Author Topic: [Public] [S2 W12 D2 4:00 PM] A better mousetrap  (Read 1866 times)

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
[Public] [S2 W12 D2 4:00 PM] A better mousetrap
« on: March 08, 2010, 04:42:29 pm »
Title: [Public] [S2 W12 D2 4:00 PM] A better mousetrap
Post by: KJ Fellie on December 16, 2008, 11:28:29 PM
(Of course, when I was going to post this, the site decided it was going to take a vacation or something... OF COURSE! ;D So here we go anyway.)

A bizarre sight could be beheld in the gardens this day: A Rifier was attempting to dance. And not just any dance, either, she was attempting to dance to some latin music, which was being played upon a small set of earbuds that were connected to a small device buried deep in her pouch. She also wore a light beige, floral patterned shirt, the flowers being a somewhat tan color.
As Xi Li attempted to match Terran dance moves to Terran music with four legs and two arms, she was unaware of the small audience watching her... until they began throwing things.
A small object landed before the Rifier, who paused in her dancing to get a better look. Before she could identify it, however, five more similar objects were sent her way, some of them even hitting her before landing scattered at her feet.
Somewhat annoyed, the Rifier demanded, "Okay, who--?"
BLAM!!!
With fur at maximum frizz and one front paw in the air before her, Xi Li was enveloped in a vibrant pink cloud. As this dissipated, the other objects detonated much like the first...
BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!
As the now thick cloud of dye settled, the Rifier was revealed to now be a bold but flattering shade of blue, with some purple showing through on her back and hints of red and pink scattered about her colorful body. After settling herself and gathering the last scraps of her dignity together, she began to hunt for the perpetrator.
The laughter of her prey betrayed its presence, and the affronted Rifier dove into the bushes, all claws and teeth.
The frightened mouse's scream could have probably been heard from a great distance, and it was surprisingly girly, coming from so handsome a fellow. The mouse vanished, leaving his pants behind with the angry Rifier's teeth and claws caught firmly in the fabric. The momentum of Xi Li's dive sent her sprawling under a low branch, which served to pin her in place nicely.
With the focus of her rage gone, Xi Li sighed, finally releasing the pants from her death grip. "I'm going to hang these on the wall. Ooh, did I draw blood? Hehehe..."
She attempted to pull herself from beneath the large chunk of tree, but failed. After further intense efforts, she made no progress. This resulted in the mutterance of a most sarcastic "Great."
From the earbuds now lying on the ground before her came the lyrics of the next song on her list. "I'm blue, daba dee daba dye..."
Xi Li groaned. "Why now? Rub it in, why don't ya?"

(Eiffel 65 if anyone's wondering. I thought it would be fitting. :D) (Okay this time she really is blue. ;D)

Title: Re: [Public] [S2 W12 D2 4:00 PM] A better mousetrap
Post by: Vashiel on December 18, 2008, 09:54:44 AM
Dagon spent much of his idle time in the gardens. Still unemployed, he discovered he had a lot of that, though it wasn't all that bad. He had a lot of time to think and reflect on his turbulent past, how wonderful it'd be to start fresh and new, without all the anxiety at the prospect of being found and having some sort of sharp implement shoved where, he would imagine, it would be very painful and cause some very large problems in his scheme of things. Death was not on his agenda any time soon.
At the time, he hadn't really been thinking all that much. Indeed, he was dozing in the shade of a small tree, arms folded behind his head, relaxed for a change. That is, until he heard the girly squeal echo across the grounds to startle him awake quite suddenly. First instinct being defensive, he rolled to his knees, staff in hand, looking around for possible assailants. None were to be found, and he breathed a sigh of relief.
Still, the scream had caught his curious attention, and after standing and brushing himself off, he made his way over to where he thought he heard it come from. What he found was certainly a spectacle, though any hint of humour he found in it, he carefully stowed away; he could see pants in those bushes, and he liked the pair he was wearing, unlike the glimpse of the pantsless mouse he saw fleeing as fast as possible in the other direction.
Walking around the other side of them to see what was actually deep in the underbrush, he pushed some of the branches aside to take a look... and he found a colourful, sullen looking Rifier.
"'Scuse me miss," he started, pausing only briefly to consider his words, "Are you all right?"

Post by: KJ Fellie on December 18, 2008, 04:58:55 PM
Xi Li sighed. "Yes, just a little stuck." Leaning casually on an elbow, she asked, "Think you could help get me out of here? Preferrably without causing excessive damage to me or the scenery?" Thoughts of some of her roommates coming at her with chainsaws came to mind, and she frowned slightly.

(I can imagine that... "Hold still!" *revs engine* :o ;D)

Post by: Vashiel on December 18, 2008, 06:05:22 PM
Assessing how Xi Li was pinned, Dagon nodded.
"With a little leverage, I'm sure we can get you out in a jiff," he replied, pushing the underbrush aside so he could step closer. He bent beside the pinned Rifier to get a good look at what he was working with and pulled the medium sized hunting knife from the top of his boot, using it expertly to cut away certain small twigs that were tangled together, forming part of the snare.
"I think that ought to do it," he said confidently before heaving the branch upward enough so that Xi Li might slip out from underneath it.

Post by: KJ Fellie on December 19, 2008, 03:00:27 AM
With the extra room, Xi Li was able to escape, straightening up and smiling at him when she did. "Thanks a lot. I'm Xi Li Kai." She took a moment to inspect the pants, then returned her gaze to her rescuer.

Post by: Vashiel on December 19, 2008, 06:42:56 AM
"Dagon von Thalan," Dagon returned the greeting in kind, offering a polite smile. "I hope I don't seem rude for asking, but dare I ask what that mouse did to deserve a depants--" he cut himself off, realising exactly how colourful Xi Li actually was. He was no expert, but he was pretty sure that Rifier weren't supposed to be blue, red, pink and purple. "Ah. Forgive me... I was a bit preoccupied with freeing you, I missed your rather involuntary dye job."
His grin turned a bit sheepish, mentally kicking himself for being so unobservant.

Post by: KJ Fellie on December 20, 2008, 01:55:07 AM
"Oh, he's lucky I only got his pants. Those mages love to play their little pranks, but don't like to face the consequences, so when I got a hold of him he just poofed away and ran off. This is not the first time I've had trouble with them. But at least it was only dye this time. I've heard of much meaner or much more annoying pranks." Xi Li smiled at him again. "And don't worry about the dye job, either. It'll go away with enough washing." She sighed. "Although, with this much dye, it's going to take a lot of washing."

Xi Li looked about and spotted her purse nearby. Picking it up she asked, "How about this? Since you got me out of that tight spot, I'll buy you some dinner, or lunch or something."

Post by: Vashiel on December 23, 2008, 10:10:07 PM
"Mages? Might they be the 'techno mages' I was warned about? I've never encountered one, but I've heard they can be troublesome," Dagon mentioned, scratching his chin thoughtfully. "Though, after seeing this, I think 'troublesome' might be a bit of an understatement..."
Lowering himself slightly, he replaced his hunting knife in his boot and retrieved his walking staff, using it to beat a path out of the brush. Once finished, he smiled sheepishly at Xi Li's suggestion.
"You don't have to do that... simple good deeds should be given without expectance of reward. Although..." he trailed off, looking about nervously before continuing, "I could use a friend right now. I'm still new here, and I really don't know my way around very well."

Post by: KJ Fellie on December 24, 2008, 02:56:21 AM
"Well, if it's a friend you need, I can be that, and I can be the kind of friend that buys you lunch for pulling me out of a bush." Xi Li grinned. "And yes, I was referring to technomages. I've had some trouble with them ever since the day I arrived. Nothing particularly bad, but they really annoy me." She held up the pants. "At least this time I got a trophy. I'm sure my roommates would approve." Her grin broadened as she began considering where to put the pants on display. "Oh, and about getting around, I'm still pretty bad about ending up in weird places, but I could show you around some."

Post by: Vashiel on December 27, 2008, 01:27:49 AM
"That'd be much appreciated," Dagon relented to Xi Li's offers, never really being one that could say no to a female, strictly on principle. Chivalry, or maybe just spinlessness, lead to that sort of thing.
Pausing a moment however, he mulled over something he'd heard the Rifier say.
"Your roommates would approve of such things?" He asked, nearly at a loss for words. "What kind of people live with you that would enjoy that kind of thing, despite the fact that the lad probably deserved it?"

Post by: KJ Fellie on December 27, 2008, 07:25:42 AM
Xi Li shrugged. "I don't know, exactly. Two of them would probably be happy to display his knocked out teeth on a wall, and I'm pretty sure the other one wants to kill me because she thinks I'm going to eat her. Really, if you stay on their good sides, there's nothing to worry about." She rubbed her hands together in anticipation. "So, what kind of meal are you interested in? I might be able to figure out the right place to suit our needs. Then again, we could always pick a random restaurant that neither of us has ever been to."

Post by: Vashiel on January 06, 2009, 03:48:46 AM
"Uh..."
Just the thought of such a group of violent females living together paled Dagon's skin, though thankfully [due to his fur], it was mostly invisible. He was visibly stunned a moment, however, before he regained his calm composure enough to speak.
"Well... I've only been here a short while, and I've mostly taken to visiting a small caf? near Academy grounds. I'm up for some change, though I'm afraid I've yet to have the courage to try something else. Any suggestions?"

Post by: KJ Fellie on January 07, 2009, 07:37:31 AM
Xi Li was struck with inspiration. "There's a new deli that just opened up. I hear they have really good sandwiches. Care to try it with me?"
She tilted her head and gave him an innocent, pleasant smile. Or at least it was as innocent and pleasant as one with such sharp teeth could produce. "I hope you don't mind a bit of a walk. It shouldn't be too long, though." She began heading toward the garden path not all that far away.

Post by: Vashiel on January 23, 2009, 10:39:35 PM
"A bit of a walk? My dear, I've lived most of my life in the wilderness. A journey to a place inside this complex shouldn't be an issue... besides, I like to walk," Dagon finished with a grin. He easily fell into step beside Xi Li, hands clasped behind his back in a thoughtful manner.
"While we walk, would you mind sharing a bit more about your roommates? They sound... rather interesting."
As if "rather interesting" could ever truly encompass the enigma the occupants of the Doom Room really were.

Post by: KJ Fellie on January 26, 2009, 04:00:57 PM
"Well, there's Riddle, who's perfectly fine unless you decide to mess with her, and Mimi, who's tough, but nice enough unless you do something that would make her mad at you. But then there's Shyssa, who's kind of weird and thinks I'm going to eat her, and she seems a bit... unrefined, if you ask me. And then there's me. It seems that I've taken to quarreling with the technomages recently. Basically, we're a bunch of girls who get in fights with people who can't seem to behave themselves." Xi Li blushed slightly under her fur. "It's kind of embarrassing, but I managed to get into a fight pretty much as soon as I arrived here on Mars. A couple of technomages started something with me and I finished it."
She gave an embarrassed smile and her thoughts began drifting to combinations of meats, cheeses, breads and various condiments. While considering these, she grew more and more aware of how hungry she was. "I'm so glad it's an easy shop to find. I'm just starving."

Post by: Vashiel on January 27, 2009, 02:44:47 AM
Dagon gave pause a moment.
"Mimi? She's a roommate of yours?"
Well well... wasn't it a small world after all? He gave note to the warning Xi Li mentioned about making the other rabbit mad; he did like Mimi, and didn't want her to get mad at him for any reason... though he did have a bad habbit of sticking his big foot in his mouth, repeatedly.
He would've said more too, but something concealed beneath his shirt grumbled hungrily, making him blush as well.
"Well... would seem I'm a bit hungry myself," he said with an embarassed laugh.

Post by: KJ Fellie on January 28, 2009, 10:55:42 AM
"Yeah, she is. Do you know her?" Xi Li glanced over at Dagon.
Hearing his stomach grumble, the Rifier grinned. "Perhaps we should hurry, eh? Can't have you suffering." Her grin broadened. "Don't fret yourself too much, I'm thinking about my own stomach as much as anyone else's." Quickening her pace almost unnoticeably, she continued. "Lots of people start panicking. 'Oh, don't worry about me, I'm okay!' Really, I want to eat just as much as they do and have no intention of slowing down because they feel 'okay' and don't want me to rush myself. It wouldn't make sense to slow down, we'd only be getting hungrier."

(I think before long she'll spot the restaurant. I'm trying to think of a good name for it, too.)

Post by: HEX the Dark on January 28, 2009, 11:36:22 AM
(Cafe Tres has always a free table for such a lovely pair  ;D)

Post by: KJ Fellie on January 28, 2009, 11:43:27 AM
(I was thinking of something a little different, but we could go that way, too, if Vash likes. ;))
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies