Author Topic: [Public][S2 W9 D3][12:30 PM]Carpenteering![Carpentry Shop]  (Read 1821 times)

Offline daemonschile

• Administrator
  • The Forum Ate My Soul
    • View Profile
[Public][S2 W9 D3][12:30 PM]Carpenteering![Carpentry Shop]
« on: March 02, 2010, 05:25:04 pm »
Title: [Public][S2 W9 D3][12:30 PM]Carpenteering![Carpentry Shop]
Post by: Zargon on April 16, 2008, 07:59:15 PM
  Zargon sat in a corner of the Carpentry Shop, happily sanding a small block of wood.  The shop was one that he had taken as part of his Electives.  The shop teacher had quickly found out his ineptitude with tools and had banned him from using any of the power tools scattered around the shop.  That was OK though, Zargon had found a coping saw, a small hand drill, and some sandpaper and had set himself to making a small child's toy, a little wooden duck.
  He had cut out the general shape from a diagram he had found in the shop, located a dowel to use as a pair of axels, and slowly and carefully cut the shape of the wheels.  Now he was working on smoothing the pieces, and eliminating any ugly marks he had made with the saw.  It was not at all hard, but quite engrossing for the tiger, and he had found himself, for the past hour or so, entirely occupied by the work, not noticing the slightest thing around him.

Title: Re: [Public][S2 W9 D3][12:30 PM]Carpenteering![Carpentry Shop]
Post by: Frost on April 17, 2008, 02:45:30 PM
((Mut and Jeff have been locked in the closet too long. They need some air :D))

A pair of eyes gazed carfully over the shop, another set, the set of his brother, were staring at a tube of industrial adhesive that was being squeezed into the lock of a cabnet. Vaughn and Virgil were up to no good. Not having noticed Zargon in the oppsite corner was all that was saving the feline.
   In the office stood the only person who seemed to convey any respect from the terrible twosome. Frost was having a discussion with the teacher about letting some students do some wood working for the Academy. It would be a simple affair. Build a couple of desks and a few cabnets, the students would even receive a small amount of pay.
   A couple of snickers were emitted from the brothers. Any lock they found was getting pumped full. It would all end with the shop teacher having to use bolt cutters or a plasma torch to open the lockers.

Post by: Vashiel on April 18, 2008, 06:30:44 AM
Vashiel wandered into the shop, dressed in simple attire for a change. He'd stopped by to ask the shop instructor to help him construct a simple prop that he wanted, and since he couldn't get one from Earth, he decided to make on instead.
Having been to the metal shop earlier to create a blunt blade, Vash now needed the handle to complete his archaic barber's knife. It was simple enough, and he'd enjoyed having learned how to make it, so he figured it was a good investment of his time.
Noting that someone was already talking with the instructor, he wandered deeper, avoiding the machinery and tools. Handy he wasn't, and he didn't want to hurt himself. He did, however, hear the snickers. That wasn't a good sign. Not wanting to get involved, however, he made his way over to Zargon, watching what he was doing quietly.

Post by: Zargon on April 18, 2008, 05:30:49 PM
  Zargon looked up from his work.  "Hey roomie.. What're you here for?"  He asked.  "Hey!  Check out what I made!"  He held up the parts for his wooden duck.  "It's only a kid's toy, but I guess it's a start."

Post by: Vashiel on April 18, 2008, 06:53:30 PM
"Wow..." Vash murmured, genuinely impressed. "I'm certainly not handy enough to do that. And this," he held up the metal case he was carrying, "Is why I'm here."
Setting it on a handy stool, he opened it to reveal the gleaming, squarish blade inside.
"I need a wood handle for this, specially made. I came to see the instructor to see if I could get someone to help me make it."

Post by: Frost on April 19, 2008, 03:55:30 PM
   After fiendishly pumping the locks full of glue, the brothers looked for another project. The glanced about until the saw a snow figure in the distance.
   "Is that?"
   "Yeah."
   They glanced at each other, sly smiles spreading across their faces. Ever so sneakily they began to approach, then the new comer appeared. Mere feet from Zargon and his associate.
   It was also about this time another figure appeared, from with in the office. "Now, lik' ah said, they'll get a small salery fer doin' de work. And if'n de academy heads likes wat dey don' dey may get more werk." Frost turns to spy the brothers stalking a student. "Wat are ya' up ta'?"
   They both stand to attention and chime together. "Nutin'." Having been around Frost so much they'd begun to mimic his speech patterns.

Post by: Zargon on April 19, 2008, 07:13:01 PM
  "Hehe.. I'm not what you would called handy myself."  Zargon chuckled.  "See, they give you these plans, and you just trace out the pieces and do what they tell you!"  He took a look at the object in the box.  "Erm.. what is it?"  He asked, curiously.

Post by: Vashiel on April 19, 2008, 07:40:54 PM
"It's a barber's blade," Vash said with a grim nod. "It's a prop for a musical I want to do. Not all that dangerous, it's dull as anything, but it has a grim purpose."

Post by: Frost on April 20, 2008, 08:02:24 AM
   Both brothers curse inwardly, He always ruins the fun! They stood by as Frost approached. Slightly curious as to what Vaughn and Virgil were up to, the blond oaf spied a familiar figure. He stops briefly to eye the would be assassins. A slight cough, the twitch of an ear, and the metallic snap of teeth clicking together told all and said nothing.
   What Frost was telling the brothers was, "No. Go away. Find food." He taps a finger on his watch and holds up the finger, "You have one hour." Watching them quickly exit the class, he shakes his head. Almost... Ever quietly he slanders up, and gazes at the items over Zargon's shoulder.

Quote from: Vashiel on April 19, 2008, 07:40:54 PM
"It's a barber's blade," Vash said with a grim nod. "It's a prop for a musical I want to do. Not all that dangerous, it's dull as anything, but it has a grim purpose."

His own curiosity getting the better of him, Frost pipes up "Ya' gonna try ta' shave the head master er' sumtin'?"

Post by: Zargon on April 20, 2008, 08:21:28 AM
  Zargon grinned up at the blonde wolf.  "Hey Frost, what's kickin?"  He asked, cheerfully.  He looks over at Vashiel.  "Is that for the Sweeney Todd musical you were telling me about?"  He turned back to the wolf.  "It it is.. I don't think that blade is meant for shaving much.."

Post by: Vashiel on April 20, 2008, 11:06:32 AM
Vash chuckled at Frost's comment.
"I don't think I'm the type to go and do something like that. And yeah, Zargon, this is for that. It's not meant for much shaving, indeed..."

Post by: Frost on April 20, 2008, 12:21:35 PM
   Not knowing what was going on, all Frost knew was talk of the edgeless strait razor in the box. "Cerse it ain't gonna shave! It's su blunt I bet it won't cut water. Bring it by de shop dis evenin' an' I'll fix'et." "I'll make it su sharp you'll get cut just from lookin' at it."

((Man, his accent is gettin' thick! :-[))

Post by: Zargon on April 20, 2008, 06:55:22 PM
  "I'm not sure that's the point.. I mean.. it's for a musical.  A play?  You know?  And it won't get used for shaving much.  Throat cutting is more what this particular specimen will be used for, unless I miss my guess."  Zargon said, shaking his head.  He looked over at the exiting twins.  "What're those two up to?"  He asked, using the beak of the wooden duck as a pointer.

Post by: Frost on April 22, 2008, 12:48:04 PM
   "Ohh...." Frost nodded his head. "Okay...Wait wat!? Throat cuttin?" He eyes the other wolf suspiciously. Gonna have to keep an eye on this one. His attention snaps over to the twins.
   He glances at the doorway, Vaughn and Virgil insisted on lingering about. "I dunno Zargy. I told'em ta' take a break and get sum food....." Both brothers were glancing about strangely. "Ug! Looks like deir up ta' deir usual crap. Wonder who's gonna get got dis' time?"

The Orion brothers hadn't left, they were still lingering around the shop doorway. They were hoping to see if some poor soul would attempt to use the lockers they'd sabotaged. When they caught Frost and Zargon staring, the brothers showed cheesy grins. "Think their on to us brother?"
   "Not a chance."

Post by: Vashiel on April 22, 2008, 05:22:05 PM
Vashiel smiled slyly.
"Yes... slitting throats. It's a tricky business, as your next customer can't know what you've just done. It's hard getting rid of evidence so quickly, but I know what I'm doing."

Post by: Zargon on April 23, 2008, 05:24:23 PM
  Zargon grinned up at his room mate and played along.  "I'm sure you are.  You've done, how many now?  Five?  Six?"

Post by: Frost on April 24, 2008, 01:49:48 PM
   Five or six! Frost makes his way to the opposite of Zargon, trying to put some space between himself and Vashiel. Rapping his nails on the table he inspects the felines work, while keeping an eye on the self proclaimed murderer.
   "Hmm....Take it ya' makin' one ah dem old toys? Just be sure ta drill doz holes out slightly bigger'n dem axles. Udder wise it'll get moister to da' wud and lock up."

Post by: Vashiel on April 24, 2008, 09:30:14 PM
Vashiel's smile grew wider.
"I think it was six... could be more now, I had an appointment this morning."
He was mildly amazed with himself that he was managing to not laugh, especially considering the blond wolf's deliberate move away from him.

Post by: Zargon on April 25, 2008, 02:13:23 PM
  Zargon winked slyly in Vashiel's direction.  "Those pies sure are good though.."  He grinned.

"Yeah.. The dowels are 8mm so, I figured I'd just go, like, 8.5mm on the holes?  That sound right?"  He asked.

Post by: Vashiel on April 25, 2008, 02:18:32 PM
Vash nodded in agreement.
"The cooking classes sure appreciate the fresh supply of meat. Sure saves on buying it."

Post by: Frost on April 25, 2008, 06:47:16 PM
   "I'd go wid 9mm ma'self." Catching the conversation on pie, Frost was slightly disgusted. The part of him that wasn't vented its annoyance. "Rurrrrrrrrrrrrr!" Uh! Bad timing tummy! "Blurgel Rurrrr!" The wolf gives as slight cough.

Post by: Zargon on April 27, 2008, 11:46:07 AM
  Zargon raised an eyebrow at the wolf.  "You really need to get a leash on that thing."  He said, grinning.  "Haha!  I think the only reason it doesn't come right out and attack you is because then it wouldn't have anyone to put anything in it!"
  He nodded as to the size recommendation and went over to pull a different drill out of the cabinet, passing by the twin wolves on the way.  He gave them a grin and a nod on the way.  "What's goin' on, guys?"

Post by: Frost on April 27, 2008, 12:10:31 PM
   "Huhuhu, yer right. I just wish I could trow dis curse on sum'n else. It eats me outta house'n 'ome." Just to prove its point another "Urrrrr!" was emitted and Tummy goes silent. (for now)

Zargon's approach gave the brother's fiendish idea's. Oh, how could they have a bit of fun, and what to use? In his passing the white tiger had issued a greeting. In responce Vaughn and Virgil gave their own greeting. {"Wazzup!"} A combined chime, with tongues hanging out, was their greeting of choice.

Post by: Vashiel on May 04, 2008, 01:38:37 PM
Rolling his eyes at Frost's small outburst, Vash took the lapse in conversation to wander over to the shop supervisor to discuss the handle for the blades he had made. The discussion would last for several minutes, as Vash gave minute details of what he wanted engraved into the handle, what it would be used for, the best wood to make it out of, etc, etc.

Post by: Zargon on May 08, 2008, 05:56:46 PM
  Zargon snickered at the cued response.  "So, you guys going to be working here for a bit I hear?"  He asked curiously, going over to the cabinet that contained the drill bits.  He pulled the handle.  The door didn't budge.  "Huh.."  He went over and picked up the key to the lock.  Coming back, he put the key into the lock.  It took a strange amount of force, as though it was filled with a quickly hardening adhesive.  "What the?"  The tiger said, confused.  The key wouldn't turn, so he went to take it out to try another, but it wouldn't come out either.  "Hey!" He jerked on the key with the result that it broke off flush with the lock.  "Oh, squid!"
  He looked around at the two brothers.  "You didn't see anything, right?  Right??" He started to look for something to pry the key out with.

Post by: Frost on May 09, 2008, 02:34:34 PM
   Snickers were hardpressed to silence as the Vaughn and Virgil watched Zargon attempt to open the lock. When he asked of them, they spoke in unison. {"See what?."} Retreating a decent distance, the dark furred twosome began to vent their laughter, quietly.
Prenna D'tella/17/Calico/Veterinary Student
Shyssa Wynd/19/Jilaic/Human Studies