrong?  Eh heh... what could be wrong...?  Oh - look at that tree - bet it'd be fun to climb!"

She quickly dashes to a tall tree next to the pond, scampering up to the point where the branches barely hold her weight, then pulls out her datapad and starts scrolling through the files. Let's see... let's see...

OOC: daemonschile... Do you really think that's gonig to discourage Rystall?   :P 

Prenna is either going to have to face him (whatever the result), or completely ditch him...

Rystall frowned up at the tree top holding the strange mounty.

What's wrong with her? he wondered. 

Oh well.  Maybe she just needs some quiet time.  I can wait. he decided.

With that, planted himself at the base of the tree and took out his journal.

What a funny, little cat
Why's she's so evasive?
She doesn't seem to want to chat...
Perhaps I need to be persuasive.

Alraune followed Rystall out of the bushes and watched him talk to Prenna. She shook her head when Prenna climbed the tree and sat underneath another one. She noticed Rystall writing in his journal. "So what are you writing about?"

Rystall jolted at the sudden, unexpected voice.  He had forgotten about Alraune.

"Oh... erm... nothing really." he said, looking away, embarrased.  He glanced up the tree, and saw Prenna was still there.

He sighed.

I really wonder what's gotten into her...

Alraune nodded and watched Prenna sitting up in her tree. "Any idea why she's acting up?"

Rystall looked back at the red vixen, then sighed.

"I wish I knew, Alraune.  I wish I knew." he said sadly.

Prenna glances down at the wolf, back to her pad, then at the wolf again.  Giving a snort, she secures the pad in her pouch again, then climbs down to where the branches are a little thicker and longer.

She takes a deep breath, then leaps to the nearest tree, sending a small shower of leaves down towards Alraune.

Alraune is quickly covered in leaves. She brushes herself off and looks up at Prenna. "Nice jump."

Rystall watched the mounty leap to the next tree, and sighed.

"Prenna!" he called irritably.  "Could you just stop running?  I just want to... talk."

And he moved to sit down under her tree, opposite of Alraune, who was still brushing off leaves.

Prenna glares down as the wolf moves under the tree she was now in, mumbling "Yeah, right..."

She starts circling the trunk, gauging the distances between the other trees and the one she was in now.

Alraune sighed. "Just give it up, Rystall. If she's too stuck-up to talk to you, that's her problem."

OOC: I think it is time for Rystall to show some of that resolve I mentioned him building up.

Rystall looked over at the fox, frowning slightly.  Then he stopped, his facial features contorting slightly.

"No, Alraune.  I think this has gone far enough.  I want an answer." he murmured darkly, his golden-brown eyes blazing faintly.

He turned and looked up at Prenna, who appeared ready to jump again.

"Prenna!  If there's something you want to tell me, just say it!  Stop flitting around like a frightened bird!" he barked at the errant calico, sounding angry for the first time, but cringing internally.  "I'm getting tired of this game!"

Prenna's ears clamp down. So he only pretends to be friendly for his game?  She glares down at him for a moment, then drops to all fours and starts heading out on a branch.

Alraune shook her head and sighed. "You know, Prenna, if something about him's p***ing you off, you might as well come out and tell him. Bottling up your anggst isn't going to do anyone any favors."

Prenna glances down at the vixen, her ears still clamped.  In a barely audible monotone, "Do you really trust him?  Are you so sure you shouldn't be up here too?"

Alraune blinked, then looked up. "Trust? What the hell are you talking about?"

Keeping an eye on the wolf and continuing in a voice that she hopes only the vixen can hear, "Doesn't the whole situation surrounding him strike you as being just a little off of standard?  Do you really want to be alone with him?"

Alraune thinks for a moment, then her eyes widen. "Ookaay. Well, I have to say, you have an overactive imagination. I'm 95% sure that our being in the bushes was just a coincidence." She narrows her eyes and grins nastily. "Besides, if he tries anything funny I'll make sure he never reproduces again."

Turning to face the vixen fully while keeping her voice low, "Do I?  It may be coincidence that you were there... but... what was her name... Chesa?  Did she not say she was lured in there?  And when I asked what he was doing... all he would say is 'stuff' and 'stuff not in any courses that he likes to do..."  She pauses a moment.  "There's not much 'stuff' not covered in any course.  And that suspicious laugh afterwards..."

Alraune shook her head. "No no no no no. Chesa said she saw him in the bushes and got curious. And as for his answers to your questions, maybe he's doing something else, something he wants to keep private? Besides, that sounded more like a nervous laugh to me."

OOC: Has Darius_Fan been banned from the site?

"Getting her curious to join him in the bushes isn't luring?"  Prenna paused and grinned down at Alraune, "Ok... since he won't say... just what do you think he may have been doing in the bushes that's so private that he can't even generalize?"

Alraune had had enough. "I don't know," she said sarcastically. "Let me ask him." She turned to Rystall and took a deep breath. "Hey Rystall! What were you doing in the bushes back there? You weren't luring innocent vixens in there for a little action, were you?" (Alraune, being relatively new to socializing, possesses all the sublety of a half-brick to the face.)

OOC: Seeing as how Darius Fan is banned from the old forum, he'll be sending me his RPing posts, which I will put in this thread. If anyone has a problem with this, let me know.

As Rystall

Rystall had been creeping closer to the two females? hiding spot, intent on hearing what all the fuss was about. But when the vixen shouted out that shocking accusation, he started? and the real trouble began.

?Uhhh...? he said intelligently and looked up, distracted. Then with his amazing grace (<_<), he tripped over his own feet.

With a yelp, he went sprawling, too surprised to buffer his fall with his arms. Within moments, he hit the ground snout first, mouth and nose filling with dirt.

He sat up quickly, coughing and sputtering and flailing at his nose, trying to clear it and hoping futilely that no one had noticed.

Dirt tastes terrible, he noted dully.

Alraune stared at Prenna, as if she was daring her to say something stupid. "Ya see? I know how a pervert acts and there's no way in hell that he could be one of them."

"I'm not sure I know what you're talking about!" said Rystall.  "You sure you were talking about me?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. he thought as he realized how high pitched his voice had become.

(Are you sure you want to continue the old threads and not start new ones considering the time lapse between submissions of character?)

Prenna's eyes narrowed and she hissed down to Alraune, "Are you so sure that he's not just surprised you called him on it?"

Alraune glanced at Rystall, then returned Prenna's stare coolly. "Positive. In fact..." She took another look at Rystall. "I don't think he's ever had any action."

OOC:  OUCH!  Dang!  Doink, that stuff burns!  I hope you were whispering that... :P  *puts out the fires*

Anyway, I would like to continue this thread, because I find it amusing (I hope the feeling is mutual).  But if you think I should start a new one too, please say so.

Rystall fiddled with his fingers.

"If you two are done accusing me of unethical acts, do you suppose you could come out so we can talk like civilized people?" he sang in an overly polite voice.

(OOC - it's whether you think there's been any changes to the character between your first attempt at getting him passed and now that might be better reflected with a new thread than how he acted then...)

Prenna glared at Rystall, I don't care what she says... I don't trust him. 

She sinks her claws into the branch before coldly adding, "No."

OOC: Actually, he's pretty much identical to the old one.  Go see for yourself.  I never changed him aside from changing a few nouns into pronouns.  His still perfectly good.  And in case you suspect me changing him during transfer to the Registration thread, check the edit dates

Rystall clenched his teeth in irritation, then cooled.  Yelling at the stubborn mounty would be counterproductive.

"Alright. Fine." he said softly, smiling up pleasantly at Prenna without showing his teeth.  "Then how about you stay up in that tree and tell me what makes you accuse me of these actions."

"Please." he added almost instantly as an afterthought.

Prenna gives a snort, then smirks.  "Okay... then what were you doing luring all the passing vixens into the bushes with you?"

"Please"

Rystall rolled his eyes.  "I wasn't luring them, they just popped up out of nowhere." he said, exasperated. 

"First that black fox, Chesa I think, then Alrune, then you come along, and suddenly I'm accused of 'trying to get some action' by you." he finished, and his tail began swishing in irritation.

"I don't even know why everyone is so interested in me!  I'm just a boring wolf who likes writing poetry in the bushes!" he burst out, throwing his arms in the air, then looked mortified. "I mean, ah... ah, squid."

Alraune blinked. "That's it? Poetry?"

Prenna gives a slightly toothy grin, "Oh my.  It sounds like even those who were with you don't believe that."

Alraune flicked her ear. "Noooo, I'm just surprised that he made such a big deal out of something so... minor. I saw him writing in a notebook, so it's perfectly plausible, I suppose."

Prenna's tail twitches a couple of times, "Well... I'm sure if all it is is nice normal poetry... it should be easy enough to prove.... "

Rystall reached protectively for his bag, then stopped.  Suddenly, he realized he didn't have it.

"Oh, no..." he moaned, looked frantically around for his bag with the journal in it.  You looked suspiciously up at Prenna. "I'm going to go look for my bag.  I don't need help."

He darted off in search of the missing item, sniffing the air, but not before promptly tripping over a protruding rock.

Quote from: Shippou-chan
Leikki had been out for a walk, reading some technical files on lifts somewhere away from his noisy roommate and along a quiet almost hidden path when he decided that he ought to at least take a look around to admire the beauty of the park area for a moment.

Looking around the various trees and shrubs, a gleam of reflected light catches his eye.  Investigating the item, Leikki finds an abandoned notebook and takes a look about to see if its owner might be present.

Not seeing anyone in the immediate area, Leikki ponders the situation for a moment.

I suppose I ought to at least turn it in.  I'm sure someone will miss it eventually. Let's see who it belongs to.

Opening the notebook, the name Rystall Humlee is quickly discovered along with a poem on the front page.  Curious, Leikki scans the poem and notes that this Rystall seems to have a talent with words.  Leikki closes the notebook and places it in his own bag before continuing on his path, towards the campus lost and found (which incidentally is in the direction of Prenna, Chesa, and Rystall).

Prenna's ears flicker. Doesn't need help he says...

She notices the approaching mouse from her perch and glances his way, but does not comment yet.

OOC: :D

Frantic, Rystall rushed back to the bushes he had been hiding in, nearly knocking over a mouse on the way.  He called out a vague apology as he passed.  When he got to the bushes, he found his book was gone.

And there was a new scent there.

"Oh no oh no oh noooo..." he moaned, wondering who had his journal.  Hopefully, he searched the bushes in case it had been moved, but it was indeed gone.

Rystall sat down heavily and tried to think of how he was going to fix this.

Spotting Alraune as he walks up, Leikki pauses a moment, and looks around for a moment while considering asking about Rystall.  He gears up the courage to walk up to her and ask, just in case, and slowly approaches Alraune (not seeing Prenna since she is in the trees).

"P-pardon m-me.  Would you happen to h-have seen a Ry-Rystall Humlee?  I think he lost something."

(Name corrected, thanks daemonschile)

(OOC - Chesa left earlier, that's Alraune at the base of the tree  ;) )

Prenna glances down, considers for a moment, then calls down, "I'm not sure about the Humlee, but there's a Rystall in the bushes over there."  She gestures back to the direction he had just come from.

Her eyes get wide for a moment as she supresses a chuckle. Does that mean he's going to lure someone else into the bushes with him?

Looking up in mild surprise at the calico's presence, Leikki pauses and looks behind him.  "Hmm, I m-must have missed him then.  Do you know if he was coming back?  I found his notebook, I think."

And with that he pulls out Rystall's notebook and waves it in the air, still closed.
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
Re: (Spaceport) Fun in the Garden
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 05:29:51 pm »
Prenna gives a faint grin, "Hard to say.  He said he was going to look for his notebook."

She snickers and sits down on the branch, "I'm sure he'll come back eventually if you'd rather leave it here."

OOC: While thus far none of you have said anything that really conflicts it, I would like to make it clear that Rystall's journal is digital, not paper.  You know, like you write in it with a stylus.

"Now what am I going to do?" Rystall mumbled to himself, dejected, and sighed.

"At least, on the bright side, Prenna doesn't have it.  I'd never hear the end of it." the thought perked him up.

"Are you sure that'd be OK?  That he wouldn't mind?  I'm sure the local facility for lost items could get it to him eventually.  Besides, all I saw on it when I found it was a poem or two, so I don't think it's homework."

The mouse shifts nervously in thought, seriously considering simply leaving it here and returning back to his own quiet walk.

Prenna gives a shrug, "It should be ok.  He said he was looking for it to show us the poetry supposedly in it anyway."

"Although..."  she tilts her head a moment in contemplation, "If you're not in too big of a hurry... perhaps you could stay a few minutes until he returns?"

She glances down at Alraune, then towards the bushes, then back at Leikki, "We seem to have differences of opinion regarding... impressions of him.  Another opinion might be useful..."

Okay... just follow the scent, and I'll find the journal. Rystall concluded. Not so bad...

He exited the bushes, and saw the three talking.  He turned toward the mouse.  "I don't suppose you've seen a..." he trailed off as he saw what Leikki was holding.

"Ah... do you think I could have that back?" he asked politely, starting for the mouse.  Then a thought occured to him "You haven't been reading it to those two, have you?"

Prenna's ears flatten slightly, "Is there some reason he shouldn't?"

Rystall's own ears flattened backwards.  "Not really, but you you like random people reading your private thoughts?" he asked scathingly, then looked sheepish.

"Sorry..." he mumbled, looking at the ground.

Prenna's ears flickered, "No... although... how were you planning to show us it was... just poetry... without anybody reading any of it?"

Leikki glances back and forth between the calico and the wolf before offering the stylus back and speaking up.  "Are you Rystall?  I was just asking about you in order to return this."

Hmm, the mounty in the tree seems to be suspicious of this Rystall.  I wonder what's going on.

Rystall sniffed irritably, then sighed.  "I never said I would read them to you.  Besides, it wouldn't matter what I said, so set on your opinions you are." he grumbled, looking away.

He turned to the mouse.  "Yes, I am.  And who are you?" he asked politely.

Alraune sighed. "Can we give this a rest already?"

"Oh, ummm, nobody in p-particular." Leikki stammers.  "I just happened to spot this by the bushes b-back there and thought you might like it back."

And with that,he hands the journal over to Rystall.

I am curious what's going on, but it's not my place to ask.  Probably nothing at all when it's all said and done.

Prenna gives a shrug, quietly adding, "That probably means his last poem was about a fox....."

She smirks a little at the mouse's apparent nervousness around Rystall, but refrains from commenting.

"Nobody Paticular, huh?  That's the strangest name I've ever heard." laughed Rystall with a small, friendly smile.  "You sure there isn't a name you use more often?"

He turned slightly to Prenna, looking at her from the corner of one golden eye.  "Actually, you're right.  It is about a fox.  But not in the way you probably think of it." he said, then added.  "But Alraune seems to have a good idea.  Why not let this nonsense drop?"

Yeah right... she'll probably just dig those claws deeper into that poor branch.  Stubborn mounty... he grumbled to himself.

Bother, it would be rude not to tell one's name, wouldn't it?  At least he seems in a good mood.

"My name is Leikki.  I was just passing through." says the mouse, shifting slightly, and looking quietly for a chance to exit.

"Do any of you know of a quiet place to study?" he asks, as an afterthought.

Rystall grinned.  "Well, Leikki, I'd say the bushes over there, but they seem really unlucky, now that I think if it." he explained, pointing at the bushes he had been resting in earlier.  "People seem to pop out of nowhere and ask what you're doing when you relax there."

He noticed Leikki fidgeting.  "You okay?  You look like you're about to bolt.  Something wrong?" Rystall asked curiously, then laughed.  "Despite anything Prenna might think, I don't bite."

"N-no, not really.." Leikki lies.  "Just that I.. I was looking for someplace qu-quiet to study.  Too noisy in my room." 

As an afterthought, he adds, "Besides, I would hate to intrude upon your conversation here."

OOC: The reason for Leikki's discomfort is a combination of an obviously tense calico and the fact some sort of conflict is going on.  Leikki being the shy sort tends to be nervous when things seem tense.

"Never said you'd bite..." Prenna quietly muttered.

Pasting on a smile and looking down at Leikki she began to speak calmly, "Don't worry about it, it wasn't much of a conversation anyway."  She glared briefly at Rystall before smiling at Leikki again.

"The park usually is a good place to study, although I wouldn't say in the bushes.  At the shore of one of the ponds tend to be nice, as well as at the base of a sturdy tree.  Or in a tree as well."  She gestures to a nearby empty branch.  "Plenty of room up here."

She blinked for a moment, "Otherwise, not trying to be too obvious, but the library tends to be a really good place to study.  If you don't know where it is, I'd be happy to take you there."

"Th-thanks." replies the nervous mouse.  "I think I see one of the ponds over that direction.  I think I'll probably stop there for a little.  It's very beautiful out today."

"Have a good day." he says as he starts to head over to an idyllic spot, waving at the fox, wolf, and mounty.

OOC: Leikki fears he will be discovered by a particularly nosey roommate if he goes to the library, and decided on someplace where he'd be harder to track.

Rystall blinked.  "Huh... okay.  Well." he mused, then turned to Prenna, wearing a polite expression smile.  "In any case, you like a hand out of that tree?"

And he reached up to her in inviation.

Please just let her drop it... this is becoming very irritating... he added to himself.

"Th-thanks." replies the nervous mouse.  "I think I see one of the ponds over that direction.  I think I'll probably stop there for a little.  It's very beautiful out today."

"Have a good day." he says as he starts to head over to an idyllic spot, waving at the fox, wolf, and mounty.

"Hmm... it is, isn't it."  She gives a little wave, "Well, good day then.  And if you get bored, you can always try feeding the fish in the ponds between studies..."

Rystall blinked.  "Huh... okay.  Well." he mused, then turned to Prenna, wearing a polite expression smile.  "In any case, you like a hand out of that tree?"

And he reached up to her in inviation.

Prenna looked down at him and snorted, "I'm not a kit.  I can get out of a tree quite well by myself when I want to."  She promptly climbs to the next highest branch.

Rystall rolled his eyes. "I was only being polite.  But as you wish." he sighed, then turned away to Alraune with a dismissive snort.  "Would you like to go somewhere else to talk?  It's rather uncomfortable to have a conversation while someone is glaring at you from atop a tree.  Kind of kills the mood, you know."

Facing away from Prenna, he winked conspiratorially, and grinned.

Hearing Prenna respond to him, he turns around briefly, and replies with "Th-thanks." and a wave back, and heads over towards the nearest pond, only a couple of hundred feet away.

Finding it empty and quiet, he remains there for a short time with his datapad, alternating between reading a small section on lift maintenance, and gazing at the pond and the fish in it.

OOC:Anyone heading that direction is welcome to talk to Leikki again.

Alraune flicks her ear when she sees Rystall wink. "Are you SURE you're not a lech?" she whispers jokingly, not wanting to fuel Prenna's fire.

Rystall sniffed irritably.  "Absolutely not.  I am a wolf of honor, I'll have you know." he muttered back to her, also low enough to not be heard by Prenna.  "We observe very old traditions of courtship, and there is no part of it that involves hiding in bushes, waiting for some action."

Alraune nods curtly. "Good." It's obvious that she's had quite a bit of contact with this sort of subject matter before, and didn't want any more experience in the matter.

She glanced at the notebook in his hand. "Poetry, eh? I don't see why you need to hide it. I mean, I don't hide any of my hobbies from anyone."

OCC: Yes, he has almost no social skills.

He started to walk toward the pond, leaving Prenna, up in her tree, behind.  "Eh?  You sound like you meet lechers all the time.  Is it really that much of a problem with you" he put in, trying to conceal the fact that he was changing the subject away from his poetry, but failing dismally. 

Puzzled, he glanced up and down at her, trying to see what it was about her that could attract such unwanted attention.

Alraune sighed. "It was a long time ago, but I still think about it a lot."

She stepped toward the pond with a resigned air. "I guess it's none of my business what you write in that notebook. You can go ahead and keep it a secret."

Rystall stared at her for a few moments, then sighed.  "Tell you what, Alraune.  How about you tell me about that, and I'll tell you about my problem." he asked quietly. "That is, if it's alright with you."

(OOC: Are they heading to the pond Leikki is by, or to a different pond?)

OOC: I'm going with... same pond, opposite side as Leikki... he can join us if he feels like it...

"For six rots I was raised by a despicable fox who would rape other foxes and make me watch. That's how I knew you weren't a pervert. You're nothing like him at all." Alraune kept silent after that, giving Rystall a chance to explain himself before elaborating.

Rystall frowned, and sat heavily down next to Alraune.  "That... is not lechery... I would more likely call that a terrible form of abuse." he paused for a moment, considering, then added delicately, "Sometimes, though, it helps to unload a bit of the weight of your problems on another..."

He chewed thoughfully for several seconds, then went on, "No one shares the same mind... Often, what seems terrible and embarrasing to one may seem trivial to another, whether it be being raised by a rapist... or years of abuse and poor self esteem."

Leikki see the two talking on the other side during one of his periods of gazing at the beauty of the pond, and makes a small mental note that this was the wolf and fox he had seen a bit earlier, but is perfectly content to remain where he is in peace and quiet, and continues alternating between technical reading and absorbing the beauty of the park.

Alraune nodded. "You know what the saddest thing is? I heard about his past, and he actually used to be a decent person. Then the fox government shattered his sanity and turned him into the raving lunatic I grew up with."

She lied down on the grass and looked up at the ceiling. "What about you? Who ruined your life?"

Rystall gave her a weak smile, and answered. "It's less of a singular who, and more or a whole society... or perhaps just an age group. I don't know what early school is like with the fox, but I'm sure you've seen the kind... the scrawny malnourished cub who is obviously in a poor family, so everyone has a great time dumping trash on him and throwing his study supplies in the mud.  Or pounding him into the ground every time he decided he couldn't take it any more and fought back."

He sighed sadly.  "That would be me."

"But what's this about the fox government?" he added curiously.

Alraune sighs. "I lived in the slums until I was fourteen. My parents were gouttouve, or at least they were before Monoroe butchered them. So if he hadn't come into my life, we have shared the same fate, after all.

"As for the government, it's just one long list of atrocities and genocides, and all because of an outdated caste system.

"Monoroe was a special soldier in the employ of the government. He was young and incredibly naive, but he was also incredibly skilled. He was an incredible success before he found out what the government really stood for. His superior let him down harshly. So Monoroe skinned him alive and went on a rampage.

"He spent the rest of his life trying to rip his homeland to shreds. I was supposed to carry on his work when he passed away, but I never went along with it. But he was right about the government. As long as that ridiculous caste system means something in fox lands, I'll never be proud to call myself a fox."

After watching for a bit, the calico decided the wolf was deep enough in conversation away from her that she quietly climbed down from the tree and slowly moved over to the mouse.

She rummages briefly in her pouch, pulling out a small box.  She quietly coughs, holds out the box, then whispers while keeping half an eye on the wolf across the lake, "If you'd like to try your hand at feeding the fish, I have some fish treats I'm willing to share..."

Leikki had been staring into the pond when the calico had walked up, his datapad open on the ground, awaiting Leikki's attention silently.

Leikki is startled for a brief by the mounty speaking.  Coming to quickly, he replies, "Oh, thanks.  They are pretty fish.   I've caught a glimpse of a few of them."

As he speaks, he cups his hands for the food to feed the fishies.

Leikki makes a silent mental note that she seems distrustful of the wolf, but decides not to act on this for the time being.

"I don't think I caught your name before.  I'm Leikki."

The calico pours a small pile of fish food in Leikki's hands.  "My name is Prenna.  If you toss the food in the shallows you'll be able to get a better view of the fish..." 

She glances around at the branches of nearby trees, "Although... you might want to check for whips or gryphons first.  If you don't, you tend to be feeding them a nice fish dinner more than feeding the fish."

Leikki chuckles at Prenna's caution and smiles.  "I will remember that, Prenna." he replies, making sure he gets the name right.

He checks the trees, and places a little of the food out for the fish to find.  It doesn't take them long.

OOC: I thought there was an "r" somewhere in "goutt(r?)ouve... would you know where to check on that?

Rystall blinked in confusion. "Gouttouve? Caste system? Uh..." he answered, running a paw nervously through his slivery hair.  "I'm unfamiliar with either of those... could you possibly explain them?"

From the corner of his eye, he noticed Prenna was now out of her tree, but made no outward comment or sign of it.

Prenna watches the fish for a few moments.  "So... is the studying going well?"

Alraune takes on an acidic tone of voice. "It's like this. Foxes are ranked based on fur color, with the whites at the top and the gouttouve at the bottom. Foxes are pidgeonholed into doing whatever the caste system dictates they should do according to their fur color. If you step out of line, you become a gouttouve and everyone is obligated to treat you like dirt.

"My parents used to be shipping magnates before they were ruined, and it was all because they hated the caste system as much as I do."

"I have managed to make it through the introductory chapter on lift power systems.  It always helps to have a quiet place." answers the mouse as he admires the color patterns of the fish eating in the shallows.

He then thinks for a moment and adds, "The scenery out here is a little distracting, but much better than if a nosey roommate tracked me to the library."

Surprise registered on Rystall's face.  "That's riduculous.  It's like basing social status on height." he said, then added with a wry grin and expansive wave of his arms, "Hail to the Almighty Tallest!"

His humor faded slightly.  "I take it killing a 'gouttouve' is very easy, because few laws protect them?"

After a pause, he added as carefully and delicately as he could, "And what are red foxes supposed to be?"

Alraune groaned. "I don't remember," she said in exasperation. "Probably laborers or some such.

"There is one case where the caste system is tossed aside. It's something Monoroe liked to call the Fox Hunt. 'Take one part white fox royal house, several parts ambitious gold foxes. Insert a military coup and a genocidal campaign against white, silver, and black foxes, the superiors to golds, according to the caste system. Let set until a new generation of elite foxes take back the throne. Repeat ad nauseum."

Alraune got up and stood at the edge of the pond, looking at her reflection, and appearing disappointed with what she saw.

"The Fox Plague was like an early Resolution Day gift for Monoroe. For me, it represents the fox empire's last chance for redemption, an opportunity to see how stupid they really were for hundreds of rots. If that doesn't knock some sense into them, nothing will."

Rystall frowned.  "How long has this been going on?" he asked, then recitified, "Actually, never mind.  I don't think I want to know.  It's beside the point."

He stood up and looked at her reflection in the water. "Regardless of how long it has been happening, such a view and government could not have existed without people believing in it, supporting it." he told her with a soft smile. "If you are ashamed of being a fox because of it, you should not be.  You should be proud that you freed yourself from the net of lies and hate that it represented."

He stopped, appeared to think about what he had said.

Alraune sighs, returning Rystall's smile. "I'm a citizen of Centralis who happens to resemble a fox. That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

She flops back down next to the pond, then occupies herself with picking strands of grass out of her tail. "But enough about me, let's talk about you. How come you're so interested in poetry?"

Prenna gave a quiet chuckle, "I suppose it could be a bit distracting, though I tend to come here for view even when I'm not studying..."

"But your roommate... is he in the same course as you?  If he's not and he's being too nosey... maybe you could just give him an in-depth analysis of what you're studying?  That might ward him off..."

"You know, I had never thought of that.  I don't think he's got a lot of experience or interest in building and repairing technology."  Leikki says with a chuckle, beginning to take a bit of a liking to this calico.

"Unfortunately, it's more along the lines of he wishes to include me in big social plans he has.  Double dates, Big parties with lots of popular people doing who knows what.  I left home to get away from that sort of pressure."

It's like having my mother for a roommate, only he isn't pushing for children just yet!

"Ever have a roommate like that?"

Rystall considered his answer for a moment. "Mmmm... I suppose because it's a nice, relaxing way of expressing what's on my mind." he said finally.  "Though on occation what comes out is, erm, not up to my standards.  But most of the time I like what I write."

After giving Alraune a rueful smile, he added, "As for hiding it, old habits die hard.  My classmates in transition school were very creative at finding things they could use to make me miserable.  Usually, I would just... um... do a rock impression, and try not give them anything to work with.  Of course, I'd still end up covered in trash more often than not."

He closed his eyes and stuck out his tongue with a shudder. "Ever tried to get old, moldy, melted cheese out of your fur?  Sometimes, it gets places where you need help cleaning it out, and even then the smell is harder to remove.  Not a fun experience."

"Ummm... no... or at least not yet..."  Prenna's tail looped loosely around her ankle, "Though I can totally understand not wanting to be dragged along on such things...."

She gave a sigh, "And doing something totally embarassing so he wouldn't want to bring you along would probably cause even more problems since you'd continue to room with him..."

"It might be easier to find all the ponds with fish in them..."

"The reason I don't want to go is because I'm worried I'll embarass myself." says Leikki in a manner more brutally upfront than normal, and with a bit of tenseness.

Realizing this, he blushes a bit, looks away and follows quietly with "But I'm sure you don't hafta worry about that yourself." hoping secretly for the focus not to be on himself.

Alraune closed her eye and stuck out her own tongue. "Ick. Don't remind me.  Being a fox in a Centralis transitional school isn't easy, even with the sympathy from the Fox Plague. But I just beat up anyone who tried that on me.

"So that's your hobby, then? I prefer martial arts and other sorts of physical activity, myself. It works for me." She sits up and begins twirling her finger in the pond. "You think you'll be able to find an audience on Mars?"

Rystall looked surprised at the thought. "Hmmm... maybe?" he replied, then added cautiously, "Would you like me to write one for you?"

"Perhaps about todays events of late?"

Alraune smiled. "Sure. I'd love to see what you come up with."

Rystall chuckled.  "I think i've got just the thing..." he murmured, then opened his journal and started to write, occationally erasing things and rewriting them.

After a few minutes, he handed the journal to Alraune.  "How's that?" he asked?

OOC: PMing you the poem... reveal what you like...

Alraune read it over, the corner of her mouth turning up in a smile. "Not bad." She handed it back to Rystall. "It could use some improvement though. I'm sure my brother would be able to give you a more constructive critique."

Prenna's ears flicker a little, "Well... I wouldn't say that..."

The tip of her tail twitches a little.  "It's just that... well... sometimes.... it's easier to embarass yourself a little bit now when you know you'll embarass yourself a lot later if you don't..."

"Er.... do you need any more fish food?"  She points at the pond where several fish are looking at Leikki expectantly.

"I s-suppose so."  replies Leikki, looking over and holding his hands out for more food.

But what if I embarass myself more than I intended?  I mean, look at how I'm embarassing myself now.

"M-maybe one day I'll f-find out what exactly I'm supposed to be doing at these parties of his."

Leikki tries to hide some discomfort about the subject and shifts mode.  "S-s-so what do you do during your f-free time?"

The fish seem to be swimming about in anticipation as Leikki's hand hovers over the water, food in hand.

Prenna quickly pours more food in his hand, "Hmm... yeah.  Parties are always... awkward.  Maybe someday..."

"What do I do in my free time?"  She grins slightly, "I... feed fish."  She holds up the box slightly.

"I read sometimes, water the plants, take walks..."

Rystall started.  "You have a brother?  Was he around when that fox..." he trailed off with a cough, and flushed. "Erm... nevermind."

"What is your brother like?" he asked, then added with a strained grin, "Perhaps we can share stories our siblings... I have a younger brother, myself."

Ugh... you idiot!  Why did you have to bring that up?! She obviously doesn't like talking about it! he berated himself mentally.

He had been idly watching Prenna from the corner of his eye for the last few minutes, and finally said wryly, "You know, she seems rather flirtly with that mouse for someone who was hiding up a tree from me not so long ago..."

"His name is Jeice. He's fifteen rots older than me and runs a delivery company in Centralis. He's an upper-class fox who's steeped in culture and all sorts of artsy things. He's tried to teach me about that, but I'm just not interested.

"As for where he was, he left the fox lands before all of that happened, so he never really heard of it until I told him. He did raise me when I went to Centralis, though."

"Nice quiet things.." replies Leikki quietly, untensing and relaxing a bit.  "Nothing like quiet things to do."

The fish meanwhile are happy that the hand above has released more food, as the mouse thinks quietly while looking out over the pond.

Rystall chuckled.  " 'Artsy things? You make it sound so snooty... I get the sense theres some tention between you two, even you you do like each other." he said, smiling crookedly.  "What kind of delivery company is it?"

Alraune shrugs. "He's actually pretty nice. He tries to be more, you know, basic, but he just doesn't seem to have any luck. I suppose there's a bit of tension between us. A lot of a bit of tension. Centralis Express is actually a shipping company. It's pretty successful. Jeice really knows how to run a business."

Smiling, Rystall nodded.  "I've met wolves like that.  When one is raised a certain way, it's hard to separate from it." he intoned sagely. "I'll bet he even offered you a job in his business, didn't he?"

"Though, if you don't mind me saying so, you don't seem of the kind of character suited for tedious delivery service..."

Alraune flicked her ears. "Yes, he did, and no, I'm not. Why do you think I'm so eager to get into Mars Academy?"

Rystall flinched slightly, thinking she was angry. "Well, it hadn't occurred to me until you said it, sorry..." he mumbled, embarrassed, and began twisting stalks of grass around his fingers nervously.

After a moment of feeding the fishes and quietly admiring their beauty and observing their mannerisms, Leikki asks quietly, "You don't m-mind if I continue my reading again, do you?  Wanting to get through the general aerodynamics of the hoverboard before I head back to the chaos that is my room." adding a laugh with he last part.

{OOC} Leikki is not asking her to leave, nor does he really mind her being there.  He asks in order to be polite, so that he doesn't seem to be ignoring her on purpose.

Alraune sighs. "Don't worry about it. I used to be a postmaster, but I'm hoping to get a job in security. What about you?"

Rystall considered the questions for several moments.  "I'd say... I'm not quite sure." he replied hesitantly.  "I'm interested in taking a class on culinary arts, perhaps I'll end up running a resturant someday.  Haven't really decided completely yet."

Alraune nodded. "So that poetry stuff is just a hobby, then?"

Rystall smiled and looked skywards.  "I had to find something to do in transition school... I had to spend most of my time hiding in some forgotten bushes to escape the 'runt hunting parties'..." he replied in a faint, preoccipied voice.  "Of course that's where she found me..."

He trailed off and seemed lost in thought.

Alraune blinked. "She? An old friend, I take it?"

His head snapping up as though he had forgotten Alraune was there, Rystall started.  "Oh.  Um.  Don't worry about it.  Yes, an old friend, but I haven't seen her in a long time." he said, looking faintly sad about it.

"But dwelling on the past is unhealthy." he added quickly, making a stab at sounding brisk and cheerful. "Why did you want to be in Security?"

"Well," Alraune deliberated, "I think I'd be good at it, and it's a job that someone has to do."

Leikki takes Prenna's silence as not minding if he reads, and picks up the tablet, reading the chapter on basic aerodynamics and the capabilities of a normal hoverboard.

{OOC} Closing up Leikki's involvement here with a good-bye post in a couple of days.

Rystall nodded.  "Uh huh.  What kind of classes do you take, and what do they teach you in them?  How to subdue someone in a fight, or what?" he inquired.

Alraune shrugged. "I haven't actually started the curriculum yet, but yes, I assume it's along those lines."

She pauses and sighs. "That would be good for me, actually. I already know how to fight pretty well."

Rystall looked to the other side of the pond, where Prenna was, but did not lot at Prenna. "I... Would suppose you do." he answered quietly, having a brief mental image of a young Alraune trying to excape from a rapist.  The he looked at Prenna.  "Do you think she's ever going to relax and stop calling me a lecher?"

Alraune shrugged. "What do you care?"

Rystall opened his mouth to say something, then changed his mind and closed it with a faint snap.  "I don't know... maybe I just don't like being accused to somthing I didn't do?" he half-asked, hesitant and blushing.

Leikki finishes up the chapter with relative quiet, and gets up to head back to the apartement. 

Turning to Prenna, he says, "It was a pleasure to meet you Prenna.  Probably time I got back though."

He leaves shortly afterward, in the direction of the mounty apartments.

Alraune smirked. "Who doesn't? Just give her time to relax and get to know you. I didn't like Monoroe at all when I first met him, and now he's... almost tolerable in my mind."

Rystall nodded.  "I suppose so, but..." he trailed off, struck by a sudden thought.  "If I may ask, why were you out here in the first place?  Going for a walk?  I hope I haven't made you late for a class..."

"Yeah, I needed to be alone and collect my thoughts, so I took a walk here"

(OOC: I thought this was in the spaceport, not the academy?)

{OOC}  Spaceport threads can take place at the Academy (or anywhere else) if the person creating the thread wishes.  The key difference is that events in Spaceport are not considered canon for MARPG, but are used as part of the approval process for entry into official MARPG.

For instance, Rifa is at a campus party, and Noiya is helping to set something up on campus.  If they pass, nothing says that anyone has to assume events in those threads ever happened, which means you are free to explore your character and other characters as you will without worry.

Rystall blinked, slightly confused. "Oh.  Then why did you come to meet me?  I'd think you'd have better things to think about than talking to a boring wolf like me." he mumbled, squirming slightly and looking very uncomfortable.

"Well, I wasn't planning on it, but I heard you in the bushes and got curious."
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies